In Need of New Laptop

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xezno, Dec 24, 2014.

1. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

In the next week or two I plan on buying a new laptop since my last one, covered in duck tape, finally came apart and died on me. Anyone knows of or runs across any amazing online deals let me know.

Requirements:
    1) Play Pox Nora amazingly
    2) Screen at least 14" but the bigger the better, I hate small screens
    3) >$600 (shipping included and I live in the USA)

I need it for school and I am always on the move so that is why it has to be a laptop of some sort. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A Chrome book can go for $230, but it is not supported by Poxnora, and a Windows emulators are not reliable. But for general purpose, this things is great.

ASUS was having a sale recently on computer on Amazon, not sure what your LF specifically I spent a massive amount of money for a gaming PC that I know will hold together for the next 5-7 years. Instead of paying modestly, and updating every 2.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Careful which laptop you get. You don't wanna end up too flustered.

SPiEkY and Dagda like this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, you

5. xezno

I havent worked in almost a year so I am living off savings and loans while in school. 600 is honestly more than I can justify since I can get what I need for school for about 300 bucks and be more than happy. I just hate that I will lose the ability to play pox permanently if I do :(

I am still looking and I might try my luck on ebay but that is so iffy. For pox being such a simple looking game it has some big requirements. I am basing this off more my old laptop that had a GeForce graphics card and quad processor and still lagged when mass terrain effects where in play. Maybe this will just be the end of my short lived pox career but I am not losing hope yet. There should be some great sales in the next couple days.

6. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Lenovos are the best bang for your buck. I've imaged quite a few at work. Some of them are 7+ years old and still run well.

8. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Lenovo have good hardware for what you pay for it, but the customer support is close to none, so if it breaks and you have no idea how to fix it yourself, you're screwed. Get an Asus if you ask me.

Asus X550CC-XX043H is pretty decent. I live in Europe so I don't know if it's available in the USA, look it up.

9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Asus is a great deal but low reliability from my experience. They don't last long

10. xezno

Thanks for the help so far everyone! I was looking at Asus but my last laptop was an Acer and I would put them in the same category. I got allot for the price but the case literally fell apart on me so I had to ducktape the entire laptop just to keep it together. Being on the road allot coming up I need something that can handle a few bumps. Looking hard at Lenovo now. I was hoping to good after Christmas sales would pop up but no so luck so far :(

Decided I am looking for something with an i5 processor that is at least 2.53ghz and comes with a GeForce GPU of some sort. For >600 with shipping this maybe impossible.

Can anyone give me an idea how well Intel HD Graphics 4400 works with pox? I just dont want mass lag just because there are allot of terrain effects or allot of units out.

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I've found HP or Dell to be the best, I spent 780 on a mid range laptop. But there where really good 8Gram 1Terrabite compys with Intel/AMD graphics for 500ish

I got mine at Future Shop