I apologise...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

To all the people I am going to quit on when I enter a game.

BUT... I refuse to keep playing against the same IS BG every other game or so.

As such, from this day until it is fixed, I am quiting every game I start vs IS.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Something something is OP

Dagda likes this.
  4. Atherhog

Not even that's it's OP, just it's the same damned BG everytime!

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

just quit for a while then come back when ronin is released
    people usually tend to make other bgs and other less OP racials will come back every time a expansion is release for short time

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's pretty much the same KF, SP and UD BG every time too.

7. chickenpox2

I'm sure firks will rise again!

8. Atherhog

True enough... feels like more IS players atm though

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The advise "just quit until X happens" is being thrown around way too much around these forums. It's NOT okay for the game to be in this condition. It is NOT the solution to just quit the game when the game gets out of hand. By that logic people shouldn't be playing this year at all. Even in a good year, you'd have to quit several months if the game becomes stale or boring.

It's not on the players to make sacrifices in a game that is improperly managed. It's upon the devs to step up their game.

Sirius, Sunutsu and IMAGIRL like this.
  10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Although I agree, we got to consider DOGs limited power to move the game where it should be. Managing a game is something we don't know about, and might be harder than we think.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Regardless whether DOG is the best or worst company in the world.

The advice "to just quit until X happens" holds no merit whatsoever.

Sunutsu and IMAGIRL like this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Down in the trenches of rare league I hardly ever run into IS. It is mostly UD and KF.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. chickenpox2

Even so if everyone follows that our playerbase will be close to 0
    If you remember what gedden answered to my question about choosing between fixing steam and getting players and blancing the champs his response was that the steam players are not coming back they need to fix the game first then get more players later through conventions

Almost everybody in this game leaves for a period thats part of the game. Take the steam players I'm pretty sure none of the steam players are coming back i can be certain when ronin does comes the playerbase will more or less remain the same between 100-150 with maximum of 190/200

14. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Pox had nearly 200 players on yesterday which was kinda weird thought something was happening. Pretty sure when ronin will hit we will probably see close to 400 or so. Most people who are taking a break from the game will most likely come to check it out.
    And IS at the moment is a whole lot of bull..

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

google translate told me that you're making no sense whatsoever

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

see here's the thing. when the game is ****, quitting it is not a sacrifice. what doesn't help is collectors throwing money at them no matter what crap they put out.

17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I wouldn't say UD decks are all the same, there is a number of auto-includes in a meta deck but there is also a lot of varience there too.

Also spiders, minotaurs and fire are very strong themes that get a lot of play.

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, I wasnt going to say anything but this is so far from the actual truth is not even funny.
    I mean, sure, if thats YOUR perception of things, cool. But I did play Pox for a couple weeks on my holidays break, and let me tell you something: Pox is in an ALL TIME LOW DECK VARIANCE. I mean, 90% of the matches I played were against IS or KF, and I didnt see a single "themed" bg. Acctually, I did see a lot of elves thrown together, if thats what we call a theme these days.
    But theres no variance whatsover, I dont think I have ever seen a time so full of meta decks only.
    /endrant
    Carry on.

Netherzen likes this.
  19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It's like you've read my post, decided it wasn't contentious enough, and so imagined your own version of it to reply to.

20. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Wouldn't just taking the manual reduction off Grintmaw Bouncer dramatically shake up the IS decks? I mean, every grintmaw bouncer you play basically generates 20 nora for you. There's zero reason not to just autoinclude.