DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Literally stop reading there, and won't bother trying to go further than that. The rarity = power horse have been beaten to dead, undead and beyond, people should stop telling this over and over.

DarkJello and Nemorga like this.
  2. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Even if Rarity was equal to power, Rares are super easy to get, Exotics are slightly more difficult to get, and Legendaries are still not that hard to find. Any number of different sites have trading options or single rune buying options... But ...

1) Rarity is not power. One of the best runes in my current battlegroups is an uncommon.
    2) You cannot expect any game to survive based on "give me free stuff" - that game will disappear fast.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

I'll look into this. That's definitely a bug.

4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

We've been through this rarity = power thing. It's not a thing.

Also, did some math and comparisons - the new Owl prices are pretty nice. Thanks for listening to us! :p

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

No one is saying that rarity=power. HOWEVER you can't deny the fact that goodstuff decks exist, and that they are mainly (by no means completely let me stress that no one is saying this) filled with exotics and LEs.

Rarity IMPLIES power (rarity is not power). Your super cool 150k rune is going to look a whole lot neater than my dumb little dorf (visuals have nothing to do with power). Moreso, rarity is associated with powerful runes. There are plenty of sucky legendaries(because rarity is not power), and awful exotics, and there are just as many obscene commons. (I'm looking at you Crusader.) When looked at in a nutshell though, seeing the fancy runes end you, and a deck full of them, is really demoralizing. It looks like those who have more LEs and exotics have more powerful runes, and thus a better deck. (Not the issue but stick with me here.)

The issue is there are a lot of all-around powerhouse runes that are meant to be centerpieces, but when a deck is filled to the brim with them, they just look OP. This is the goodstuff deck.(which includes powerful runes, not necessarily rare ones) They're runes that lack weaknesses, or require a paradigm shift in your style to deal with. When too many of these are out at once, it becomes overwhelming. The request from the people who claim (though are wrong) that rarity=power is for the runes that comprise goodstuff bgs to be reduced or limited in power. (rarity=power NOPE) We all want that superchamp that demands answers, but playing against 20 of them just isn't fun for anyone else.

6. Dnarius

Dnarius New Member

@Dnarius:
    You need to bind customers in a a niche market. To high pricess are bad (they changed that). And the 2nd core component are easy accesibility for newcomers (that are done well).
    the 3rd point is the transition from a "new player" to a long term player ... and there is work to be done. The shard system allone is a good start, but trading 5:1 of one kind of card to get a card you want/need is nice for ONE deck, but it destroys 5 cards for other deck possibilitys.

So overall you prove my point. They are already doing things well and so people need to stop jumping on a different bandwagon to start complaining. As far as your complaint on the third point of interest you are just wanting to make it super easy for people to get good cards without having to put in much effort. The point of the forge isn't to do that, the forge is there so that if you have excess amount of cards you can shred them and use it as a *CARD BUILDING*. For example, I bought one Bonds of War Box, now in that box I happened to get the same cards 4-5 times, So now I can go through and get rid of those excess cards if I want to that way I can get shards to make a whole new card. You are looking at the forge as a *DECK BUILDING* tool when it isn't because as your math proves that just isn't feasible or cost effective......unless you are a veteran whale like me......

7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Paper Skull So what you're saying is to remove rarity borders as a solution to remove appearance bias?

8. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

@Emries No, I'm saying that there is a different issue that does exist, whereas the rarity=power issue doesn't.

I don't know how to fix it, I'm just trying to clarify what others are saying.

9. Kvothe

Kvothe New Member

I love you owls.
    Gonna go drop cash on the bonds of war boxes till I get that Ctharia.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Love the avatar/banner combo but the obvious question is "I bought all avatars with gold last week, what can I do to get banners now?"

Kvothe likes this.
  11. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Any news about possible "bulk sacrifice" options and the like for the Rune Forge? Thx ;)

Onifrk likes this.
  12. symbolist

symbolist New Member

Why is CP still a gold sink when we could just incorporate more tokens into packs or make tokens cheap enough to at least cp a deck with 3000 gold?

I feel like this is really really lame. It demotivates me from even playing my deck against other people. (pff but the great part is... I have to play bad, unleveled decks against level 99 players just to get gold/level them up - talk about Stockholm syndrome. Great way to get new players in the game DoG)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  13. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

@Darklord: I don't expect to play "for free and compete on high". Even thought that would be nice, no doubt. But I expect it to be in resonable bounds.
    Reasonable as in 15 - 20$ a month and an investment at start ... lets say 40$ ... a price for a normal game.
    The problem I see is the gap between players that played for 7 years - like you - and acumulated assets over time due to a) money and b) gold c) limited editions and d) trade ... and the "settlers", which are here for half a year.
    I agree that you need to invest money and time to get on even footing, still it's hard to do in any TCG, but even harder in POX as there is no pyramid ranked (like T1, T2, extended ect. from magic f.e) .

There are also some nice starting things missing (the commons pack for each faction, or the two faction sets).
    I would comment that they need a little rework to be worth the money, still - they were nice to be around.
    As there are now not "round numbers" for purcheses, maybe go for 25 credits.

@RedDain: There is no real trade bay at my knowledge. There are some working profit ($$$) oriented trades like Poxbox (which has major problems as of late) and TCGbay. I personally prefer the former over the later due to pricing, fairness and timely delivery.

@Shimaru: You are right, I went overboard with "exos and LEs" are overpowered. Some of them are very memeroable and defining that they come to mind first. Still, there is some power creep and some old cards could need some love (rerelease).
    Have you ever seen a Forglar Jellyfish in play? Or a Glowing Slider? Crystalis?
    I might just wish for more variabilty in decks instead of "more cards" which make older cards obsolete.
    A real choice so to speak and more viable (older) cards.

Sorry that I wrote in some rage, I calmed down now :)

I still wish for a more improvements for the "middle" of the playerbase *looking at DoG* instead on focusing to much on the extremes.
    Of cause after fixing all the problems tehre are curently to work at.

Sincerly

Paper Skull likes this.
  14. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

This patch is just a bad joke. Now those who before farm campagain in order to get at least some rune to be competive in ranked. Now forced to farm campagain even more -30%gold acquire rate +10%price. Gj owl.

15. anahuac1

anahuac1 The King of Potatoes

bunch of crying babies

DarkJello likes this.
  16. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Looks like its time to grind the Cp and gold to lvl my deck ehhhh...o_O:eek:

But a patch is a patch aka...Pox is getting love :D

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  17. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Maybe for you its fun when in ranked game sit 10 same people every day and 100+ grind gold(and now those people stop pointless grind and drop or continue to grind and we never see them in ranked). For me its not fun to play against same people every day.
    P.S. After this patch. I have feeling that owl on purpose drop single player mode.

18. chaos4lex

chaos4lex New Member

If I already had 3 avatars (but no Warbanners) how can I get banners now?

19. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

They ARE saying rarity = power. Fact. And they ARE saying "goodstuff" is full of exotics and legs. Fact.

Apparently relatives of Homer Simpson like playing Pox. And that is fine. Just wish they would NOT post in forums.

The rest of your post was most groovy. You get it, but "they" still do not see or comprehend.

If a guy/gal works many tail feathers to the bone to acquire radical runes, he/she should NOT have to hide them.

20. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I was waiting for this message (patch) to make my donation. Less then 50 euros (euro > dollar) for 3 boxes!

DarkJello likes this.