A Statement from Sokolov - PoxNora in 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Sokolov, please stop answering these ignorant people (talking about those that are attacking you). You don't have to defend anything. The Poxnora community is very lucky to have this game still alive. I was not so lucky with some games I played with SOE, starting with Pirates (not of the Burning Sea, even though I very briefly played it).

You coming back is a very, very good sign! After all, it even has me "liking" (and agreeing with) posts by Baskitkase and Burnpyro! A good thing ideed!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    DarkJello and Moles like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Now how about you come back and helicopter the client again?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hey now, I have feelings too.

4. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Late to the train with my salutes, but non the less, welcome back.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  5. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Welcome back Sokolov! This is great news :D 2015 is going to be a good year for poxnora now I think! Good luck and have fun ^^,

JellyBerry and DarkJello like this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wow, best news in what, a year? Cool.
    Welcome back Sokobro, I really hope you can get me back to playing Pox!

JellyBerry likes this.
  7. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

Lower Nora cost of desert master to 2 or 3 nora and ill be happy. 12 nora is stupid high.

8. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I know I'm late for the party, but still want to come by and tell I'm quite grateful you're back.

I'm eager to see where the game is going to be headed from here.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Yeah...

like hunger.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

and mad

Etherielin, SPiEkY and MovnTarget like this.
  11. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Which only increases the Hunger.

12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Goyo likes this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Welcome back

14. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

welcome back Sokolov, Live up to your statement!

15. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I am still holding out hope that Disease won't be left to die. I mean... still can't even reach 50% amp in disease at the moment.

Then there are also possibilities for expanding on disease. I mean, it's a really thematic area of FW and it's pretty under-utilised.

Think of abilities like:
    Blight - Whenever this champion strikes a Diseased opponent with a basic attack, that champion takes disease damage equal to the duration of the Diseased condition.
    Manually triggers disease on enemies, stacking the damage up.
    Plague Carrier - Units adjacent to this one lose any disease immunity and gain Vulnerability - Disease. Friendly Zombies gain Disease Eater.
    Used on enemies and allies. If you get your unit in close to an enemy he greatly enhances disease damage and nullifies immunity. Adjacent to zombies he gives them disease-based healing.
    Withered - Enemy Diseased champions within 3 spaces are Lumbering.
    A form of control for engaging diseased champions and protecting your back line.
    Contagion[AP:3, CD:3] - This unit attacks for disease 5 damage at range 1-3. If damaged, the target becomes Decrepit (All damage dealt to this unit is converted to Disease Damage) for 4 turns.
    A weak attack with a long cooldown. Pretty bad on its own. Greatly enhances Disease Amp, especially if combo'd with Plague Carrier (above) and Black Death.

Etherielin, yobanchi and Netherzen like this.
  17. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

This!

18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Nice writeup on disease. We need the same for Poison, Sonic, Magic, Cold, and any other damage type, heck, even physical. Why leave any damage type out? Before implementing this for disease, we need to look at ALL damage types on the same level. This is how you balance. At least it sounds logical. I'll let the veteran PVPers voice their opinions, as PVP is much more finicky and us single-users are much easier to please.

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I love you sok

Sokolov likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think it depends on how you view parity should be applied.

You can argue that each damage type should be viable on its own, but it's generally been more pressing that each faction (and later theme) be playable. Sometimes, this meant damage type development (ST and UD were the ice and fire factions, respectively), but some factions, such as SL, has always had a split identity as it relates to damage types (Acid AND Fire). Other factions don't really have one at all (IS), unless you count Physical. And there are other aspects to faction or theme identity and playstyle too.

Other damage types, like Electricity, is a bit all over the map, with most factions having some access to at least a couple sources.

So since there's not a 1 for 1 relationship between damage types and factions, much less themes, some damage types are less viable than others and will be so without extraordinary efforts.