Cyclops Hurler sandbags out

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by RedScarlet, Dec 15, 2014.

1. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Would this be fair?

Cyclops Hurler (69 nora to 82 nora)

14 10/5/4-5/0/46

Attack: Boulder
    Hurl Boulder
    Aim
    Slam
    Accrue

Vulnerable

U1: Tec Pulse / StoneBomb 3 / Pulverize
    U2: Protective / Trample / Tremor

Total stats change: -4 nora (for -4DMG)
    Total base ability change: +15 nora
    Total upgrade change: +2 nora

Total base cost w/ Stone Bomb and Protective:

69-4+15+2= 82 nora

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I kinda like him as-is, honestly.

soulmilk likes this.
  3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

It would be very nice if he got +1 speed or +1 max range tbh, hes pretty awkward atm.

Poxlife likes this.
  4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I agree with BallBaller. I'd prefer to see +1 speed instead of accrue. Also, w/ slam, it would be nice if he was 4-6 [or 3-5]so he could possibly attack twice without the target being slammed out of range. What about this instead:

10/6/4-6/0/46

Attack Boulder

Upgrade Path 1:
    Stone Bomb 3 (+12 nora)
    Slam (+4 nora)
    Aim (+8 nora)

Upgrade Path 2:
    Protective (+6 nora)
    Damage +2 (+4 nora)
    Crushing Blow (+10 nora) [maybe switch to hurl boulder...similar function, 2 less nora]

Upgrade Path 1 lets the player choose betwee AOE, Knockback, or Long Range (but they can only get one); Upgrade Path 2 offers additional, stable damage; higher, conditional damage; and a debuff. He also has wide variety of price points, ranging from +8 nora on the low end to +22 on the high end.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Hes nice and cheap atm why you want him to cost more

soulmilk likes this.
  6. Raikan

He's too expensive for a 2x2, 5 speed with 4-5 range, imo, because he has hurl boulder stuck on him (although the cost is offset partially by vulnerability). I'd rather remove those, and increase his speed or range with the 8 nora that is saved by removing hurl boulder and vulnerability (or increase speed and range and reduce his damage a bit).

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Uhhh hurl boulder is the way he gets around his range limitations

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  8. RedScarlet

@TheBulwark: cheap doesnt mean he's good. Try playing a 2x2 5SPD with 4-5 slam range. I'd rather pay an extra 15 nora if it means he can hit for 15dmg a couple of times.

@Ballballer well yea another way is to just simply give him +1 spd and +1 max range.

@SPiEkY as of now? Have u tried playing it tho? With SP meta or racials or splits?

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, I've played with it, and I dig his cheapness and damage output.

soulmilk likes this.
  10. RedScarlet

In a meta Bg, split, or clops? I also tried him in multiple BGs, ST/SP arctic gift clops, FF SP meta, FF SP clops...

Nothing really pushes me to deploy
    him, got way better options in all the BGs listed. I guess I've to test him some more before vindicating it.

I'll just necro the post later on

11. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I dont run him i follow your creep block melee format on clops

12. RedScarlet

Ohh ok.. Well i guess hes not that good in ff clops. I'll try him again in ff meta and splits to see how he really fares... Im skeptical tho

13. Raikan

Wouldn't those limitations be largely solved with +1 speed and Range 4-6? He still would be in trouble once in melee (like most other ranged units), but he'll be less likely to get into melee with higher threat range and he'll be able to be a better ranged attacker with 6 speed.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    RedScarlet likes this.
  14. Sammich

Sammich Member

I actually don't want to touch him because he's perfect for my knockback split with FS. He's certainly very niche, but with his multiple alternative attacks I haven't actually run into too many cases where I've wished for a vastly different build. I, too, very much appreciate him on the cheap.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Don't change him. D:
    He is so efficient. <3

SPiEkY likes this.