Get fired up with BurnPyro.

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by BurnPyro, Jan 17, 2015.

1. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

Ok ...

1st . Why interrogator vs. legionaire as a supporter ? nexus and command block have been awesome in my experience so far ...
    2nd. Only one paragidm ? why not -1 rocketeer and 2x paradigms? (this may be again related to my preference to have 7 speed champs :p )
    3rd. 2x marines? are they really that efficient ? i guess 60nora is quite cheap and considerable, still, is it worth two ?
    4th. where would you put the spellsword? which one would you take out?
    5th. what's with the no equip rule of thumb? you've told me before, and not only me, but i've never seen the explanation.

Side note: I dind't get D. Lord yet cause he's core set and was waiting for it to appear in a skirmish or smthing like ... frugal thinking :D

That's it, if I remeber something more, i'll let ya know. thanks

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

uhh, 56, man

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

1. Legion is too costy. Interr is cheaper and better allround. Legion is one of those runes that can trick you into looking okay on paper, but it doesn't give you much for it's cost
    2. Because rocketeers are incredibly baller. Like, they're the Bane Shift. Hot Bane Shift. Paradigm is actually quite situational. If you can't get some nice spurs off or if you don't need magical damage, there are better deploys for the same nora that give you more.
    3. Marines are damn cheap and have a bunch of hp and damage. Cheap champs that are durable are generally worth looking at in SL, they synergize well with the bonus and with all the powerspells.
    4. Probably a high priest. Honsetly, the only reason you run two is draws. If you can afford to have two priests down and you 're not losing, you've probably won anyway.
    5. Equips in SL are pretty mediocre. But mostly because your whole gameplan is to get champs out and then start powerturning. Best case scenario: you only deploy champs until you DB/Quicken/Quickening and win the game. Obviously AoEs and whatnot are just great runes, but none of our equips really do anything. Same reason why people try and run taint or rageband. SL doesn't care for buffing up a single champ. Unless you're playing a one trick pony deck, having several okay champs out is better than one/a few great champs.
    Hence why skeezick are so baller.

Aight?

4. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

Gotcha ...

I played against one of those tricky bg's the other day ... the guy deployed a Dreadnought and just buffed him up with one great equip and several spells which I don't remember.
    He basically stampeded my whole stitched deck with it ..
    Made me consider Fading Recolection or other spot removal/damage in the deck ... :eek:

Thanks again for the suggestions bro, great tips.
    Would be awesome if you filmed one of your games and put it up on youtube with some protips. I guess I'll keep searching for you ingame and try to spectate one of your games.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

With this deck, use doom from doomsayer and make him cry.

I used to stream, but my laptop doesn't really allow high fps. So youtube isn't exactly an option either. I might play some games tonight, not sure. I'm kinda caught up in getting a couple more wins for diamond on league.

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  7. Mightycheeser

Mightycheeser New Member

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Id say drop wyrmp, firestorm, the equip blade, minefield, tornado,

get another burning sands, quicken, another draksar get mad spell, a magnetize

This is actually quite good. Maybe some runes like wyrmpriest and tornado could be replaced. I have my draksar bg posted in dmrbadguys thread a few threads above mine in this sub forum. Its on the last page (on the 1st too if he updated already). Its a screenshot though. Have a look and see if you still have questions.

Overal your bg is pretty competitive though

9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Wyrmpriest is so bad that even sermon doesn't make him worthwhile.

I'd drop tornado for magnetize, magnetize is probably one of the best spells in SL, and one of the better relic/equip removal in game.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Would like your assistance on my Mutation BG.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cquCgLCptCoDCwxcj4c63CgVcgZcgXcpWCgBS55s4As4isas5hs84s73sYs3ArPr2q

Just put in the Homicidal's to test. Not really a Fan. I feel 1x is enough. If any. Scrapper is a pain to keep up, and no way to gain HP aside from Doctor. Makes it a worse.
    The Mutant Yetis have been very helpful. Thinking about re-adding the other.
    Morphs deal with issue champs quite well. The problem is keeping her safe.
    The Ruthless Netmaster. I am just not feeling. The Bolter has been doing his job better. I just added the Netmaster recently. So I may not have used him enough to make a good judement. Expensive as hell though.
    Spellsword is maily there to counter Magic, Eater, and Weaken Spells. Doesn't see much deployment. Being cheap helps his cause though.

