UD champions: More Minotaurs!

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Psilokibes, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, lately I have been checking minotaurs and I like them but seems that they dont really fit well with the rest of the UD faction.
    They have no interaction with other races. Don´t know if it is because any history I didn´t know but I think that they need a link with demons.
    From PRINCE MALANDUR rune we can read "they work on behalf of Lord Maxxarek" so, it can be possible a link with demons.
    In DIMENSION DOOR relic rune it is said too that "Maxxerek was not sure ... he did not relish the thought of having to deal with old Randgal (Minotaurs) again" so they are not the best friends of the world but they work together.

Well, after this introduction, I go with the first of the runes I have in mind:

[​IMG] Possessed Minotaur.

Flavor-Text: "How are they doing? Have they already kill them? I want all their souls!!" Maxxarek complaining to his Imp servants.

· UD rare champion (There is only 1 rare minotaur)
    · Race: Minotaur & Demon
    · Class: Brute and/or warrior.

· Stats: STR: 13 SPD: 7 RNG: 1 DEF: 1 HP: 52

Flavor-Text: "How are they doing? Did they kill them all? I want all their souls!!" Maxxarek complaining to his Imp servants.

· Base Skills: Attack Physical, Berserker rank 2 (7 nora) and Tormented (5nora)
    · Upgrade Ability 1 : Resistance Physical 1, 2, 3. (base rank 2 = 5 nora)
    · Upgrade Ability 2 : Berserk Attack rank 3 (4 nora), Evasive rank 2 (5 nora), Spur (8 nora)
    Nora Cost: I Don´t know how the base is calculated, but around 80+ I think.

He is a living battering ram. Fast and dangerous. The idea of being a semi demon is to let it interact with other UD runes (priestess, blood orbs, demonshield, etc) but keep it the minotaur feeling of something dangerous that is better to kill as soon as posible.

Well, UD have 2 other berserk units: Servile Brute and Warogg, both beast race. This one is the evolution of them. Huge treat wih some integrated protection with evasive and resistance or a bigger treat with spur. I think that UD must be a place full of berserk champions but it isn´t. It is better than the others 2 but more expensive in nora. And he is a demon that is very important for UD interactions
    Inside minotaur theme: it is a fast champion with hard hit, something that can be very dangerous and that with the demon race, can make things other minos can´t.

The combo of his skill could be really amazing:

13 base damage + 4 from UD faction + 3 from berserk 2 = 20 base damage + tormented, berserk attack or spur... a killing machine. The careless skill helps to not make it very unbalanced and you can try not to focus on damage and go for a more resistent champ with evasive and more resistance.

Something that when u see it deployed u may feel.... "I must kill it first".

About the artwork, I didn´t make it. Just an idea, but I would like more "gore" in it : more blood, maybe a second pair of horns, red shining eyes...

Well, hope u like it :D I know this can be a bit OP but the nora cost is here to adjust. I used Gahlroon as base, lowered his stats but put a better skills in it. Feel free to coment and like the post ;) And thx for reading it all!

Soon I will come back with other ideas like the "Bishop Minotaur" or the "Keeper of the Labyrinth".

2. Psilokibes

Mmmm, 10 visits but 0 comments :( Guys, just say if u think it could be possible, OP or +/- 1

Anyway, here I come with my 2nd Mino:

[​IMG] ARCHER MINOTAUR

Flavor-Text: Rare between his race, Archer Minotaurs enjoy the task of to hunt the few preys that manage to scape from the Labyrinth. "Did you see how they run? It is a pity that it ended so fast..."

· UD rare champion (There is only 1 rare minotaur, yet)
    · Race: Minotaur
    · Class: Archer.

· Stats: STR: 10 SPD: 6 RNG: 3-5 DEF: 1 HP: 45

· Base Skills: Attack Arrow, Pin Down (8 nora)
    · Upgrade Ability 1 : Piercing Shot 1, 2, 3. (base rank 2 = 7 nora)
    · Upgrade Ability 2 : Far Shot 2 (5 nora), Opportunistic (6nora), Detection rank 3 (6 nora)

Nora Cost: I Don´t know how the base is calculated, but around 75 I think.

Minos, and UD, have no long range attacks (maybe Grimlic and goblin archers) as the faction is for melee focus but I think 1 long range unit that coud make lot of damage gives more strategic options to any faction.
    The rol of this champion is to wait in the second line, Pin Down the objetive and let the other units asault it. It can harras and hit specific targets.
    With the Upgrading abilitys the Mino Archer gets more damage & different effects: more range, posibility of xtra AP and damage and detection (for decks that dont have it in other units)

I think that pin Down is a great skill if u want to hunt any movile champion, and piercing shot can be amazing (rank 3 = +9 damage!!) so it could be a very dangerous unit. It fit the place in minotaurs decks and could fit in other UD decks to rol a long range champion ( the 1 we have now if the goblin that is ok but I like the idea of a more dangerous one).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Hum, I like the idea of the both, let's starting with the first:
    You say that careless will make him balanced, wrong! With beserker 2 he will have enought SPD to do 2 atk in the same turn everytime, and with this stats he is not balanced... I suggest nerf his stat a little, and take out spur from upgrade, maybe unstopable it's better, and leave an option for the player, if he wants more damage (beserker atack) or some tank unit (evasive/unstopable).

