Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Stun is quite a different beast than Pacify. Paralyze suggestion is decent, chief.

2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Why remove bound abilities? I always thought they were a unique, interesting debility and the large nora decrease the bound provided was appropriate. Sure it makes for a cheap rune, but getting it 1st draw or having your opponent get the rune if you don't meet the reqs is a big liability.

And why the removal of recycle? A super cheap equip removal option that has the downside of giving your opponent some nora back always seemed like an ok ability to me.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'll go ahead and guess it's because it doesn't say "target enemy champion" in the ability description.

4. nitebane21

Ah, yeah I could see that being a loophole. Just make it 50% to user of ability and 50% to opponent. Then even if you recycle your own eq, your opponent gets some nora.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If both players get the same no matter what it is targeting... why have it at all? What's wrong with Shatter?

6. nitebane21

Because getting rid of an equip with the tradeoff of giving your opponent nora is unique. It gives it purpose for your own eq on your champs, opponent's eq on your champs or opponent's eq on their champs. It allows for strategy, whereas shatter is just straight equip destruction. If recycle wasn't 3 CD, 3 AP like Shatter and was instead 2 CD, 2AP (and less nora) then it'd be a shatter alternative rather than just a shitty version of shatter.

7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I would rather recycle go away all together if it loses the full refund it can provide now. I would rather just have shatter and one less ability to remember than one that is just a slight variation. It seems like a VARY different ability than shatter in its current form. At least to me. Also this would be a nerf to Elven Artisan that many would like to see (not I but many others).

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could we get a rough idea on what those numbers might look like for the FW bonus? Particularly the faction-bonus-related CDR.

9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Consider ranks for Reveal Race, revealing 1 champion that shares a race per rank.

Think of it as a race exclusive / theme endorsing version of Scry. :)

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

so many stuff to read on my free time, thanks for the crate, sok.

12. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Kthun: He cannot use gift of ironwood at some saplings -- and young saplings dont "grow" into saplings at any point. Either addition would be cool, otherwise K'thun seems pretty silly, maybe he could regain mythical/unique as a check.

Ambling Frond: Make it less efficient and be able to have shatter and hidden vegetation, seems like he is just a super cheap wall of meat and his old niche was removed.

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

In regards to Grimlic's Mirror: I am not exactly sure what the reason for its removal was (some particular combo or just generally a problem), but what about some sort of temporary champion rather than permanent? I am not sure how much the spell should cost in that case though.

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

For the mirror, can a spell cost X nora?
    "make a copy of target champ, this spell cost is the sum of all that champeons stats"

a 10dmg, 6spd, 2def, 50hp champ would cost 68 nora to copy

I dont know how range could be counted there or if the spell needs a base cost too but its an interesting idea to develop

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Man you guys are making this way too complicated for nothing.

Target champion and the copy gain Aggregate

Thank you I'll be here all week

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

My only suggestion so far:

Fallen Hero
    Upgrade path 1:
    Hunter: Cursed, Riposte 3, Scale Armor

Tbh, all hunter abilities could be with being more theme related rather than based on random chance.

Anyway, it's obviously hunter in a witch bg or a choice or riposte for more hits or scale armor for bigger defense in other bgs.

My main thing here though, is remove or change the Hunter abilities. They are terrible and their use is based on pure chance.

17. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Its the polltroy effect, i was overusing the mirror for a few weeks and it pissed off the wrong meta kids, so devs had to put it in hild. Not first time things like that happens to me. Guess i have to restrict playing time when i find a fun rune or champ next time...

18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think I am going to take a shot of vodka each time I see a certain someone use the term "meta-kid." I hope my liver can hold out!

19. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think the reason G.M. is being adjusted is because Inscrutable Form was done away when rune limits were introduced. Formerly, you couldn't mirror an AA, Thirion, etc. Currently, now, you can.

20. Qucas

Qucas Guest

What if they copy an opponent's rune?