What if The Ronin is a total dud set?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by kagebunshn, Jan 5, 2015.

1. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

After the revamp....then the long steady stream of like 90% of changes being nerfs...and the #Coming Soon fail...I am a little apprehensive about the incomming new set. Do we even know how big the set is supposed to be? We're getting most likely 4-5 new runes for KF...what are the odds that we even get anything good.

I see the odds of our runes getting 'pre-nerfed' before they even get out of the gate because of our current dominance. Which is kinda ironic since KF was a bottom tier faction for pretty much forever.

Even if they aren't total crap, my gut tells me that the support we get will be Fairy focused which makes me sad. Please please let it be Elf/Beast centric!

It kinda feels like this set is going to be Make or Break for the game.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Pretty much every faction gets at least 1 rune that makes it into some sort of BG.

I'm pretty sure KF or IS is getting some Angel champions.

As for KF being the bottom tier faction? trololol

SaintKiwi, OchiK and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Saegen

Saegen Well-Known Member

"The actual spread is 3 Commons, 2 Uncommons, 2 Rares and 1 Exotic per faction" From sokolov's statement in GD so 8 runes/faction

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I'd be interested in learning about the non-champ runes. There are bound to be some champion duds but if the non-champ runes are decent that can change every deck.

5. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

This upcoming expansion is the last 2 SOE expansions combined into one uber expansion. Saegen is probably right about the 8 rune thing but don't worry about pre-nerfing. These runes have already been tinkered into hopefully fitting into the new balance, and since it's Sokolov doing this and not gedden it's a high chance they won't be outrageously OP or really bad/shoeboxed.

And from what I have been told, the focus isn't fairy. Only factions with a huge focus in this expansion I believe are firk and cyclops.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I wouldn't be surprised if Constructs were a major focus too.

Skullferno likes this.
  7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Not being faries just made my day. I really dont care what else it is, just not a fan of the whole fairy thing.

Skullferno likes this.
  8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

So far from what I've seen the champions being released are highly unique/interesting. Should be good :).

WhatTheHex, Xirone and xezno like this.
  9. Skullferno

I like fairies for the main reason of how....well sortav ******** they are. They don't listen, they play tricks, and they fight spirits!(which is super cool that they are the spiritual world protectors of the forest too and I would love an expansion focused on fairies and Snaptooths fighting Utterdark) but they also have really cool things too. Faegaurd Nullbeast is probably my favorite KF beast just cause look at it. It's a giant mantis that can eat magic and protect the fairy kin. What if they had a dragon? Or magic golems? Or something crazy like that

xezno, DarkJello and Xirone like this.
  10. kagebunshn

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a fan of KF. But I don't think it was very strong back when I originally played. Later ,when AoRs, Enforcers. and beach balls were in fashion it was pretty dang good though. But I wasn't around for that time period. I came back later when all 3 of those runes had become unobtainable.

I'm cheered up to hear that others don't think it will be Faeries. 3/2/2/1 per faction actually sounds decent. I knew it was the last of the art and runes that had already been developed by SOE. Would be dumb if they didn't use art that was already bought and paid for. Also interesting to hear that Soko is designing these runes? I thought everything had to have a Gedden stamp of approval. He's alright and all that, I just don't seem to agree with his 'vision' when it comes to rune design so far.

I hope that really nice piece of art with the cloaked figure is a KF archer/ranger.

There may yet be hope!

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

1. Yes, this is the last "remaining expansion" from SOE
    2. Though funnily enough, I did a number of these designs originally myself
      • Many have been tweaked at this point for the current game state tho
      • Also, I've been involved with Pox on some level since Drums of War, so I assume there's some crossover between what I've designed and what you might like, kage :)
    3. There are Fae in the expansion
      • Because they were the "focus" of this expansion block's storyline, with their prophet Amareth's predictions coming to fruition regarding the events that begun with Endless Wonder
      • But there are more Elves, because they are searching for Menalaus, who disappeared along with the other Heroes when Zeven accidentally re-triggered the defenses of the old Cyclops Empire (which has gone haywire sitting around for so long)
    4. Yes, we are trying out 2 rares this expansion, so it is 3/2/2/1

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Or how many legendaries there will be?

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

FAE i really hope its a melee champ we don't need another range champ only 2 fae champs are melee
    PSSH UD has always been the worst faction for expansions i mean seriously they tried to trick us by making ctharia UD/FS split QQ

14. xezno

Well when you put fairies in that perspective, they do sound more tempting. However all I see when I play them are a bunch of weak flying units that die or become super vulnerable after one hit. I will try and keep your perspective the next time I try them out boss.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Also, this thread is a prime example of the "design problem" with content based games. Players simultaneously want new content to be good while old content to not be powercreeped out. It's a difficult balance to walk :D

WhatTheHex likes this.
  16. xezno

Simple fix to this:
    Do this for every player and there will be no issues. It is just that simple.

17. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

It's like the devs don't even try.

Sokolov likes this.
  18. xezno

Exactly, if they would just poll every pox member and implement the changes each member asked for, there would be no more issues. The community always knows best! Come on devs, get with it! Such slackers....

DarkJello and OchiK like this.
  19. Skullferno

If the fairy get Corgi mounts I expect the firk to get a Cthulu based hero in the future just saying....

20. kagebunshn

Ohh thanks for chiming in Sokolov.

HA! I knew it would be Faeries....otherwise why bother focusing so much on them in the last big patch.

When DoG first took over they said the revamp was partly because of their desire to curb powercreep. A lot of people were complaining about SOEs rapid Pcreep issues. I remember posting a response to them that 'of course' there would be some powercreep...if new stuff isn't improved, there is no reason to buy it. Business 101.

Then again, MtG has had a lot of success with the Standard format, where 95% of new cards totally suck, and people still crack boxes to get 1 or 2 cards out of 300+ card sets.

21. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Its funny because the people complain about powercreep the most are the ones who abuses it the most by making ridiculous gibs bg

Karmavore likes this.