DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I like that gold well idea.

Can I have one installed in my yard? Cause who doesn't need a well full o' gold?

2. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

Start a conversation with me on the forums and we'll see what we can work out with the Warbanners.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Would you consider adding a once-a-day roulette prize? like those on facebook games.

Prizes could be:
    30 Owls
    1x Ticket
    1x Avatar token
    1x Platinum token
    3x Gold token
    1x Gold token
    5x Bronze token
    1x Bronze token
    1000 Gold
    250 Gold
    150 Gold
    50 Gold

being bronze tokens and low gold prizes the most frequent ones..

To avoid alt account farming, the requeriment could be playing 2 ranked games or something like that.

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

The following pic sums up my opinion of the recent, mystical, changes:

[​IMG]

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I really hope you guys look into the "bg not showing" issue soon. Sucks not to be able to play with all the runes.

TheNidhogg likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

today I renamed a bg and dissapeared, I copied it and that fixed it.

7. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

This game is alrdy to much pay 2 win, and after this patch game become more pay 2 win and all what you can say Exellent job? How blind people can be?

8. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

WTG homeboys homebirds. So close to perfect, I hate to gripe about anything. Yes, the notes needed the details of the new gold reward structure; no other negatives in the patch.

I agree that the purchasable campaigns need something more in the way of reward. For example, in Legends of Norrath, the first time beating a campaign or encounter often gets both a reward LON card and an EQ or EQ2 loot card. I've always felt that the Pox campaigns need a similar kicker; an old idea, I know. Like getting an Ash the Bandit Prince the first time you beat his campaign on highest difficulty. Also in Star Chamber, beating a purchased campaign the first time got you a free booster pack.

Anyway, it's time to make my first cash purchase since the transition...forty dollar bucket of owls please, extra crispy, hold the feathers. :D
    NO, I don't want any damn fries with that...

And, NO, I don't feel sorry for those who can't afford this game. Do what I did; get an education; get a job; work your butt off for 30 years. Then you can buy whatever the hell you want.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    DarkJello likes this.
  9. Greysands22

uaChakra if you want to play this game for free and not spend any money, you can. It's called training grounds, there are pre-made BGs you can use.

If you want to buy runes, the cost just went down a lot.

If you want free runes you can earn gold and get them for free.

What exactly is your problem? That the devs aren't giving you free runes fast enough? Seriously?

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's the mentality of your average free loaders, and exhibit A why I'm strongly opposed to f2p models.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Greysands22

To be fair I liked the old TG. It gave you a chance to try the game, see if you liked it.

I mean maybe out of 100 people who played for free 10 decided to buy runes and start playing ranked.

I started small, I still don't own a lot of stuff compared to some, but I started by short selling like 4 factions to get runes in factions I wanted.

Usually got a box or two each exp, and over time I made a decent collection.

This just isn't a have it all right away kind of game. That's part of the appeal.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. DarkJello

How blind can "people" be sir?

I believe in evolution. I believe in helping people. I do NOT believe in the "right" to freeloading.

A picture should help convey my feelings:

upload_2014-3-18_22-59-7.jpeg

This just is NOT a have it all right away kind of universe. Welcome to reality. (Directed at everyone).

If I saw this dude on the street, I would help him out because of uber style points.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  13. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

There are currently 0 people in training grounds, and I think it has been like that for most of the day? Let's be fair, this is a shitty time to be a beginner at Pox Nora (and with beginner I mean anybody who hasn't spent hundreds of dollars or played intensively for at least half a year or so, which is a bit crazy to begin with).

Any beginners who stick around right now (the whole... two? of them) are putting up with a lot, so let's try to be a little understanding, even if they come across as grumpy or whiny... If they wanted the easy option, there is really no conceivable reason why they would put up with this game right now.

Saka and uaChakra like this.
  14. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

I spend around 500$ for this game
    I dont want runes i have plenty of them for comfort play.
    I dont want runes i have plenty of them for comfort play.
    As i see you never playing other game than PoxNora mister. PoxNora is MMO/TCG do you know what MMO is? Il be captain obvious and translate it for you , it is Masively Multiplayer Online. 90% of player spend time in repetable grinding campagain. Than why it is even Online game? Isnt better to make it single player and farm like a zombie? I SAY ALRDY LIKE 3-4 TIMES BEFORE( IT IS WITH CAPS SO , PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND) to be competive in poxnora you need at least 6 Boxes. There is tons of mmo what people can play? And i believe than is no one in one's right mind dont spend 100$ just to try what games like in pvp. There is TONS of game free or 5-10 times cheaper with more online. I understand that all of comunity glad for decreasing price with real cash ( and i use it to buy few box myself ). But can you understand that before patch is was hard to be a newcomer here. And now its 45% harder. This game in need of newcomer. Why do it not success on steam? Because no one is going to spend tons of cash just for try what it is like? And dont say about trash free decks? complete any campagain/Daily scrimish 10 times easier with 2x Crusader than with whole free deck.
    And answer to question what is my problem? I am asking devs make this game more friendly to new player ( because i rly love this game ). But right now i have NO FUN AT ALL , 10 people online in ranked play and this is same people every day? Do u find it funny? To play against same 10 People in game that is called MMO!?.

15. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

And its not only bad for begginers. Now Those who even try to play this game just drop it and not going to return. PoxNora losing player from a very little community that we have ATM. This is very sad.
    But as i see all HAPPY new patch bring them cheaper price and who cares about other.
    This patch need a moto : Everything is Amazing but nobody happy.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  16. Greysands22

You guys need to lay off the doom and gloom.

You know we aren't even close to what would be considered a re-launch right? This is like beta.

There are still so may changes coming and a lot of decisions are going to have to be made.

You make it sound like you need to buy 6 boxes to have fun, and how are you going to grind 191,000 gold to get 6 boxes.

You can buy a single box. You can earn enough gold for a second. You can trade and use the rune pools. Then next expansion you can buy another box if you want.

I mean you aren't going to do very well in ranked as a new player no matter what runes you have. That's the idea of having a training grounds.

You can read this post I made about it if you want.

17. DarkJello

Is there an ignore feature for the forums???

I have only ever "ignored" 1 player in all my years of gaming. And now I am ready to add a 2nd.

18. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Gold prices in Owl is worse than on SOE and now they even worse ( to be correct 45%). To use rune pools u need bid something. And mostly u need to bid 2-3 runes to get 1. Because trash rune is overstoked in rune pool and usable always in low amount.
    Yeah this is some kind of beta. And this is disscusion about new patch and i SAY WHAT I THINK. Why do you complain about what im saying? My first post in this thread was to devs and they now answer to it. Because they answer only to those question that is good for them. This is how thing works. You happy about new patch and you say it, im not happy and im saying it. But why do you complain with what i am saying? If you happy and it is okay for you with new patch than just play it and dont argue with me? Because my complaining to new patch dont touching prices with real cash.

19. Greysands22

Pretty sure it started with you saying:

Look obviously you are entitled to your opinion. Just try and be a little more patient and open minded with the changes because there is going to be a LOT more of them coming.

Zenity likes this.
  20. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Sage who played 150 games , think he is know more than any other people about this game and about what is Better/Worse for it.