Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

FEAR ME.

2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Not to piss off every UD player, since they are half the player base, but:

Relocate: Ally/Foe - CD to 3 from 2
    Relocate: Demon - CD to 2 from 1

Why would these abilities not have the same CD (2 or 3) just for consistency? Isn't that what much of the debate is about on here? The demon one could simply be cheaper since it is specific to a race.

3. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

It's race specific/less range than ally and for a long time was one of the few sources of mobility UD had, and since most runes are melee oriented it kind of makes sense.

Then again they got ranged damage and pull in the last patch so what do I know.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

KF Faction Bonus - Mini-Initiative?

Wait, what? Care to elaborate please?

Edit: also, since you closed that thread, can we expect Dispel in ST anytime soon?

5. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Regarding the Faction Bonus:

SP: When you deploy a real Champion with Race X from your Rune Dock, it gains Scry 1 and a weaker version of Leverage: X.

Rationale: Right now, SP got no reasonable reveal mechanism. Especially for Themes that rely on a mixture of Runes to work, like Moga + Ghern or Hyaenid + Djinn, some sort of a reveal engine would be useful. Binding reveals to deploying Champions seems to fit the overall SP theme.
    Leverage reduces the cost of the next Champion of the same Race by 10 Nora. While 10 Nora may be too much, I think it would be very interesting to bind the SP refund bonus to a race this way, because it allows for new synergies that are can make SP unique. It promotes playing Themes, but at the same time, it makes Themes with mixed runes (again: Moga + Ghern, Hyaenid + Djinn, ...) less effective. But that allows to buff the Synergy effects for those Themes, as those mixed themes have an implicit disadvantage.

The same idea can also be applied to FW:

FW: When a real Champion you own with Race X is destroyed, the Cooldown of all Champions with Race X is reduced by 1 and a weaker version of Leverage: X is triggered.

6. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

I know Lonx are strong right now but the following list does not sound like babystep nerfs:
    I included some questions regarding some of the changes.

Camaraderie - Reduction reduced to 3 (Is there a Noracost decrease planed for the skill? If not, please remove it from the Lonx Chief... You need to deploy 5 champs now before you have a positiv noracost balance of whooping 3 nora. This means you have a huge tempo hit with almost no reward)

Spur - +3 DMG and +1 SPD for every 2 enemy champions (same here. efficiency halved. Nora cost of the skill stayes the same?)
    Lonx Luminary - Commander: Lonx removed (np as long as there is Commander: Ranger)
    Reveal Race - Removal
    Relocate: Ally/Foe - CD to 3 from 2

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  7. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

It could just be removed (same with the spider version) honestly. If DeP needs something,give her a recharge mechanic (like attack charge 2 + recharge or something). DeP is rather a crutch rune atm, and has been since her release.

8. Sokolov

Cama will probably be 9.

Spur is slated to stay the same for the time being.

9. Sokolov

Actually, it ended up being Relocate: Foe is CD 3 and Relocate: Ally is still 2.

10. Sokolov

Currently thinking something along the lines of:

When deployed, friendly champions may move 1 space for free for every X enemy champions in play.

Like Initiative, there'd be a cap, of course.

Maybe.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Pedeguerra, Etherielin and xezno like this.
  11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would it still be too strong if it escalated kinda like the old Ferren Focus? Enemy units within the AoE take damage and then are Paralyzed. Next turn enemy units that are paralyzed then become stunned?

12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Stasis Field is like Sandspout!

13. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Out of curiousity, is there internal discussion about changing the map size?

Horizontaaaaaal!

Vertical is so last year. Or.. no year, ever. :)

14. Sokolov

It is 8 Nora/SPD.

15. Sokolov

I will likely just look at Aquatic/Semis as a whole when the time comes.

16. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Speaking if paladins why did FW get all the paladin removed from the faction exempt crappy venger? We can't make our magnus split pally decks anymore.

17. Sokolov

Was that with revamp?

18. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Yes.

And other pally like Exemplar get removed. At least change the flavor text too

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Gedden said he wanted to make a new make a new "anti-paladin" class in one of the old Q&A sessions.

Also why does Molten Cloak give 45ish nora worth of abilities and defense for 25 nora?

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

1 speed after ~6 is about 7-8 nora. That's what the stat bonus is worth, and also what a point of speed would be worth for the KF bonus to be on-par for nora with the other faction bonuses.

I think the speed values are the actual problems with semi. Changing the stat values around rather than adjusting the cost is the right direction, but a 2-point swing in speed is going to mean that semi is still going to be problematic, just a little less so. Keeping it closer to 0 nora and making either +1 speed or -1 speed depending on condition would, I think, be a better fix.