Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Re-theming KF to be all snakes?

Etherielin and xezno like this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Sprint can be given as a faction ability

3. greenman13

greenman13 The King of Potatoes

no sir I not like it

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

all you have to do it elongate the torso on all the sprites, shakes some hands, and you're done.

Etherielin likes this.
  5. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just want to throw it out there one more time with a small change:

FF: If a champion spends atleast 3 ap on abilities or attacks it gains +1 speed for one round.

Split: If a champion spends atleast 6 ap on abilities or attacks it gains +1 speed for one round.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

So you want us to become the yuan-ti faction?

7. greenman13

greenman13 The King of Potatoes

That would just turn kf into sl

8. chickenpox2

+1 speed for 1 turn is useless cause it won't get the extra ap the next turn

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I think B is a better choice. Keeping the AP cap bonus prvents the bonus from being useless after deploy.

I also think 1 movement per opponent is too strong with A. Especially on big maps.

10. Poxbrothers

That's why it states 1 speed for a round (so you get +1 ap next time it is your turn).

11. chickenpox2

What about my ability it much more balanced since it only useable every 4 turns but gives the similar stuff

12. Poxbrothers

Because I don't think more abilities per champ is a good thing. Pox is trying to move away from just that.

Xirone likes this.
  13. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

if it is exactly like B, im kind of ok with it if font bonus is changed to include deploy too

14. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

I also like this! (Wow I'm coming across as his fanboy)

I might make split faction to 5ap though,

This is brilliant, It doesn't come into effect straight away, it doesn't give the instant mobility that captures fonts, it actually benefits ranged champs that little bit better which is what KF should/is all about and you don't need to go around changing a whole load of champs

Poxbrothers likes this.
  15. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

i was talking about SOK alternative B

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

It's ridiculous. I love it.

17. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

If you wanna halt early game advantage, why not giving the bonus after 2 turns? FF after 2 turns friendly unit is in play, it permanently gains +1 speed and +1 max ap. Split after 2 turns, friendly champions permanently gains +1 max ap.

18. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think one of the ideas is to move away from a bonus that can be so easily countered by rune design. What is happening now is that because +1 speed is pretty powerful and can fundamentally alter a runes role, runes are being designed intentionally with 1 less speed than they should. This essentially negates the bonus, turning the +1 speed into a -8 nora discount (currently 1 speed cost 8 nora) The problem with KF being so powerful at the moment doesn't have so much to do with the fact that they are so much faster than other units (although some are), but that they are universally cheaper than most of the other units in the game.

By choosing a bonus that doesn't so easily translate into a nora discount, it frees up rune design.

Did I get that about right? That's how I've read into it the current situation at least. I personally love the idea. I have always felt like KF was gradually getting a little gyped with the bonus, gradually losing the speed advantage in favor of -1 speed and a 8 nora counter.

19. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I have a lot of back reading to do, but the suggestion of 1 free movement per of enemy champions seems as if it still enables the "draw win" complaint because a 7 speed champ can still move 8 spaces on the first turn it gains AP, assuming the opponent deploys a champ on the first turn (which will almost always be the case). The second 7 speed champ deployed would be able to move 9 spaces (again, assuming the opponent deploys a champ) and dash off to capture a side font. The bonus, while technically weaker over the course of the match, might actually be stronger than the current one in terms of early font advantage.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

While technically true, if that was a real problem, Initiative champs would be whined about all day long, and that just isn't the case.

Second player draw wins are much less prevalent.

Gorebucket and Etherielin like this.