Meta

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Netherzen, Nov 20, 2014.

1. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

ss (2014-12-13 at 05.27.49).jpg

Would remove Reapers blade if I had a Doom :(

2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I run reapers blade and 2xdoom

3. TheBulwark

4. jsat

jsat The King of Potatoes

Interested in seeing anyones bg really, spirits, skeles, witches. Looking at starting playing again.
    the meta/db looks ok but i don't know if I can get used to the following being/nearly being unplayable in meta: sekran, xulos, angel, doomy, korsien.

5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

You can see other bgs in other threads.Serkan,Xulos and angel are not nearly unplayable,they are all solid champions.I am not sure if you noticed but nearly every meta bg has xulos/serkan.

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. Netherzen

This is my first version of the new and improved meta bg,i will make changes as i get more experience with it.

meta.jpg

7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Im going to try this someday, it looks fun, ill take out xulos tho.

8. Netherzen

The playstyle is the same as teascholar when he uses his meta bg,watch his vids if you are unsure,i got alot of inspiration from him.
    Few pointers:
    Skeleton berserker run at 30 nora,and death guard with knockback 1 and max death nova,if you got tome out you can spam them,they are very cheap and efficient,just make sure you can do something with them before they die.Death harvester is run with skrimisher and max detection,he is anti stealth,font contesting and death harvest,mostly i will pick nora globes with dusk creeper.I run deathcaster with soulshift and iron will,if you reanimate him for 65 nora,then trigger soulshift and pick up his globe he ends up costing like 15 nora.If you want to pop a second death pact and death nova you can also bodyguard him.

TeaScholar likes this.
  9. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Here's what i got. 61 avg. nora cost fgfgh.JPG

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. TheBulwark

Sean5056 likes this.
  11. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

no one play risen moga, why? for 50 nora is a good champ, and he hasn't lumbering

12. TheBulwark

Everyone does in cheap meat decks bro

13. JaceDragon

ah that's why, i run x2 of them

14. jigz2009

jigz2009 The King of Potatoes

I have this BG currently.

[​IMG]

I always get clobbered by cheap champs decks and any bg with lots of healing and spells that buffs champs especially ST . Despite having disease sources, they can still eventually heal and outlast my zombies. It's kinda frustrating that the "below 64 nora" champs of almost all other factions has more abilities, more durable, and in several case has more speed than FF FW normally have. Only the Afflicted corpse and Polluted martyr are the real nora-efficient champ which can do more sh!t. If I play UT/Tome they get blown up by FS and ST. If I play defensive they will also also build up. And once their big expensive almost unkillable champs like Ancestral avengers comes out they'll start steamrolling.

I'd appreciate suggestion for my BG. thanks.

15. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Ok lets start with problem #1.

You're not runnin any death guards buddy!
    Your dead fairies, creeper, hell your whole bg, relies on them.
    I run them with disease nova 3 for extra surprise buttsex damage when repurped

which leads us to problem #2...

You're not running any repurposes.
    That's why you can beef up and compete.
    Welcome to FW where you must sacrifice underlings in order to make your beater/range compete with other factions higher stats on all of their champs compared to ours.
    That's right, this factions champs are so generally bad stat-wise that they require gimmicks and doo-hickeys in order to COMPETE. That's right. That's why Serkan has 12 damage while Grimlic has oh, 17.

16. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Nobody else runs Lich's servitor? I love this guy, honestly I think he's pretty cheap for what you get

17. jigz2009

hahaha thanks Tea. actually I've been an FF FW purist (only FW faction points, zero in other faction) all my Poxlife. Just came back last month so I still trying to relearn thing again hehehe. But some things remain the same for FF FW: faction bonus still suck, everyone else complains FW is OP when you cliffdive them with Domi hahaha.

So well I already tried old-school attrition (UT/Tome/Festering Wounds), 2010-2011 FW goodstuffs, and the fast FW BG (planeshift/soulrender/swordmage) will only works with uncommon league and lower rare league :( Ok going forward... I'm definitely dropping stupid Moragen. She can't do something great even if I put a tempest crown on her unlike how she does it 2 years back. Maybe drop Serkan as well coz I just realized he ain't 7-spd anymore you cannot teleport-and-shoot each turn anymore. Maybe replace them with.... hmmm what do we have?? high warlock maybe?

And what will I remove to squeeze in deathguards and repurposes?

Thanks!

TeaScholar likes this.
  18. jigz2009

I used to love him back then when he was still 75nora and he got an alternate magic range attack. :(

19. JaceDragon

Any help improve my attrition? Actually i'm 2-1, with all games lasting 1h...

[​IMG]

Edit: i find that the crown is bugged, or at least doesn't work as i remember, cuz yes it deal 10 dmg, but heal too >.< So if i cast before decay it's ok, otherwise not. So i'm thinking in replace it with something else

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I have this uncanny thing where I'll say "oh you're not running my meta bg? You're not fulfilling your capabilities..."

