Dispel and Cleanse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

In KF Flamemage of the Circle has cleansing flame.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Dammit so ST is the only one without it?
    @Sokolov , I will leave this to your hands.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

NOW I WILL BE ST ZEALOT IF I GIVE YOU DISPEL

Poxlife, mortal ix, DarkJello and 7 others like this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Buff ST plz. Give Amp frost back to Icewisp or Icecasters or Elementalist.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I agree don't be a zealot. Put it on a sucky unrunnable rune so they can't say anything. Pede gets his rune but no one will run it. Everyone is happy!

6. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

So the freeze bug it is then. sok make it happen.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I know Jakei Maiden needs Stun taken off. Why not kill two birds with one stone and give replace Stun with Dispelling Attack. ST would then have access to Dispel but it would be incredibly difficult to use.

Come on, Sok, troll ST by doing this!

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  8. Sokolov

Death Nova: Dispel

Poxlife, claydude5, DarkJello and 9 others like this.
  9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Unfixable bug: grants invulnerability to nearest enemy champion.

10. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I have a problem until something like Purge exist.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hey, I already got my rune that no one runs (see Jakei Warfoot). :(
    @All you guys trolling: no matter which rune its in, even Maiden with Dispelling Attacks, it will be called OP so its all good.
    For real, though, Sok, make it happen (please), even if its in the form of a crappy rune, I dont care. Just having it in the faction is enough. Sure sucks to be the only one left without it.

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

poor heal self =(

was supposed to be part of a heal train with empathize, and now with all the other heal sources we are getting you'd think it would catch on but it doesn't =(

13. calisk

not everything needs to be for pvp, maybe pve guys like ot have fun with empathy and healing hands ^^

14. calisk

st has had dispel so many times i've lost count for some stupid reason it keeps getting taken off every time we get a new designer.

the st angel was the first instance and that was years ago.

15. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

• Forced Evolution (FS Spell) - Cannot be Dispel/Cleanse
    • Blood of the swamp (FS Spell) - Cannot be Dispel/Cleanse (note: the spell said it should be hidden until trigger but it is not [More note: it does not show animation or say anything in the log but the ability will be display on both players' end])
    • Grow (Ability From Aspect of Growth) - Cannot be Dispel/Cleanse
    • Intensify (Ability) - Cannot be Dispel
    • Soul Siphon (Ability) - HP and dmg boost cannot be dispel
    • Mirefolk Transcendence (Ability) - the granted Attack: Magical on any champion could not be dispel
    • Adaption (Ability) - Any abilities gain from this cannot be dispel

Personal recommendation: Any condition that should not be Dispel/Cleanse should have "Gain X permanently", if the condition was meant not to be dispel/cleanse for the duration, it should have "This Effect cannot be Dispel/Cleanse"

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  16. Sokolov

Yea, absolutely. If it seems like it should be removable, but isn't, it needs to say so.

So the problem here is that no one has paid attention to this side of the game for a long time, and when the game launched there was no Dispel and very little Cleanse. So it just hasn't been an issue and a lot of older stuff don't conform to the rules I outlined.

17. Sokolov

These 2 should be permanent (even tho they would otherwise seem like they can be removed), I'll have the descriptions updated.

The rest are certainly ones that should be removable.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It was my understanding that:

If it was Hidden before Trigger you can dispel, but only if it did not trigger yet.
    If it was a status effect you can dispel.
    If the rune gave an ability, then it can not be dispelled.
    If an ability doesn't have a counter AKA Soul Siphon, then it can not be dispelled because it is not under an effect.

Yeah there are exceptions, but this was my understanding for the majority of how dispel worked.

19. Sokolov

It's more like it depends on who coded it and what other effect it was copied from.

20. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

• Reflesh - cannot be dispel/cleanse, those unit will still lose their "Boon of the Undead" after cleanse/dispel
    • Touch of the death - cannot be dispel/cleanse
    • Incorporeal (status granted by different sources excluding ghost) - Incorporeal gained by following abilities could not be dispel abilities:"Vaporize" "Phase Shift" "Ethereal" (did not test AA)
    • Vampirism (Spell) - cannot be dispel, Life siphon remains
    • Grace of the dead (ability)- buff cannot be dispel and therefore it will still heal
    • KF's Font bonus (out of font) - It removed the buff on the bottom but mobility remains.
    • Leech Vitality (ability) - needs to say gains HP permanently

21. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Dispell much better than clense? You can dispel your own champs or your opponents champs. Cleanse only works on friendly champs right?

We could update the abilities to one category and even them out since every faction now has access to it. Call it Disnse? That way wrath factions wont have the unbalancing advantage of being able to do both friend and foe while the poor prot factions can only clense friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.