Pit dragon should be nerfed

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by haiden, Mar 18, 2014.

1. haiden

haiden Member

pit dragon is oped...
    18 atk 61 hp blood frenzy and colossal as base + he can learn roar of the fallen....
    Just for 79 nora...
    Thats so fken oped.
    I suggest that we remove colossal from him .., or at least remove it from base to an upgrade...

2. Monroid

Monroid I need me some PIE!

Wait, Pit Dragon has colossal?! Why doesn't my Draksar Shifter get colossal when he shifts into Pit Dragon? BUFF DRAKSAR SHIFTER!

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

If you put Colossal to upgrades that could situationally help. Several factions have ways to remove upgrades (Crown of Petals, Confuse)

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Pit dragon should be the most simple champ ever: Stats, attack and colossal.

5. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Main suggestion:

Colossal removed from Base
    Rend 2 removed from Upgrades
    Scale Armor added to Upgrades

Nora to 82 (maybe)

Scale Armor would probably fit a little more suitably since he is a Dragon after all. Then again, Colossal has never seemed too balanced to me. Certain themes have far less availability to 2x2 units. Putting Scale Armor as an upgrade puts the upgrade decisions at a crossroads with Res: Magic 2, Roar of the Fallen, and Scale Armor.

6. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Not to mention that on the majority of maps, 2x2 is a big liability and means some of your guys aren't advancing much further than your 1st font.

7. TheNidhogg

If only there were some way to relocate these champions.. but that sounds too strong. Perhaps it should be tied to race?

8. nitebane21

Yes, because every faction has tons of "relocate 2x2 fatty around stupid rock/bush/narrow spot" options! Fill your bg with 2x2 champs and colossal is no longer an issue, problem solved!

9. TheNidhogg

I was referring to Deep Elf Priestess moving around Pit Dragon but ok

10. nitebane21

Yes, I realize that. I was stating another reason why Colossal in general seems unbalanced. In other words, supporting ArcherAxe's statement. I wasn't defending why the pit dragon is a-ok because being 2x2 is such a huge hindrance.

11. TheNidhogg

Yep I gotcha

12. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Supported. It's a lot for 79 nora. I had no idea they gave Colossal to him. It counters one of the only downsides to being 2x2 (being swarmed by little things), and with Beckon, the only other downside to being 2x2 becomes a non-issue, as well. The idea to replace it with Scale Armor sounds fine, really.