And I like the Minotaur Archer, maybe mobility on him fits well too, maybe swith pin down for mobility? Since the minotaur are fast, and even if he doesn't have 7 SPD, he will be a great choice for an archer since he can disengage from an oponnet that tries to kill him.

And I love the art, it's you who made it?

4. Psilokibes

No, the art isn´t mine, hehehe. Just an image i take from internet.

Its true that the Possessed minotaur will get 8 AP each turn, but it is what makes him dangerous. Maybe lowering the STR to 10, changing spur as u said... Or lower the SPD to 6 but rise berseker to rank 3. 8 AP each turn is the key for this champ.
    It is only that spur is an amazing skill (serpentor paradigm is great just for that skill) and I wanted to put it in another unit =p The unstopable could be a good option.

Mobility is great skill for range champions. In minotaur theme it is not so necesary cos minos have the portals and swap options in the deck. In other themes it coud be better. Pin Down is supposed to be his main skill for rooting enemy units and let the party gank it. Not sure about this... Is true that when u can do 21 damage (10 base+9 piercing shot 3+ 2 from faction bonus) maybe to Root the champion is not so usefull =p

Thx for ur coment, hope more people join the conversation ;)

5. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Yeah, so if you want to keep his 8 SPD, put unstopable, switch beserker atack for it, and leave spur, than the player will need to choose, not losing ap in beserker (unstopable) or do some more DMG (spur) and maybe 10 or 11 is a good stat for him :D

Hum, so if you want to make a ranged champion that can slow down the enemy, than pin down is fine, but something in the second upgrade path are strange, but dont know what :X

No problem, waiting to see your other ideas ;)

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

romove dect 3 and put in precision that make him better as a ranger

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

You want minotaur archer at 75 nora ?

Compare with draksar archer and gunner please.

8. Psilokibes

yes, hehehe. I said that I dont know how nora cost base is calculated. With the stats and skills I think it will be much more expensive.

Precision instead of detection looks great .

9. Psilokibes

[​IMG] ASTERION , THE LABYRINTH KEEPER

"Take it easy Maxxarek, Asterion is after her. He will come back with her sooner than you expected" Said Prince Malandur with a smile in his face...

· UD Legend or exotic champion.
    · Race: Minotaur
    · Class: Knight
    · Asterion will be a 1x1 champion, limited at 1 per deck.

· Stats: STR: 11 SPD: 7 RNG: 1-2 DEF: 1 HP: 48

· Base Skills: Trip to the Labyrinth * (New skill similar to Duel but with some changes 6-8 nora), Quest: Kill enemy. (8 nora), Hero (-10 nora), Unstoppable (3 nora)

· Upgrade Ability 1 : Hunter: Hero (5 nora) , Declare Hunted (8 nora) or Hunter: Protectorate (9 nora)

· Upgrade Ability 2 : Resistance: Physical 2 (5 nora), Regeneration 2 (6 nora) or Scale Armor (8nora)

Nora Cost: around 90 or 100 maybe.

Skill "Trip to the Labyrinth": CD 5, AP 2, maybe 6 - 8 Nora.
    I want it to be a kind of Duel skill with some differences:
    · You can target an opposing champion within 5 spaces.
    · For 8 turns both champions are "Lost in the Labyrinth": target champion gains Reckless Teleport 1 and Asterion gains teleport 2. Both champions can only attack or cast skills on each other or themselfs and become shielded until this effect ends. Other champions not "Lost in the Labyrinth" can´t attack or cast skills on them. This can´t be cleansed. This effect ends if this unit or the target die.
    The idea of this skill is to start a 1vs1 duel vs another champion without the help of other units.
    The idea of the teleports is for helping range units but with advantage for Asterion and to show a way of dimensional persecution. I think this could be funny XD.

This champion will work as a 1vs1 hunter, trying to stop the most dangerous champion of your enemy. The Trip to the labyrinth is a way to ignore other units but it doesn´t have the extra buff that Duel gives.

Well, that is it. Hope you like the idea of the new skill. Maybe Duel can work too, but i wanted something that focus on 1 vs 1, not allowing other champions to help in the fight.
    Any Crow Control skill could be nice too, something like stun but could be too much.
    Thinking if Pariah could fit on him for lowering the nora cost...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014