Myx Sandsnipe (Sandlion)

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by ptjimbo, Jan 16, 2015.

1. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

Can we please get the old Sandsnipe back?
    Myx needs some kind of ranged.
    In fact, they need a lot of things.
    hinthint
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[​IMG]

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

would you settle for "alpha tainted vinecreeper" or maybe "baby snog"?

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Or maybe just a way to grant them "Acid Spit", like you pay 3 nora and target myx gains acid spit (range 3-6 at 70%dmg), removed after use

4. ptjimbo

Baby Snog sounds legit.

I was thinking just make them ranged again.
    Maybe something like this.

I'd like there to be a reason behind its flavor text.
    "Get that damn bug before it burrows or we're in serious trouble!" - Inquisitor Tord

I really did enjoy having something ranged that did have has dissipate as a psuedo-handicap. Plus, I think making it ranged would be a step back towards rounding out Myx as a racial theme. Just a step though, they need just a bit more.

Anyways, when I read that flavor text I get the feeling that this little ******* is supposed to be super annoying and hard to get. But, when he is melee ranged and you have to rely heavily on having sand everywhere that intimidation and feel goes away immediately. I suppose though that his old range, 4-7, was a tad ridiculous. Especially since it was like that without any improve range buffs on him, phew, what a nasty little turd. Maybe bringing his range down from there would be a good idea. Maybe make him a 3-5 or a 3-6. I feel 3-5 would have less people complaining, #LookingIntoTheFutureThanksToBasedGods, but also allow him to have the ability to still be annoying if he gets out of hand. Which is way I am just going to choose 3-6, because I don't really care about other people's feelings. #Autism. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Below I am going to have what I think our little friend here should be like.
    Took rune layout from @Xirone , well done m8. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Warning: Nora costs I am not 100% on when it comes to ranged champs but yeah, I think it looks m'kay.
    Myx Sandsnipe
    Faction: Sundered Lands | Rarity: Common
    Race: Myx | Class: Rogue | Size: Small (1x1)
    Artwork:
    [​IMG]

Flavor Text: "Get that damn bug before it burrows or we're in serious trouble!" - Inquisitor Tord
    Nora Cost: 81-88

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 3-6 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44

Base Abilities
    Attack Acid (+0 Nora)- This unit makes an Acid attack at it's range. This is a basic attack.
    Brood Bond (+2 Nora)- Friendly Myx Pupae hatch 1 turn faster (to a minimum of 2 turns) while this unit is in play.

Upgrade Path 1
    Blindfire (+15 Nora)- When an enemy champion within this units range makes a successful ranged attack against a champion, this champion makes a ranged combat attack against that champion for free.
    Multiattack 2 (+10 Nora)- This champion's AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 2 AP.

Upgrade Path 2
    Desert Camouflage (+2 Nora)- While this unit is damage by a ranged attack while it is occupying Sand, that damage is reduced by 2.
    Domain: Sand (+4 Nora)- This unit gains +2 DMG, +1 DEF, and mobility while occupying Sand.
    Hidden: Sand (+3 Nora)- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Sand, it becomes stealthed. Otherwise, it loses stealthed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    OriginalG1 likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Myx are garbage now

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

So basically a better spitter?

7. ptjimbo

Lore wise, it would make sense. According to the spitter's flavor text it is a premature sandsnipe. I was thinking about making the spitter what the sandlion is.

They are, and they are cool. Which makes the whole situation sad. Sad unknown member is sad.

8. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

This was for a very long period of time my most feared rune to see my opponent deploy. Just don't make it so omg op again. I understand having runes for my factions I miss playing cause the got hit to hard. So please bring him back gracefully lol

9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Differentiating him from myx spitter and dropping stealth + strong range harrass would go a long way. Scour + stealth + range is a combination that would beg for nerfs.

10. ptjimbo

Edited up the Myx Sandsnipe a bit.

-------------------------------
    -Figured dropping stealth would be okay since it would have Hidden: Sand.
    -Got rid of scour, because there are enough champions within the Myx that have it.
    -Moved Domain: Sand down into the upgrade path 2.
    -Added Blindfire to upgrade path 1.
    -Fixed what I had put down for Multiattack, instead of nora cost for rank 1 it is now properly rank 2's nora cost.
    ------------------------------

I think I like, and others might like, the way he is done now because his first upgrade path has 2 different offensive capabilities that change up how he can be played a little. His second upgrade path looks nice, to me, giving you different options defensively, while still giving some assistance to it's offensive capabilities, etc.

I think I am also going to rework the spitter, so that it is not just a bad version of the sandsnipe.