Thoughts?

Side note: The Doctor should be Victor. Victor Frankenstein.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

The major problem with Mutate.dek is that Marauder is the only champ I wouldn't feel bad about running. That stops the "theme" in it's track rather quickly.

BurnPyro and Sealer0 like this.
  12. Sealer0

Morph is such a questionable include it hurts. -10 nora and I MIGHT run her.

Persecutor is meh. Clamp on a low mobillity champ is super average. And leap upgrade upgrades only once :/. If he had a "mobillity" mutation, that would grant leap: 3 -> pounce -> bastion of mobillity I might run him. Or if Violence didn't give him careless. Or if Tough made any sense on him.

Homicidal Thug is 0x, that rune is really bad.

Mutant Yeti is just super expensive.

I've tried all kinds of mutation decks and it seems that making a regular superchamp deck is better. And even that is not that good.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I see. I am not running it as Mutation though. My goal has been to run through like normal bg mutating when I can. Taking advantage of non powerturns to buff. Would you suggest I run 2x Doctors. 2x Marauders, 2x Persecutors, and put them in another bg to have an underlying Mutate theme, with the overall goal being something completely different?

14. Sealer0

You can make draksar bg with this, although draksars work better without mutation submodule either way imo. If you take out 1 doc, put draksar lord, draksar high priest and 2x drak rocketeer instead of those skeezicks, mutant yeti and homicidal thug you kind of get a working drak bg.

I don't really see a difference between mutation and a regular bg, in both cases you stall and build up because you get stronger over time.

Whatever you will do, replace acidic gales with acid storm/burning sand and replace scapegoat with cancel magic.

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Ok, so I thought I'd come to this thread to ask for some help on improving the deck I'm working on, before I actually acquire the runes (because they're expensive). I know BP's main faction is SL, but maybe it'll work out regardless. I didn't post this in Split forums because that place is pretty much a ghost town and generally the better players don't bother with that place.

This is the deck:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/ClICoxcqxct_c5ACluclyc3nci3CkxcfOcwHCdxs5Qs1Is1as5Ws4xs82s5wr2Yr2Zr1we1Ke1j

I've tried this with FS/SP first and it didn't work out so well (granted, I was missing key runes); so here I am, trying the KF/SP route. The deck is built on 2 synergies: Aurora Lancer and the stuff that gets him going and Hyaenid Executioner and stuff that works with him. There is an overlap between the two.
    Oh also, this deck is built under the assumptions that Executioner is dropped to 75 nora and Voltaic Slag gets Illuminated, like it says in the Cactuar Crate. I'm also expecting a buff to Bowmage sometime soon.

Now, to explain some of the choices in the deck because they might seem weird from the outside.
    I use 4 main types of runes:
    - champions that strike powerfully (aka beaters like Hyaenid Executioner);
    - champions that Stun (Bowmage) and at least 1 Stun spell (Stormwrack);
    - champions that do AoE damage (Fierbomber) and/or zone out the opposing units (Fae Bloomwalker);
    - swappers/relocators (Strategist, Elven Page etc.)

So I just deploy stuff according to the situation, always aiming to be agressive and to control my opponent. I swap my champions in and out as they are needed or if they need to retreat.

Lifeshield is there because I like having some form of anti-spell, but it would probably be better to use Blinding Flash instead.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I've been really busy with other projects, work and well, not Pox. Sorry for neglecting this thread guis. I'll have to put this on semi-hold until I have more time to actually look at stuff instead of just posting quick stuff from work.

Cause acting busy and whatnot.

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

was wondering if this thread was still a thing? If so i have many questions to ask :D

18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Just ask and burn will answer, he always answers.

19. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The irony of this guy typing these words...

GloRIUS!

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

whats up

I've never bashed a perfectly fine thread, so the irony is lost on me.