To where any difference is then turned into a suggestion.
    But I can't just say 'go back a page and copy my meta bg in order to win'.

so baby steps...

@jigz2009
    I find in FW bgs (welcome back btw), there is a balance between soulreave/ reapers blades/soulbane VS doom/shadowshank
    They kind of counter similar things, and thus too much of both can leave your bg with less slots- less efficiency.
    The best way to do it in MY opinion is to go for the kill everytime.
    So I suggest ridding the soulreave,bane,and reapers blade, and adding a second shadowshank + a second doom.

An ounce of logic:

- soulreave is so situational that at least 50% of your games will be that spell wasting a slot, never to be used.

- soulbane, along with ancient's prot, steal life, essence drain, domi and the like; these are good spells but not geared towards long term attrition. Doom ensures a kill at some point. Steal life, drain, bane, domi, these are, once again- situational. And can be recovered from. Domi in a particular case in which not only are there hard counters (snow blind), people will avoid giving you opportunities to domi them if they're decent players. Steal life is a really good spell I want to point out, but there's an element of playstyle that goes with it. It's a bit more rushy + easier for opponents to recover from. Doom is difficult to do anything about and few factions can respond to it (IS=blink, UD=sac/retri). If you run a mix for both kinds of counters, keep it short and sweet. No point in having Reaper's Blade AND soulreave in the same bg. And that's in general.

- Anathema has been that mainstream AoE spell for FW ever since it was put into the game. I always suggest people trade it out for a desecration, in this case a secondary desecration. In attrition playstyle, the minimal 5 damage to champs is often all you'd need to secure one or possibly many kills, and in a large radius. It's incredibly cheap and execellent for spot destealth when you really need it- - AND that's important for FW. Not only that, if you happen to run desecration x2, most relics, relic spam/cheese, and bad situations due to relics are utterly shut down. My favorite thing to do is to attack the relic(s) to bring them to 10 or less hp, and then finish it off with a single cheap desecrate. Often leaves me with ap and in a good position. Not to mention, sheer fact here: Desecration is the ONLY spell FW has that does DAMAGE to relics (particularly good damage)

- Ethereal Soldiers, when used in tandem (deploy one, end turn, deploy the second one on the next turn) can make/break a game. This is so you can take turns hexing or contesting. One can contest in ghost form while the other hexes. You can even deploy them at the same time to start double hexing if times are really tough.

- I run a single mobi (sometimes none at all) and I find it to be powerful enough. More interpretation on this one.

- The only cheap champ aside from D harvester in your bg is a single afflicted corpse.... You need two of those. The death guards will be your other primary cheap ones. Use them in defensive situations, even if you attack with a dead fairy, prepare to have a D guard follow if for just long enough to negate some damage and hopefully death nova into the opponents.
    ------- On that note, repurping D guard is pretty customary to do, but repurping the polluted martyr is almost twice as effective. But that being said--- Remember there is no shame in letting D guards die from the short lived counter- in fact [important] letting those death guards live to the last of their short lived turns allows you to get an extra round of protection from bodyguard. And your opponents will avoid that whole process because they know it's about to die.
    ~ And running two death guards, with such low cooldown, essentially garuntees you'll have one available at any given point in time- and you WILL need them. You CAN get away with running just one D guard, however. I don't recommend it.

- Running x2 of pillar champs are important. The only champs in my bg that I run x1 are D harvester, P martyr (situational), and the heroes. Everything else, coragh (i understand if you only have one that's ok), dead fairies, Aff corpses, d guards, E soldiers, creepers, and Shanks, these are all ran at x2.
    ~ And in mentioning that, take note of the diversity of champs/spells in your bg, and then compare with mine. My bg happens to appear much simpler but gives more trouble in meta play if you ask me.

- ONE LAST THING -
    Try to see if you can squeeze a reanimate or two in there. Hell- I started with one. I experimented with it. It seems that the better you are at knowing/predicting when your champs will die (flavorful eh?), the better results you will yield from Reanimate as a spell. After a while of running one, you might find yourself wishing you had a second one due to how amazing it is.
    Highly suggested you use this on Dead Fairies, as they are the squishy ones. It's the easiest to tell if they are going to die.
    And after you reanimate the D Fairy, when it respawns, pop a death guard on it and keep hitting stuff.
    OR pop the death guard and let it run its course BEFORE you pop reanimate, if you were about 30+ nora short.
    FW is incredibly defensive when used the right way.

I'm also just going to assume you're running your D fairies with the correct upgrades ;)

ohohohohohohohohoho
    P.S.

- Don't underestimate AFF corpse.
    - I dont run equips because it essentially adds cost to my own champs, which makes it painful if they die. We are Forsaken motherFirking Wastes. Avoid holding sentimental values, acquire death & nora.
    It should be the opposite of painful when your champs die.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Netherzen and jigz2009 like this.