Gedden, you completely destroyed Leoss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Dec 31, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sorry what? You haven't been an "active player" since mid 2013.

Unless playing 2 or 3 games per week counts as an active player. Is that one of the classifications you guys use to delude yourself the game is doing fine?

2. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Someone above mentioned the possibility of Logistics: Magical Attack on Jengar Arcanis; which is pretty cool to me.
    I am a less experienced player than most on these forums, but I do have some experience with Jengar Arcanis in FF and split IS and ST; and I find it to be a very playable unit. It has two damage types; resistance to neither of which is particularly common, and champions with a resistance to one tend to be vulnerable to the other. Heart of Ice screws him over, but other than that I find that he doesn't really miss not having a basic attack that much; and not having to pay for a 1-5 range while still having attacks available at that range make him much more efficient.

Would discounting it for not having basic attacks not make Jengar Arcanis way too efficient? In the past, providing a 'drawback' which is completely mitigated by the rest of the kit (see: Warogg) has led to this problem. Would paying for a 1-5 range magical attack not make it less so; or would access to a third damage type be enough compensation, trading pure efficiency for versatility?

On a broader scale, aren't there champions without basic attacks that do not necessarily need a cost reduction related to their lack of basic attack? For example, Skywing Imperator is widely considered a sandbagged overcosted unit; but the issue on the SL forums always seemed directed at his 20 nora of Acolytes and the 12 of Desert Walker. If I could play Skywing Imperator for 62-68 nora without the sandbag abilities, I would absolutely do so; which seems to indicate that champions who have some way of attacking every turn should perhaps be exempt from the proposed no-attack discount.

Woffleet and OchiK like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Who is Jengar Arcanis?

4. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I was under the impression that Leoss never really worked, lots of potential, but never really got there as a theme

5. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Arcanis is ma bae!

I've also had a lot of fun with architect lately too.

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Corpse got into some hot water by being paraphrased about Leoss. Something to the effect "Leoss arent meant to be a theme ...they are meant to be Rambo Swiss Army knife toolbox champs etc". It didnt go over well as I recall. This could explain why adding synergy retro actively is am uphill battle.

P.s. The toolbox part seems accurate...boom!

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

They would need some runt/kitten champs to be fully fleshed but you can add things like PoV, crystal phoenix, lbt, silv.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

he is the master of Jenga

9. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    nerf pls

ptjimbo, Baskitkase, MEATMAN and 3 others like this.
  10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- sounds like an aussie pop star...........a hawt one doe

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

please make pantier lurker cheaper i know he 76-80 nora for detect upgrade but does he really need escape and shadowstrike
    he could have a new complete 2nd upgrade path

12. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I think the idea is to give basic attacks a cost. Not to discount champions that do not have a basic attack. Pretty much everything else will cost more.

13. Radan

Radan The King of Potatoes

EDIT:
    Archanis
    It can have logistics: attack magical(close combat, and any attack type), nora cost 1 to 5 i guess.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

that will make him even more expensive wait are you perposly nerfing arcinis?

15. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Yea the revamp shoeboxed a lot of viable things that need love
    Like Leoss and Constructs
    and Draksars
    and some tortuns

and a misterious wurm

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Bro, strux r strok.

17. Radan

Radan The King of Potatoes

no i am not

18. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

My favorite thing to do with the game was build stupid theme decks to play around with in TG.

If I can take a moment to cry about the loss of my hidden vegetation spam deck rangers/beasts deck. I loved that deck. And it combo'd insanely well with wings in 2v2. Sigh
    Only one of the creatures from that deck still has the hidden: vege ability. And all the silly veggie enablers like spikewood abom and Anaru got nerfed hard.

Also can Ranger get init and reinforce back so I can drop him at 13 ap again?

Seriously though the last deck I made was just like "Oh well this looks OP and fun, oh and so does this"

If you trim away all the abilities, then the only thing left to throw in your deck is the champs with the best stat:cost ratio. Meta trash reigns supreme.

TLDR;
    I'm sad and the Greens should start a public "to do list"
    Hopefully said to do list won't just lead to more people bitc hing about how long it takes you guys to do things. Put incredibly lofty and silly goals in there so people realize none of it can happen overnight.

19. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I agree. We need more active abilities and less Meat champs. AP usage should feel more strategic, instead of only "move" and "basic attack". There is no strategy in there other than positioning and deck building.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015