How to Fix KF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Threads were merged because they are the same topic.

2. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I agree warrog and Dep, to at least 4 hits with warguard. Ireguard... well you would have to nerf reaver with that sense. He costs freaking 92 nora. Who uses 90 nora champs unless are the vothsairs or heroes? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't play either KF or UD.

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I dont play KF, but I used to play UD and I know Ireguards can get out of hand with fury! I am asking the KF players to volunteer runes to be nerfed to save their faction bonus. I know from playing against them, that rage of the circle is plain broken because of paralytic feed back. I also know from experience with fast flyers, that 7 speed is too much for a 60 nora champ! Give it a healing rate of 32hp every 2 turns and it is just broken for that price! It may be squishy but any smart player after capping the font will just pull it back and use it to heal the reinforcement/s.

4. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

ROFL I just fell out of my chair reading this. Awesome reply. Back to reading the rest of the posts......

scrampy likes this.
  5. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

This thread delivered.

Also i hope the KF bonus gets taken out. That way all the KF runes can stop being nerfed by 1 speed on release.

6. Vorian

But they are not or they would not have 60 nora 8 speed flyers. You dont have the slowest faction. SP and IS are the slowest factions. Last I checked KF was third highest. If you are going to complain about 80 nora 6 speed champs talk to SP or SL.

7. Revengercm

Then bring back the old ability where he attacks to every adjacent champion to the target as well.

8. Vorian

I am not worried about ireguard to be honest, just KF losing their bonus.

9. Revengercm

You also said UD bonus which imo it shouldn't be decreased or unless they buff the champs with their attack, which at moments some other factions have way better dmg than a lot of UD champs do, by surge or any special ability which sometimes bypasses UD dmg.

10. Vorian

Look people are complaining about your bonus, thats for you to deal with by defending it or coming up with some alternatives.

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

KF players have never particularly liked their faction bonus to begin with. In part because of how much of a disparity it causes with Splits, but mostly for how it limits design space.

Quite frankly, if Arctic loses Ready, and IS loses it's AP Font Bonus, and Aquatic is largely nerfed (albeit in other areas) I just can't really see KF keeping their FF bonus.

I play a lot of KF, it's probably my second favorite faction. I'm also very concerned about the man-hours limits that this game has for it's design staff, and how that might limit the speed with which other necessary adjustments are made, and I certainly haven't agreed with all the balance changes made to individual runes (poor, dumb Turtle Rider). But overall I think changing the FF bonus is certainly a good thing... if only in the long run.

Plus, hey, maybe it'll mean some of the Torts will get back some of the SPD and Accrue they lost when they were allowed to play in FF KF. Well, one can dream anyway.

Finally, leave the Boa alone, it's in a pretty good spot.

12. Vorian

Just look at what happened when the KF bonus got reduced to 1 speed from 2, tortuns got nailed! Do you want that to happen to your entire faction

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Correct me if I am wrong I have never been a major KF player but if I remember correctly the last time the KF bonus was +2 speed was back during the old speed system where a units speed equalled how much AP it could store and AP gained was equal to (Speed/2)+1. The current KF bonus and the old KF bonus are practically identical.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I think what they remember is not when the bonus was changed from old to new system (it affected mostly split bonus), but some erf round around the same time when kf base speed was adjusted and many champs went from earlier 8 speed in FF to 7 speed. One example i remeber clearly were the elven mages, who used to be 8 speed before, but now have 7 speed in FF. And we all know that many KF champs are prenerfed when released to nullify the FF bonus, making them bad in splits compared to champs in other factions.

15. Vorian

I remember kf having 8 speed during the tortun period.

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

You are correct. The shift from 2 speed to one came with the pre-malajara revamp. It changed nothing for ff KF.

And anyone claiming it impacted tortuns is wrong.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. polltroy

But when I think about it I think actually at the same time they reviewed the KF champ speed stats and lowered many by 1. Of course its possible this came before or after this change, I think I was not actually playing exactly when the change happened actually.

18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The speed change transitioned from 9 speed granting 6 ap to 6 speed granting 6 ap.

Of course everything lost points of speed.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. polltroy

We are talking about if kf lost ap grant per turn or not after the speed change. That is speed as it is today or its equivalent before the speed change. I do know quite some champs had "ap grant" 8 speed some time before change and 7 speed some time after. We cant remember if this neef of ap grant was at same time speed was changed or not.

20. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

This was because you could manually set your speed to what you wanted. Naturally when speed is preset it won't be as high across the board.