Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]Soultap Luminescence 8 Nora
    When this unit is deployed and at the start of its turns, opposing champions within 4 spaces become Soultapped (At the beginning of the affected units turn, all soultapped champions lose 2 life and you gain nora for every point of life lost this way).

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I just saw that Hallowed Ground may get its healing reduced. First, thanks. Second, I wanted to bring up (again) how undercosted Trail: Hallowed Ground is. Even if the healing is reduced to 6 HP/Round, that is the equivalent of Regeneration 3 (7 Nora), Purified (8 Nora), and a lasting terrain effect that can give those benefits to others (X Nora). I'd say reduce the healing to 6 HP and set the price of the ability at 14 Nora. There is something to be said about Hallowed Ground only affecting certain units but Trail: Hallowed Ground is very, very good at its current cost of 9.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed, good call.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Another option for Hollowed Ground would be to change the cleanse effect to trigger on deploy and at end of the generator's turn, rather than the beginning. Then, it still provides protection against longer lasting debuffs, but doesn't completely hamper 1-turn CC. It could still be used as a spot cleanse, and would even open up more uses: units with something like Weary or a DoT could move onto stagnant Hollowed Ground on their turn and then get a cleanse before the next trigger. I think this would fit the effect to be more like an advantageous fighting field, rather than a short-duration bunker.

Edit: Support the changes to short lived: the additional globe is unnecessary to what the ability does. Conversely, do not support the changes to Doom.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Some good points. I think the theoretical underpinnings of a healing reduction are sound, but the ability would certainly benefit further from changing around some of the less sensicle interactions - or at least clarifying the oddities. The spell can be changed accordingly if it suddenly becomes weak.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is a totally legit concern, I feel ya. It's a 35 nora spell right now; maybe something like 30 or 25, or changing it to a 6 turn duration would be a good idea?

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

94 nora IS angel, that only heals 6? I'm fine with that :b

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  8. GodsTurtle

GodsTurtle Well-Known Member

Not sure if you like this here or in the bugs forum, but the buff given by witching hour says that it gives flight, +1 speed and vaporise, instead of revel in misery. The spell effects are correct, just the description in the buff is wrong.

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I made this suggestion about fae having exclusive surge then realised i made a mistake and made the change but i guess sok didn't reread the post :/

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I did, but we already had the patch ready.

Either way, I am ok with trying it this way for now.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

ahh ok anyway it better than what it was before so its still good

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Why are there no Myx with Starship Trooper references in the flavor text?

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The shield comes up when you cap the font, but the horn comes up when you try to deploy a relic in the font?

Please for the sake of my sanity change it to be the other way around. The trumpet noise is the reason I started playing IS.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

There's already an animation for shadowspawn though. Keep stealthed units out of fonts if it's that game changing.

15. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Do you think that Stitched Seamstress really needed a nerf, or was she just an innocent victim of a blanket cost increase to an ability that she has?

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

What about re-working/removing Spell Blockade?

Spell Blockade 50 Nora(!) CD: 8(!)
    The next spell cast by your enemy backfires. This units health is reduced to 1 when Spell Blockade triggers. This effect is hidden until triggered. If the unit that activated this effect is removed from play before it is triggered then the effect will not trigger.

I argued about this before and can't fault the cost it has. But the cost in itself and the cooldown just says to me "This was too powerful to be an ability".

It's like having Win the Game 10,000 Nora CD:100, starts on cooldown. Appropriately costed, but also completely pointless and shoebox.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Is this happening?

18. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Just to put this in the correct place: Can we see Blindfire(15n) folded into Sentinel(6n) in both efforts to continue ability consideration and as a boost to both Bowmage and Aspect of Infinity.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I put it in there, didn't I? With a date? In the "under consideration" section?

I am not sure what answer you are looking for.

Etherielin likes this.
  20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thought Sentinel went on lowish ranged champs (under 4?) and blindfire went on longer ranged champs and thus caused the cost difference.

Just remember that speed buffs usually come with a nora cost increase.