Dispel and Cleanse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

You can dispel your own champs. That is ill advised though. Dispell would remove righteous deflection, but would not remove scoured.

Dispel only removes positive effects and cleanse only removes negative effects.

2. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

• X Form: not sure if they were meant to be dispel-able
      • Statue Form (Blackstone/Whitestone Gargoyle): can be dispel
      • Golem Form (Rock Guardian): cannot be dispel (Note: this is also very buggy, reactivating it after its cool down end gives the bonus again, stacking additive, HP bonus isn't capped at 100, see below)
    • Tales of Valor: cannot be dispel, should say permanently
    • Grant: X (Abilities): those granted abilities doesn't seems to be able to dispel, buffs gain from these could be dispel tho. (Note: only tested Grant: Fire trap, Rage potion, Healing potion, Stoneskin potion)
    • Macadamize (Spell) : Granted Domain rock cannot be dispel / should say grant Domain: Rock permanently

Rock Guardian:
    [​IMG]

3. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

Ive had dispel remove stun on my opponents champs. Is this not accurate?

4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

What did you use to dispel?

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Pacified used to be Cleansable, but iPox (and others) abused the hell out of it.

It could probably bear a re-visit at some point, or possibly removing the problematic sources of Truce (mostly the spell Truce, now, that Diplomat is gone).

Etherielin likes this.
  6. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Too lazy to carry more test, might continue later.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'm glad you mentioned this ^^

ipox is going to take you down a walk through memory lane soon enough heh...

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Little late to the conversation...
    So does that mean that Fading Recollection should be cleansable?

Nevermind, it says it cant be cleansed

9. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Hm... another question, should ability like Hold the line/Nexus aura be dispel-able?

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Hold the Line I think should be.

Nexus Aura is in that borderline category both a positive, and negative effect depending on how it is used. I would say no.

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I agree

12. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I see what you did there

13. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Are you planning to do anything [rule text or otherwise] about "abilities are not conditions and so can't be dispelled or cleansed". Because apparently this issue still exists as evidenced by this thread. Tremor, Protection, and Doom all give abilities. Abilities are not conditions.

They function like conditions and so semi-reasonable if you weren't paying attention to details.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

They should be dispellable unless otherwise stated. The game logic should be adding a condition (which is removable) that grants the ability. So you remove the condition, which then removes the ability.

Doom willprobably not be removable tho, and will state so in the description (for balance reasons).

15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

tough from build 'em up can be dispelled?

16. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Can be.

I really should've made a list of what I've tested and what didn't work.
    It's a bit too late now as I forgot what I've tested :(

17. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

I can't check right now but I suspect Stitched Possession isn't cleansable nor dispellable. Also last time I checked it could target non-stitched champions

18. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Intensify on angels isn't being removed from cleansing fire.

I assume this is working as intended, but just wanted clarification on it.

I feel it should at least remove the countdown that round, and have it be reapplied on the angels next turn at full countdown, 10 turns.

19. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Bottom of Page 2, Sok said it should not be dispel/cleanse.

20. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

that's kind of bullshit though, you just said spells should be removable, but no wait lets make an exception for the most OP ability in game = balance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.