Diamondhide Basilisk no is a beast.

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by serxic, Nov 29, 2014.

1. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

He is 100% dragon .

2. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Well visually yes-ish, but I believe basilisks are historically more akin to serpents aka lower animals aka beasts, then they are to dragons aka higher beings aka mythical. I mean granted to the best of my knowledge basilisks are indeed mythical creatures too.

Beasts don't always mean hairy mammals. But I think the distinction that they are making in this games lore is that they are more animals while dragons or the other dragon kin have been touched by higher powers, and in some cases as with the hero dragons revered and worshipped.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

where's the dislike button

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Basilisk -> Reptile ->Beast

Serxic ->Shutup

Sealer0 likes this.
  5. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

Basilisk Templar rides a basilisk but is classified as races Draksar (the rider) and Dragon (the basilisk). Therefore, Diamondhide Basilisk no is a beast.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

That's a normal basilisk. A diamond hide basilisk is totally different.

Like a Brown Bear and a Panda Bear.

OchiK likes this.
  7. OchiK

Well maybe he should be draksar/beast?

Also given that he's a draksar it makes more sense that it would be made to synergize with Dragons instead of SL beasts since that's more the skeezicks territory isn't it?

Also I'm sure there's different types and classifications for basilisks they aren't all made equal. Maybe the one he rides is the bastardized love child of Valdrac and a gem hide? I mean if the dwarfs worship him he's got to be into some pretty skeezy stuff no?

Or maybe it's a game suspend your disbelief about fictional things :p

8. OchiK

Movn is a part time basilisk anthropologist I believe his findings on this topic implicitly.

9. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Panda bears are actually bears, for the record; although red pandas are not.

Enough people forget that panda bears are bears that there is a small but significant number of panda-related injuries due to mauling. Cute, cuddly mauling.

10. OchiK

Sharang is a part time zoo master for the panda enclosure at the Beijing Zoo I trust his assessment implicitly.

11. sokotra

sokotra Member

Just give diamondhide basilisk both beast and dragon.

sharang2 likes this.
  12. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

I'm wondering; is there any nora cost to having multiple races? The simple inclusion of an extra race on something with, say, Violent, makes it that much better. Where can I find more info on the costing formula?