Tokens and gold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

"I think the PvP are poison to this game."

Also in case anyone was confused, I'm quoting Gaedal and other Pro-Single Player dudes.

2. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

Oh. I knew you were being facetious. I just thought adding quotation marks would be fun.
    "I think the poison theme is in need of buffs."

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you're talking about Gold Bonus tokens, that's a different topic.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

yeah Firk solving problems

people should adapt so I don't have to do my job
    Firk the plebs!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Probably because ranked is a joke and nobody cba

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  6. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

I am but one man, but I personally enjoy it in theory and often feel a sense of wonder when some new, badass upgrade path I didn't look into before hand becomes available to me. However, you are correct that it's way less meaningful in a Pox Nora where you can't make everything superchamps, and even I get tired of levelling things like The Doc to 3.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I enjoy pvp and the single player game modes. I enjoy single player more though because i am not consistently playing against the same boring battle groups that players see other good players run. Also you can actually win without running the same boring meta everyone else is running. But nobody i mean nobody enjoys lvling a champ for 2 new ranks of rend. Pox players continue to say this is "primarily a pvp game" yet pox's biggest boom of players came when they made the new single player game modes. We really need to get out of the mindset and stop focusing on just pvp as this has already been tried and has already failed twice.

8. super71

Nobody enjoys playing 20 games lvling a champ for some new ranks to rend. If the upgrade paths were not so boring it might be more interesting to lvl them. Or maybe since everyone wants to be able to name runes again when the runes reach lvl 3 make them nameable? But i really think reducing cp max to 100 and eliminating platinum tokens would be a huge step in the right direction and a much easier fix, than putting tokens in for pvp games which rarely has players even in lobby to que against.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

We should refrain from using false information in arguments.

Netherzen and IMAGIRL like this.
  10. Oldmaster

I am a huge fan of the new single player modes, as well as the training matches. In fact, I rarely play PvP. However, I believe that a healthy PvP environment is essential to the game, and is not something that has been a focus recently. I also personally feel that ranked IS the game. It is my opinion that the other game modes should be used as stepping stones into, and accessories to ranked play.

OchiK likes this.
  11. super71

Not a lot of people care to play pvp in an unbalanced game in every way shape or form, whether it be maps or factions. On top of all that we have the bugs then on top of that we have the stale metas. Pvp wise pox is in a poor state and pox needs a better a.i. for players to be introduced to the game more steadily. Right now playing pvp when your new after playing the current skirmishes and what not usually just turns into a brutal slaughter by a vet. The majority of games that do great things are usually games where players have options to do pvp or pve and a bot that has different levels of difficulty easing the new player into ranked or pvp.

12. super71

Look in single player lobby and tell me why those people are playing then, then tell me how many of them do pvp. They are here because they enjoy single player not to play against stale metas unbalanced factions and maps and runes and on top of all of this many many bugs. False information? Are player base max at times is about 150 if that and usually 120 of them are sitting in single player. You of all people who i hear in lobby saying how nobody will que should know this, nobody is queing because you only have 3 limited players on at a time.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So what you're saying is instead of focusing on giving Single Player new stuff, they should give PvP new stuff and fix the old stuff. Got it.

14. super71

What i'm saying is they should not give tokens only through playing pvp games, rather they should give them for pvp and pve. I understand kids these days have a hard time being wrong but when you have 100 people in campaign and 20 in pvp lobby pretty easy to do the math their sport.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeah I can tell you don't want to be wrong lol. PvP hasn't gotten any new goodies in forever, that's why when they added Skirmishes + rune drops in Single Player, more noobs started playing Single Player.

16. super71

Ehh but you have yet to prove anything other than veterans wanna see something done with pvp. Also please explain to me how more noobs in skirmish is a bad thing? If you haven't noticed 90% of the players in skirmish are new players, so when you can wrap your head around that get back to me.

17. Oldmaster

I agree that people will get stomped going into ranked. However, it IS ok to lose. A higher population in ranked would lower the average skill level. Adding incentives to ranked play would also help widen the skill level in ranked. Also, the step between skirmishes and ranked is training games. Generally though, it just seemed like you agree that ranked needs more patches, and therefore more attention? That the problem is an undeveloped stale PvP environment? I personally enjoy my PvP games much more then the skirmishes when I feel like putting in the effort required, because skirmish games are INCREDIBLY mindless. I usually end up with ridiculous amounts of Nora saved, because I don't need to do anything but deploy champs to win.

18. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

I think having a chance to get tokens from PvP would help to boost the PvP population. I think the two main questions with this are will this be in both practice and ranked, and what sort of frequencies are we talking about.

Personally I think it should apply to both practice and ranked. But I think there needs to be some safeguards if you will on the frequency so one cannot just join and surrender repeatedly to amass tons of tokens.

As a rough idea I do not think that tokens should be awarded from every match like you get runes from single player. Something like a 50/50 gold or token ratio. Add to that a token drop can only happen once a game has gone on for at least 10 minutes. I think the loser should only get a bronze token if they recieve a token, or up to silver at the most, and thusly the winner would get silver-plat. Additional caveats could be added to get a platinum token, either a certain % or perhaps more time elapsing in the match.

Or following the same proposal with a minor change, gold is always dropped per usual with an added chance of a token dropping too. But the same win/lose stipulations apply.

19. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

No bot will prepare you for PvP, especially not ranked. The ACTUAL majority of games that have both a singleplayer and multiplayer modes, the singleplayer mode is generally one giant tutorial that you need to MASTER before even thinking about moving on to multiplayer.

I remember playing Starcraft back in the day and going 1v7 computers and once that was easy only then was battlenet something I felt comfortable immersing myself in, and I still got thrashed by experienced players until I played long enough to get good and compete against them. I'm not proclaiming any professional Korean gaming level of experience but I was pretty above decent with Zerg.

But as Oldmaster said training games are the bridge between skirmish and ranked, they're sort of the probationary period to learn and sharpen your skills before you get thrown to the wolves.

20. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Token for gold like under SOE, solved. It's crazy DOG tough they can make profit with token.

I don't understand you Single players.
    I mean, i too enjoy play campaigns, they are all cool and add flavor to the whole pox's world. But ogm, the AI is too much stupid to enjoy more than the campaigns. I don't play very much at the moment, but traning grounds give to new player the chance to play with bg which are not completly awful.

And in the end play vs the AI for too much time make you stupid, it's scientifically proven