Discussion: Ronin Rune Preview 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The best way to put it without laying it out is that it is... eventually 8 SPD.

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I hope not all champs are like these you.
    It's a fortune you guys still have 11 days to work on the exp.

OPnurf

3. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I don't think you should add the faction bonuses to the champions even though it is kinda relevant. I only find melee UD champs OP if they have a ranged non basic attack. However if none of his abilities are negative it does seem kinda much.

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You should always take into account the faction bonus. The reason why KF and ST are ridiculously ****ed is primarily due to the fact they are getting expensive stats for free making them undercosted in comparison to other faction units with similar stats. For example imagine if people didn't take into faction bonuses and IS got a unit with weaken spells or SL got a unit with 3 defense, tough 3 and resilient. That stuff would be nerf cried within minutes of it's release.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Alkioneus likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok bud, you know I have faith on you so I will shut up about it.
    However, I do have a problem with melee with ranged abilities and vice versa - I think that negates an incredible part of deck building and strategy. But whatever.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Poor UD champs

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

starts with -X and gets +Y per turn

im a wizard

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

As long as they have DEP I do not feel sorry for them at all.

9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Is a new person making the sprites? (No idea who did it in the past)
    The sprites have a very smooth feeling to them, possible because of a shading technique.

Joker, Goyo, Poxlife and 1 other person like this.
  10. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

or is immobile for few turns after deploy

Poxlife likes this.
  11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

While we're spoiling stuff, is it safe to assume that Purging Flame is just the renamed Cleansing Flame.

Because seriously, it should.

12. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Is deep elf a race separate from elf? Will there no longer be ud kf elf split deck synergy anymore?

13. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

It's great to see that a bunch of new abilities were added, because this game is definitely lacking in abilities. It is far too simple as is. - said no one ever

Sealer0 likes this.
  14. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I think Deep Elf was what Demon Elves was called in the past. Probably will get changed to Demon Elf. If not, it probably have something to do with the lore.

15. nitebane21

Deep elf is a thing, see Grimlic's Treachery.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah but as a race it was removed in the DoG revamp, so that preview makes no sense... unless they're bringing it back for some reason.

CONSISTENCY

17. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Race: Deepelf

Break out from the demon theme? At long last? :O

edit: yeah, I'm slow.

soulmilk likes this.
  18. nitebane21

It still kinda existed, because GT would fry elves but not deep elves. Maybe deep, elf is now just deepelf but the same thing. Or maybe its a whole new race. Who knows!

19. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Shadowrake might need race demon for it to be used by DEP. 8 speed seems super high. I look forward to reading up about statis and shadowdancer. Sound cool :)

20. nitebane21

It's pretty much the only semi-competitive theme UD has, since goblins and imps were kinda half-assed