The Slew of Fixes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Jan 3, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

When the next patch - presumably the expansion - comes through, whenever that is, can we expect a lot of bug fixes along with that? For instance, making Commander: Draksar work properly, along with Arctic and Statue of Xulos. Can the Greens give an idea of the tenor and scope of changes coming through with the next patch, even if in a general sense?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In terms of bug fixes, that will depend on what Moles/Wraiths get done on the coding side for the expansion. There are several bug fixes I know of that are already in there, and we hope to get a few more.

In terms of other changes, I am mostly focused on hitting some obvious problem runes, and adjusting the pricing of abilities that are out of whack.

JellyBerry, Goyo, Moles and 2 others like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Thanks for the prompt response. Glad to hear it.

4. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

All hail sokolov

5. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Commander Draksar is fixed now at my end, as sok says, we'll get to as many as we can with the launch and even more after the launch.

TheBulwark, sharang2, Poxlife and 3 others like this.
  6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Please fix Bestial Presence.. :(

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

please fix voidraker sprite

8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

If you mean removing it from Dugon I support that. :p

9. Moles

So guys, for those that don't know - to get a bug fixed, it has to be reported as a bug in the Bug Forums, if you have reproduction steps even better, make sure you post them.

Then once we confirm the bug, we have a ticket created internally, which is then given to a programmer, who then fixes it and boom the bug is fixed on the game.

Not all bugs will be as high priority, we are actively trying to quash bugs that affect gameplay the most first.

Poxlife and Karamasov like this.
  10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Thankyou for knowledge on steps and reasoning behind it.
    Any bug reports i make from now on will give a short repodction guide (if reasonable to include)

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Just to add that if you feel a bug (previously reported or not) is having an especially important impact on balance or quality of life then you can also raise it with faction reps who can suggest it be prioritised.

JellyBerry, Moles, Karamasov and 3 others like this.
  12. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can we leave AA alone because he is fine?

13. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

Whoa he is defy one of the problems

14. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

@Moles
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really happy to hear that. Any luck with the Shifter/Violence bug?

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I really hope that that was an extremely poor joke.

MEATMAN, Poxlife and Netherzen like this.
  16. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Of course it was. But I think he needs Intimidating and Evasive 5 as well.

17. Moles

The shifter one is much lower priority since Violence works ok in most situations, there is very few situations where a champ with violence shape shifts. Having said that - I believe we have a ticket on it, so we will get it when possible.

18. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

@Moles Arguably, they affect the same number of champions as only Draksar Lord has Commander: Draksar, but I'm just being difficult. I'm really happy to hear that you guys are making good progress on bugs.

Have you guys considered releasing these bugfixes as hotfixes instead of with the patch somewhere down the line? I feel like Skeezick Warguard was stealth hotfixed at some point. I understand that deploying more patches is obviously more work, so if that doesn't happen it would make sense, but it would do a LOT for my personal willingness to play more if I didn't have to see sixtysomething nora Bouncer anymore.

19. Moles

It was definitely discussed internally and if the expansion wasn't so close we would have a patch, but as we are so close now, it wouldn't be worth the extra time putting in a patch. The other benefit of doing it this way and holding off until the expansion is that you get everything at once, so you should love the expansion even more!

sharang2 likes this.
  20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Like... 20 days close?

Poxlife likes this.