Double Protection on AA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sirius, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

On a slightly different note has anyone wondered why Ethereal Being gives Pacified while Incorporeal? Ghost champions already can't attack, right? I've noticed games where I have used Soothing Serenade on an opposing AA, in Ghost form, and the opposing player just has to become Corporeal and the Pacified condition I gave goes away too. Currently, AA is one of the only champions that can de-Pacify itself.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Its a bug, also if u 2 turn pacify the aa before it becomes incorporal, the pacify seems to last one turn extra if he becomes corporal the following turn, he is still pacified even though the pacify effect ahoild normally be times out. Have seen this in several games.

3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

You are NOT describing balance! Proof is in the pudding, just quoting for all to see.

I have seen TONS of terrible suggestions to "balance" AA, some from KF players and some from KF haters. Declare your opinion please.

4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

What if we take all the AA's and push them over to Conquest.

You guys remember Conquest? That one game that everyone thought would be the next poxnora and then it was an utter failure and now only has like 80 players and is still fairly decent.

Sealer0 and TeaScholar like this.
  5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Not both at once, they were each casted right as AA was phased, so it couldn't be un-phased by magic.

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Did they change incorporeal to allow damage from damage types that are not magic? Thats new to me. I thughoght it gives protection against Firking every dmg type apart from one.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Best thing you've posted yet.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Yeti Spirit was changed 1-2 weeks after the revamp. There were so many complaints on the forum. What I don't understand is that AA has had so many complaints for so many months and nothing has been done. It makes me cry.

Goyo likes this.
  9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I edited out the name calling from the OP. My apologies to the devs for calling them names; I guess for me it was between that and remaining calm, but permanently quitting. To be clear, I still believe they deserve to be called like that simply based on their actions and decisions, but doing so is unfortunately kind of pointless; and mean.

Now to adress some of the ideas I've seen around the thread:

Casting Time Slip early game ensures AA kills something, usually the one magic damage you managed to get out and then AA gets to sit in the font, healing and denying nora & forward deployment.
    Casting Protection ensures AA gets to sit in a font for the duration. All that time, the AA player will be generating more nora than his opponent, which can be put to use toward the very cheap meta elves and further AA support. You payed 40 nora for 1 cast, and you get to deny your opponent of 36 nora, forward deployment and you get the chance to heal up and prepare. In the nora race you have with your opponent, you payed a total of 4 nora more for it.

Whoever says stuff like "you pay 200/250/250/whatever nora for all of that" obviously is not getting the very important idea that TIME MATTERS. Not all moves are equal at all points in the game. The chance to make AA vulnerable to damage ONLY when you want to, at only that precise moment in time is REALLY strong. You get to heal with Catharsis/healers etc. Since your opponent is constantly on the backfoot, it is extremely difficult to move against the relics and creatures that support AA. Because remember, AA can hit back like a truck. Are you gonna go up against all that with 1 font less than your opponent?

Now let's try to explain that in a different way: nora invested into very efficiently getting champion kills, champion saves, font contests etc. - in other words nora that is invested into putting you solidly ahead- cannot be viewed as just "sinking nora". You can't just go "omg, but that whole thing costs ~300 nora". Not to mention that such a claim hides one crucial aspect: opportunity costs. We keep talking about high cost stuff as tempo hits, yet we completely forget how much we know about this when it suits us, don't we? 90 nora at once is way different than 90 nora in 2 or 3 pieces. The tempo hit is completely different, you get flexibility. The risk is not as great when you have the flexibility to spend or not spend however many pieces of nora you want.

Sealer0, Ragic, TeaScholar and 3 others like this.
  10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I had the idea of every time he attacks he can't go incorp for x ammount of turns and stacks.

Ancestral anger.

Fixes protection.

11. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Have you considered that no other champion is legitimately worth 250 nora in spell protection because no other champion can do what AA does; regardless of nora cost?

12. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I would sooner abuse AA than to go back to playing conquest.. Filth..