Kai Ri Sei Million Arthur - "new" fully voiced / animated SQEnix mobile game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Emries, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Anyone on play it? Below is a post on how to get started if you are interested by MagnAvalon from the Himeuta Channel group because it's pretty extensive and I'm lazy. Note you get 5 crystals for entering a referral - more on that in its own section below - if you do decide to play it. It's really engaging!

Kai-Ri-Sei Million Arthur is basically the sequel of Kakusansei Million Arthur made by Square Enix, the latter which mobile version has already been discontinued.

The game features turn-based battles with up to 4 people cooperating to fight monsters in dungeons; battles are engaged through the use of cards over four different factions with distinctions in each class and special skills on each of them, minor communication systems, and a room-hosting mechanism. As with games with similar theme, it features the mechanics for upgrade and evolution. The rarity is divided from normal to million rare. This game uses a Stamina system but keep in mind that joining rooms in Co-Op means you use the room's host's stamina for the more difficult or profitable dungeons the host selects until you level up again to refill. That said, I haven't noticed any decline in leveling up on my own until level 45ish? And even then not significant.

The game is available for iOS and Android as of now.

Video of Boss Fighting in 4 player Co-Op (you only need to watch about a minute starting at 40 seconds to get the idea of how animation works):

Referral system:
    • When you enter the game, you can input your friend's ID, which will net both you and your friends free crystals.
    • This crystal can be used to do a special summon, recover yourself from death in battle, and more (although those two are about the only things that has enough merit to use the crystal for, so I suggest you to save up those crystals for the summon).
    • The ID used for adding people as friends is the same as the one used for the referral.
    • A referral ID can only be used UP TO 10 TIMES. [My own ID: 710,760,717; feel free to use it.]

Gacha system:
    • Special gacha summon costs 1 crystal each and 10 crystal for 11 cards, and the cost will multiply to 2 (25), 5 (50), and beyond.
    • The most cost-effective use of the gacha is to do the special gacha summon twice each (the first one, then the second oen) which will net you 24 total cards from gacha.
    • Every time new cards are added to the gacha, the gacha counter will be reset to the lowest cost, so you can repeat the aforementioned 10 crystal gacha and 25 crystal gacha.
    • Usually, the cards you get from your first gacha will determine your direction in faction (although not necessarily, since you can find good drops in dungeons later on; these cards will serve to establish your gameplay since they will be the most early cards you get, though).

Faction division:
    • Mercenary (mainly physical attacks with additional effects, although the devs added mercenary characters with magical attacks after the new update)
    • Millionaire (physical attacks with more bulk, buff & debuff)
    • Thief (magical attacks, buff & debuff)
    • Utahime/Diva (healing, mainly physical buff, magical attack)

Fame system:
    • The game has a fame system, where you can feed the same card to another to give it more fame.
    • All card starts with 1 fame, and it can go up until 70, 90, or even 100 depending on its rarity (the highest being MR).
    • The advantage of having a card with a high fame as the flagship of your deck is that they will give you a high chance to net extra drops AFTER the battle's normal drop concludes (even the rare ones).
    • It is not something of utmost emergence nor importance, but it is never bad to invest on increasing some of your cards' fame.

Max 5☆ Cards to Max-fame:
    • Mercenary: Biscralvet (2☆); Aggravain (2☆); Gaheris (2☆); Ither (3☆)
    • Millionaire: Cador (2☆); Griflet (2☆); Tristan (2☆); Napoleon (2☆); Pellinore (2☆); Tarquin (3☆); Dietrich (3☆); Ragnelle (3☆); Laudine (3☆)
    • Thief: Uther (2☆); Lynette (2☆); Ganieda (3☆); Bernard (3☆); Meleagant (3☆); Unseelie Court (4☆)
    • Uta: Ortrud (2☆); Blanc Vin (2☆); Rowena (3☆); Evelyn (3☆); Bedivere (3☆); Shiana (4☆)

*Note: mostly 2☆ and 3☆ are mentioned, 4☆ with normal map drops are exceptions; highlighted ones are constantly seen but are not necessarily important in choice, please refer to the skill guide for actual stat-wise consideration.

Regarding events:
    • The event in this game has a fixed schedule.
    • It is always good to look at it so you can play at an effective time and just laze around when it is not really the time for the boss dungeon where you want to farm drops, or something like that.

Regarding decks:
    • The deck in the game is ranked from F to SS.
    • It is fairly important because it generally determines your deck's quality, although not necessarily. For example, some decks that include other faction's card in its deck will get an S rank, although it can be better in terms of total HP and synergy compared to a deck with an SS rank.

