Aurora Lancer and Amareth's Lexicon

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 25, 2015.

1. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Per sok "Aurora Lancer - Blinding replaced by Impairing Feedback?"

If you don't know: http://poxbase.com/ability/560

Just noticed: "Amareth's Lexicon - Nora to 30; Surge for Fae only?"

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Blinding can be a little nutty on Aurora Lancer. I think removing that is the right balancing step. I'm not a super fan of Impairing Feedback but it is useful and flavorful enough.

As for Amareth's Lexicon I hope the idea isn't to change Surge: Equipped to Fae only and increase the cost. One or the other would be a decent first step. A different idea would be to remove Surge: Equipped altogether and have it give Hunter: Equipped and give a certain discount to future friendly equips/relics. Maybe only the Fae would get the special equip/relic discount?

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I had suggested Lancer get Feedback from the start.. I wont mind the change, he's doing too much atm.

Lexicon is gimmicky and will be a nice theme only addition to a weaker sort of units.

++++ JUSTNRFTHING

Etherielin likes this.
  4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

How much less nora is Impair Feed than Blinding?

Equips have a very tough time competing with spells. Nerfing Lexicon twice is a bummer. Le sigh.

Here is to hoping that all the OP stuff in the other 7 factions gets touched.

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Impairing Feedback is 2 nora more than Blinding.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I suggested that change to sok like 3 days ago i really hope this happens so abuse to lexicon is reduced he said yea it worthwile suggestion
    My suggestion was equipped champs gain surge equipped and if its a fairy champion it gain hunter equip
    and/or
    equipped to fairy champion gains hunter equip - 25 nora

7. DarkJello

If true, then LMBO!! No further words at this time...

8. Xirone

It should definitely be the other way around. The equip gives Hunter: Equipped to any champion and also gives Surge to Fae. With that said, I'd rather just give it Hunter: Equipped and Seige (to all champs).

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Siege on demand is too dangerous imo. EDIT: Especially with all our long range units. Imagine arrowsinger?

10. Xirone

I wish there were an ability like siege that didn't affect shrines. I was thinking it would be a cool equip/relic counter. Alas.

11. Xirone

Hunter Equip and Forge Hammer? If the ability Forge Hammer were renamed it would fit well.

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Honestly hunter equip is more as dangerous saying that is much more abusable with non basic abilities than surge abilities but i rather have it to either only hunter or only surge which should be exclusively for fae since they got low damage its not as abusive

13. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

KF doesn't have any spot equip removal, why not have it give the champion Hunter: or Surge: Equip and Swordbreaker?

At the very least Surge: Equip and Swordbreaker force it into a nice lil' niche where you have to balance who you attack for what reason and what equips you have thrown about your own champs, mainly due to the fact that KF as a whole has a several very good negative equips.

Pathfnder and ChiaoLung like this.
  14. ChiaoLung

Sword Breaker fits very nicely with the flavor text of the equip too.

15. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

yes give KF an item with siege :) PLEASE :) like the old forge hammer but for ranged... :)

16. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Wait....its been less than a week and Lancer and Lexicon are already getting big nerfs? So much for me being happy with the expansion....I opened 2 mega bundles for Lancers....I want my money back and they can have their runes back.

17. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Yea. Thats what they always do. Change. Nerf. Thats why Im in general against that they keep changing and nerfing. If they make something OP or someone finds a cool combo, let this person have fun for some time at least. They had all the chance to playtest these runes before they released them. And if they planned some major nerfs of factions etc, they could also have done that before releasing the new stuff, so ppl could think twice if they want to invest more in this game or not. Its not nice business ethics to keep listening to cryers and change rules.

Besides, SP has a spell that gives bounty hunter, very very similar to this new KF item, but can not be shattered. Cost about same or less, considering with the KF item, you need many times both to cast the item (25) and then to also give the opponent an item (25 if single, 15-20 if with the spell so you can hit 2 or 3 champs). As always, the nerf mob starts crying as soon as something has KF name on it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  18. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Don't see it as big nerfs. The runes'll still be runnable they just won't dominate their specific niche so readily as they do now.

19. DarkJello

I am still stuck on Aurora Lancer getting an objectively worse ability that costs MORE nora.

Well, back to getting crucified at work. Life. Sometimes. Uggh.

20. ChiaoLung

It's been changed. Doesn't look too bad really.

Aurora Lancer - Aurora Lance's Blind reduced to 2 turns from 3, Blinding removed from U1, Divine Favor 2 moved to U1, Grand Entrance added to U2