Fairy bg

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by greenman13, Jan 21, 2015.

1. greenman13

greenman13 The King of Potatoes

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

change carnivorous vines with living vines

3. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Needs a Fae Advocate maybe in place of oracle. I would also remove Stellar Horizion and replace it with living vines but keep carnivorous vines. Still trying to work of fae for myself but it looks pretty good from my noob perspective.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Starlight Sylph and A. Lexicon have got to work well together!

5. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

6. greenman13

Honestly I find that oracle is better then advocate she has a lot more in her kit and fae need all the damage they can get

7. greenman13

8. greenman13

that would be nice if vines were not bugged atm

9. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

A pure theme is hard to pull off because they lack good tanks/melee that are fae.

What's bugged about it? I know that teleport from dimension door doesn't trigger vines, but haven't checked all other things yet.

10. greenman13

when they use a spell to relocate or ability to relocate such as pounce or leap they do not lose 5 hp

11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

"Illuminati" is a work in progress. Too early to share. Beware of the fairies!!

12. xezno

My current Fae deck "Handle with Care":
    http://poxbase.com/deck/CfmCgbClyChzCgmcic5DCgTCgnc9ls7s4ys1as4Ks2tsLr3ur2YrUr4e31e1PeM

After playing with advocate a few games, I found myself annoyed with Bubble so I took her out. Bubble should only cost 1-2 ap, it has a cooldown after all. I did like her swap/flash bomb combo but she is sidelined for now. Conclave Warden needs more HP. I would happily take the added nora cost for 10 more HP. Book Burn on her is super nice. (Bubble costing less AP would solve both problems)

Any advice would be great. I feel lost on best first deploy options since anything that doesnt die in one hit is slow or low dmg.

Also how do survive on a small map with fae?

13. DarkJello

@xezno Chained Fae x1 max. And even then don't just auto deploy cause it slows down the early game. So I am not 100% convinced on running x1. Nullbeasts are questionable, although that is probably my bias against non-sexy phaTies. Bloomwalkers don't seem worth the nora. I never see Hunter's Charm run. Bridge to Nowhere is aptly named. Cool fo sho, but not worth a spot. Rascal is tricksy, but dies from 2 sneezes so x1 max.

Add a 2nd Nectar Fairy and a 2nd Crown of Petals. Sprinkle in some other Fairy champs. Aurora Lancer synergizes VERY nicely with many fairies. Dude is tops, and your BG needs a few more melee options. Perchance another AoE, instead of that dropped Chained Fae. Questions on my opinions? :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    xezno likes this.
  14. xezno

I am honestly running two preordained just to have 28 runes to wait one being revealed. I agree about Nullbeasts, they are kind of lame until late game. I LOVE Bloomwalkers.

15. DarkJello

@xezno I just finished my thoughts, stupid phone was acting like a Moga.

16. xezno

I agree that Aurora Lancer would work well but honestly if I am running him I will just stay with my meta. I don't understand the point of themes vs meta if you bring the meta in. Why run the theme? Have you ever watched karma play? He uses hunter's charm in almost every deck he makes (hope I wasn't suppose to keep that quite, I am drunk right now). The bridge I threw in because it looks so good on paper but it does suck everytime I use it. I love rascal and he is 9 nora less WITH shadowspawn base now and stealth. AMAZING! I had a second crown but took it out for fern because I love fern. I dont know what to lose for a second :( Also with bloomwalker's bombs I am hoping I can get by without a second nectar fairy.

So two chained fae is a bad idea even though I am using them just to reveal the rest of the deck faster? My first game with fae, the only champ I had show was chained fae so that is why I added a second. Increase odds of getting a real champ.

17. DarkJello

Aurora Lancers are a wonderful fit, with all the Blind and Illuminate you are running and this BG needs more melee. It is more synergistic here than a pure "meta kids" BG. If professors learn of this, they will question your dedication to science. ;)

The odds of not drawing a champ to capture fonts is very low with Chained plus 15 others. Run a different Fairy instead if u like. More than 1 Chained is a wasted space, IMO. If Hunter's Charm works for u, run it. I am picky about my slots. And such. xD

18. xezno

Fine I am taking out a chained fae and bridge and adding a second crown and Aurora but if I don't draw a champ first turn, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! :)

DarkJello likes this.
  19. DarkJello

Laws of probability and such, so VERY rarely u won't get a champ--that can capture fonts--1st turn. Give it at least a few hundreds games before tracking me down like vermin. <3

I will have to reconsider Bloomwalker, based on u crushing. Can the relic be placed and then self destruct the same turn?

What upgrades do u prefer? We gonna go deeper now.

@Karmavore @Xirone @HalfGodBro @Gorebucket @polltroy
    Vet KFers need to chime in on all this Fairy action. Wisdom is desired.

20. xezno

It is 0ap, so deploy, drop, self-destruct = AoE2 6 heal/damage + distract. Havent spent any token on her so just default for now but I think 62 is the perfect price for her once I have her leveled.

I would also love to hear the consensus on fae!