Regarding crystals and medals:
    • You can use your crystals to buy extra card slots, and it is EXTREMELY RECOMMENDED to do so. As you continue playing, you will soon understand the importance of slots when upgrading/evolving/max-faming a card. The maximum storage slot is 300.
    • From your battles, you will accumulate a number of rainbow coins called "medals". These medals can be exchanged for rewards, i.e. special cards.

Referral Free Crystal Guide:
    • From the main menu, click on the "!" icon on the middle-left part of the screen; a new window will pop up.
    • Scroll down and you will find 9 options; click on the fourth option from the right and second option from the top (the one with a black-hat witch picture).
    • Enter the referral code of your friend. Since Magna's code has 2 out of 10 uses left and I dunno if you can contact him from here since he requested notificationto keep count, here's mine: 029 710 372

Medal Exchange Guide:
    • From the main menu, click on the "!" icon on the middle-left part of the screen; a new window will pop up.
    • Scroll down and you will find 9 options; click on the second option from the right and second option from the top (the one with a rainbow medal).
    • Look at the top-left part of the screen; that's the amount of medals you own.
    • Choose the reward you want to redeem with your medals and click on the red button with the amount of cost written below the card.

FAQ:
    • How can I know my own friend code? To see your own friend code and add others, click on the down right-most option from the main menu, then click on the one that has the magnifying glasses logo (down-right).
    • I cannot install the game from the Play Store since it said my device is not compatible! If the store said that your device is not compatible, just use the APK to install it. It should be able to work.

Important links:

Basic Guide - this guide fails to mention what the boot icon on main menu is. It's basically expedition. You get 3 and can get loot, gold, stamina and exp from doing them at no cost to yourself. Very profitable to do every time you level up! You can get SR and UR cards from them! [​IMG]
    Japanese Wiki
    English Community Blog
    Card Skill Guide
    Event Schedule Spreadsheet
    Japanese App Store Tutorial

How to download the game:
    Google Play | App Store | APK

* credit for the vast majority of the post goes to MagnAvalon found here: http://www.himeuta.net/f18-gaming-discussion/3358-kai-ri-sei-million-arthur.html *

2. Emries

To be fair, it's really high quality for a mobile game and bunches of people are using emulators to play it. There's a guide specific to how to get it on an emulator.

Did my first 4 player co-op raid cause I sucked at damages. And didn't know what proc'd her 45k hp heals and stuff

Fail Log:
    Run 1 - 3 crystals no drop. I discovered my Wild Hunt + some buffs = 70 to 80k aoe dmg total when all 3 targets are up. Feel slightly less like a sandbag.
    Run 2 - healer kept winking at me. 1 crystal no drop. I think someone almost disconnected near the end.
    Run 3 - 2 crystals no drop. I learned AoE could be potentially bad (makes her heal 45k twice) while fighting and became a party-wide-draw-bot until I could finish her off with the AoE.
    Run 4 - 0 crystals DOMOVOY GET! Party had targeting issues the first three rounds. I got hit maybe one time in the whole run. Then the burst was real. I would like to thank the academy and RNG for hating on my teammate

Not bad at all :p

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Looks almost like mine. I basically have the cheapest phone possible and splurge on Internet.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Samsung S390G. Phone is like 15 bucks and then it's 25 per month for 1000 minutes though I rarely use more than 600.

5. Emries

A few of my friends are using an emulator to play it. It works really well. You interested? I could get the guide from them :p

6. Emries

Not grindy at all.

7. Emries

Yeah it uses stamina but if you are co-oping or doing PUBs, you never run out of stamina because you use the room host's stamina. Besides that, I had a hard time even using all my stamina before I level at level 45. Levels for cards are pretty easy too - you get exp cards from expeditions (the boot icon) and like 8 drops each field :p

8. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

If the talk about stamina levels, mobile games, and crystals wasn't enough of a turn off, the weeaboo thumbnail certainly sealed the deal.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This is/was my phone. Had it from ~2004-2011 Had ONE scratch on the keypad. Then my sister suddenly decides to be nice, and wash my jeans with her clothes. -_- Haven't had a cell since.

Motorola V3xx Platinum
    [​IMG]

10. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Implying liking anything anime makes you a weeaboo. I might have been a bit harsh and I apologize. It's just that I really, really hate this visual style.

11. Emries

The co-op gameplay for high tier dungeon runs in KMA is pretty fun. I got really pumped up after my first co-op run but that's cause I barely survived probably. You can also communicate to your teammates despite being foreign with signs that open up on the tiny triangle tab on the right during a co-op. They say stuff but you can tell because it'll be an obvious icon like "target break off point!" (raids work like Monster Hunter series with break off points and shifting attack patterns based off of a lot of coordination stuff) :p