DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Extended boxes have gone up in gold cost, from 28k to 31k. Not a drastic increase, but enough to make it take longer to obtain. I'll have to wait until I get home and play a game so I can see how much impact the lower gold rewards will have.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Game Server is back up.

3. Taylor

Taylor I need me some PIE!

You cannot complain because there are that many problems as of present that any fixes are a positive. A whole lot more than what soe have done. Besides; that's the whole point of an "estimate" they can't give an exact time because once the server is down they may come across a few more issues/obstacles.

4. Sesaine

Sesaine The King of Potatoes

so now the extended set box cost more gold to buy than before

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You have a very valid point. My experience working in customer facing IT is to under promise, over deliver. If you think an outage will take a half hour, give yourself a full hour. That way if it takes 45 minutes, your users are happy that you're done early instead of upset that you took too long.

6. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

So we now get less gold by playing, and boxes cost more gold to buy... awesome changes there #noway

7. crisian

crisian Member

So, you say Extended Set boxes are ~40% cheaper but what you really mean is $$$ purchases got cheaper while gold prices for the same box went up AND gold acquisition went down. nice bait and switch tactic..starting to recognize an old trend here. shoulda known things were looking too good to be true. shame on ya'all for this.

anahuac1 likes this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Wait until you play and see what changes were made to gaining gold. From the patch notes it sounded as if they were fixing a loophole that was allowing some users to farm gold to the point that they were hitting the daily gold limit relatively quickly. From what I remember, the gold cap is 10k or 15k, which would result in players getting a new box of extended every few days.

I'm a more casual player, I play mostly the dailies and a couple single player games when I play. I figure I average 1500 gold per day that I play, so I've gone from 18.6 days to earn a box to 20.6 days to earn a box. I don't view that as a horrible change.

Basically boxes have gone from "Buy 8 packs and get 2 free, plus a guaranteed exotic" to "Buy 9 packs and get 1 free, plus a guaranteed exotic"

9. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I don't understand how it is that many of you think that it is in any way sustainable for a company that relies on making money to give stuff away. The userbase is still quite small, so the potential revenue stream, even if maxed out is limited. DOG cannot simply give things away, they HAVE to make some money. The fact that they are paying attention to BOTH revenue AND user input is amazing in and of itself... relax, trade, farm, or ... pay.

Arzachi, Onifrk, Goyo and 2 others like this.
  10. Ghortagg

Ghortagg New Member

Before patch daily=400g
    After patcg daily= 350g
    can live with that

11. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

So if we already own the Avatars, are we going to be able to get the warbanners? If we already own warbanners, will we obtain a second copy?

12. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Great changes to the market!

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Stop. Crying. Right bloody now.

Onifrk and DarkJello like this.
  14. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

ALL credit prices were drastically reduced. A few gold prices went slightly up, a few others went slightly down. Gold reward adjustments were fairly small in a lot of cases and we're open to adjusting them some more, based on feedback and other data we're reviewing on a daily basis. If you want to characterize that as bait and switch, that's your prerogative, but I don't think it's accurate and I'd ask you to give it a few days and see if it's really as bad as you think.

DarkJello likes this.
  15. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

What happens when you try to delete the theme deck? That bug should've been fixed a couple of patches ago (and was for a lot of players).

16. Dnarius

Dnarius New Member

I really like how they changed the prices on the deck packs and boxes. Even if gold acquisition went down that doesn't bug me for the simple fact that if they left gold the same they would still be losing out a whole bunch of money. What people don't realize is that there are less than 500 people that play this game so it is an extreme niche economy they have to deal with. If they left everything gold wise the same or lowered it then everybody would just use gold and not pay which would equal little to no revenue. So please suck it up and deal with it! They lowered the prices for cash which is what the majority of us wanted so don't just keep jumping onto a different complaint bandwagon or else they will turn into SOE.......On a side note it would be nice if they looked at who all made cash transaction before they lowered their over inflated prices and at least send us a little pack as a thank you....don't have to would just be nice lol. Love what you are doing so far OWL keep it up.

theKraken, Goyo and DarkJello like this.
  17. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

The problem as an older player is this:
    Most cards in a deck consists of Rare, Exotics or Legendarys. Else you cannot compete on the high levels.
    Accisition of those cards got much harder due to the spread. Deepen that buy dividing cards in shoebox cards (even exos and LE can be really terrible). Their trade worth is minimal AND the supply got down.

All the while newer players cannot buy cards they need from the core decks but as shards from there a generated at 50%.
    The new conversition system is nice but at the end it is slightly worse then the old system (gold cost wise).

At the end it means the spread between new players and old players will stay.
    And to extend "farming" - which is a shore when do efficently to get cards to be able to play cometifly is just a bad concept.

I can either trade with a tradeshark (none are running good atm, stability AND itemwise) or with players (the trade interface is horrible) or spam the char for trade ... none of them are good options.
    So you need to trade 1:5 of your cards of a kind to a specific card.

Or to call it so: you need 10 (!) boxes = 100 booster to build ONE specific deck, if you are drawlucky maybe 8.
    In your time thats 200 days. 2/3 of a year without pause.
    Not counting the 2-4 expansions that come out in that time that shift the meta gaming in ranked.

And the reason for this are a few players that earn to much gold a day. A few. Dragging down the rest.
    That is not okey. Set down the gold limit to 10k a day, and keep the old rewards.

Right now its baiting out money, it's like the name changed, but not the buisniss model.

@OWL: I allready OWN all 8 faction shirnes, but missing 2 of the 8 relics. Is it a) possible to get them or b) if i buy the 2 shrines i allready have to get the relic? Does this work?

edit:
    @Dnarius:
    You need to bind customers in a a niche market. To high pricess are bad (they changed that). And the 2nd core component are easy accesibility for newcomers (that are done well).
    the 3rd point is the transition from a "new player" to a long term player ... and there is work to be done. The shard system allone is a good start, but trading 5:1 of one kind of card to get a card you want/need is nice for ONE deck, but it destroys 5 cards for other deck possibilitys.

Sincerly a little annoyed potentioal customer

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  18. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Just did my two dailies:

Gold before patch: 1.050
    Gold after patch: 750

That's almost a -30 % nerf... Of course we all can live with that (for God's sake!), but don't tell me its just a minor reduction

19. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

But its closer to the old SoE payout but still above it so its still a pretty generous amount of gold.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That is one difference between us, I wouldn't expect to be able to continue to play a game completely free and compete at the top ranks of the game. I purchased my share of packs, back in 2007 when Octopi owned Pox. I don't think I've even purchased a pack for cash since credits were taken out of the trader.

I am the kind of player that DoG wants to keep around from a community aspect since I am active in the forums. They also want me around for the times that I'll go in the Training Grounds and help out new players.