I hate the trader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean5056, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

People are so annoying. They think all their stuff is worth so much and only trade for profit. It would be great if people stopped being selfish a-holes and actually accepted fair trades.

Good thing there is Poxbox.

ShionNR, Morfeas and Tarathil like this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

was that a joke or?

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Cause Poxbox isn't ripping you off at all.

#IgnoranceisBliss

SaintKiwi and Rokkushun like this.
  4. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

Poxbox is overpriced on a lot sure, but Trader is a purely toxic environment where no one but the thieves win. Unless of course it's prearranged :)

ShionNR and Morfeas like this.
  5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Poxbox may rip you off, but at least you know ahead of time how much it is going to rip you off. Traders tend to be cagey about it.

6. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

If you are going to be "sharked" either way, at least do it instantly with PoxBox.

Goyo, SaintKiwi and Tarathil like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just take my like already.
    I see a slogan forming.

8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I love the trader, just hate the people on it.

Tarathil likes this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I don't shark people :(

10. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Sorry, I meant say:

"I love the trader, just hate everyone who isn't in NWO on it."

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The problem is the vast majority of the trades in the trader are for profit traders. Accounts that have little to no games played, no forum presence, and seem to solely exist to trade up. Poxbox you know what you're getting. @decondor has been very public with how he marks up runes that are traded in. You don't see Walmart or Target telling you how much they mark up products, yet most people in the US shop there. Even your local store that sells Magic Cards doesn't tell you what their markup is on cards. They just put them in the case with a price and you either buy them or you don't.

The trader is only good for two things. First, pre arranged trades between players that have looked up the price of runes on Poxbox to make an informed decision about their trade. Second, trades with Poxbox.

Tarathil likes this.