Discussion: Patch Notes: January 29th, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Dreaddoll

Dreaddoll Devotee of the Blood Owl

its the ability:doom that changed not the spell... this confused me as well

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ah i see good looking out.

3. adino32

adino32 Member

Rugoth's Revenge stun ability no longer works. I assume it is a bug.

So Aurora Lancer... nerfed to the scrap pile huh?

4. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

the spell is short lived one, the ABILITY is short 2

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

that clears it up what it refer to the spell is changed not the ability

6. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Yeah, that one's on me. I wanted an animation that represented the new font bonus, as it actually plays when you try to play a relic in the IS font. It plays a block sound and the horn (it's there, listen carefully).

Give it a few days, see if it grows on you. Regardless, I know IS players love horns, so any feedback on this would be great.

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Sorry but this is a change i cant afford. give back the shiny horn, at least in the shrine. And change the color of the shield to gold, come on, we are firking dwarf!

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Give back da horn.

Pattn199, mickross and JaceDragon like this.
  9. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Why is Sentinel 6n but Blindfire is 15n?

10. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

RIP Semi/Aquatics.
    -1(-2) dmg, -1 def and +4 (+5) nora per champ.
    Sad sad day. Very unhappy about this.

sidenote: the Aquatic description still has the same text as before.

Lushiris and doubtofbuddha like this.
  11. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I think bloodbow nerf was probably too much...
    I can accept it, but what do you think of at least giving him another upgrade option instead of bleed, so that he can fit also some other battlegroups and not only the bleed theme (for which he shines)?

May be something to help him a bit when he becomes melee?
    Damage shield, or reflexes, i don't know...

12. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Would like to know the thought process behind Cyclops Artificer change from weaken spell -> amp fire.

Beside self synergy, I don't see much synergy with either construct or cyclops.

13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Honestly it would've been a perfect patch if it weren't for this. I said many times that the pirahnids and marsh raptor were the problem... Now Circadians paid the price. It was as simple as removing berserker from them and giving carnivore instead of life siphon, then putting stuff like blood frenzy and berserk attack to increase the cost. As for the raptor just removing ready would've done wonders.

And @hfok , I wasn't involved but maybe the fact that he's mostly used in IS splits makes weaken spells a bit stronger than intended.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  14. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes, I agree. I wouldn't mind something like "grant fire trap" in its place (I say trap, although I would prefer Aura, but understand that might not be prefered given how common it is).

From my limited time with him, I feel he doesn't do much. As in, most of the time he is just there collecting a bit of Nora. Most tinkerers have build 'em tough as well. Would be nice if I had more of a reason to click on him.

15. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Range?

16. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Stitched monolith has sentinel and hes 2-5 range.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The substantive differences between Sentinel and Blindfire justify the cost gap.

18. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Just to clarify here, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, you're arguing that Sentinel (Which is an objectively better ability), is both more effective and cheaper because the champions that had Blindfire would be overpowered if they had Sentinel and, as an inference, champions that had Sentinel would be underpowered if they that Blindfire?

19. Atherhog

Can't remember off the top of my head, but isn't Blindfire 7 or 8? It's certainly longer than the max range of the champ.

Sentinel, on the other hand, is limited by the range of the champ - min and max.

20. Atherhog

Objectively Better?

You could argue that the range differences make Blindfire better.

You'd have to convince me that it's objectively better.