which witch is which bg advice

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TheBulwark, Nov 13, 2014.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

This is my witch bg:
    Elsari coven.jpg

Witching hour/hourglass is really good with at least 3 witches on field,i really like the whole theme with debuffs and everything.

3. TheBulwark

Can you post it with poxbase so i can see all the runes, also has anyone tried bokors?

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

haven't tried bokors yet. They seem pricey along with the other witch Legendaries.
    Would like to see him go to range 1 and have his resistance magical go to damage shield instead.
    I mean, he has a cutlass not a pistol. If needed curse.

5. Netherzen

6. TheBulwark

Thanks, those spells seem nice, i was using a traditional spell set but i think ill try those. Got one bokor, he seems solid over inkblight and less expensive. Hey Yobanchi, can you post your deck too so i can see some comparisons?

7. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

As long as we have a Witch thread, I'd like some confirmation on this issue. Elsari Coven doesn't seem to be working as described.

Ability states that it applies one round of Curse for every Witch you control, implying that you only need one Coven unit out to start taking advantage of it (as it should be, I think). This seems to be how it works when an enemy is deployed, but entering a DMZ doesn't apply nearly the same amount - I was seeing Curse 8 on deploy vs. Curse 2 from DMZ.

Also, Ambush on Seductress wasn't working properly for me. They would move within 2 spaces, a visual effect would display, and the Combat Log would show a message saying that it activated, but no attack would happen and she remained stealthed. Moving directly next to her seemed to activate it properly, though.

8. yobanchi

Elsari Coven currently applies number of witches in play to deployed champions and number of units with elsari coven in play to champs entering the DMZ.

So if you have 2 EC units it should curse enemies entering DMZ for 4 turns.
    This is either WIA and the text is wrong or over site. I'm thinking its just incorrect text.

You are correct that it will only ambush if it enters into melee range for the witch.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Any chance of either of these things being changed? Ambush and DMZ counts?

10. yobanchi

I'll make it known...

TheBulwark likes this.
  11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

The ambush bug has been known ever since Myx Sandsnipe got downgraded to Sandlion.
    Now if only witches or Myx had a source of Improve Range...

12. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

I just created my own Witch BG, and do far I'm enjoying it. Incase anybody cares, I have been using a Bokor in my bg, and it's actually pretty powerful. The damage from Cursed Treasure and Soul Collector Can get pretty high. Since he's a ranged champ, you can just deal ranged damage and keep him back so he doesn't die, and when something dies, soul collector grabs the nora globe and deals ample AoE damage, which can proc limitless times per game. Do recommend.

Also, is it worth hunting down a Sarinda?

13. Netherzen

Post your bg.I am interested in seeing what others run.
    This is my current witch bg:
    witch.jpg

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

if i could make a bg of just rip witches i would.

15. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

It's literally almost the same as yours, just different.

-1 Essence Drain
    -1 Dark Seductress
    -1 Forsaken Follower
    -1 Ritual of Ashes
    -1 Haunt

+1 Tortun Bokor
    +1 Stitched Seamstress
    +1 Wretched Witch
    +1 Soulbane
    +1 Despoil