Discussion: Patch Notes: January 29th, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 29, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Blindfire procs on attacks even against the unit with the ability. That's a huge tick in its favor - it would be noticeable if Prodigy didn't already have Elusive. The difference between one viable target and no viable targets is a big one.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Looks like a solid patch, but I really havent been able to read everything for the moment.
    Gotta say, though, Camarederie giving a 3 nora refund is pretty laughable.
    Might as well remove the ability entirely and replace it with something else.

Tweek516 and KingJad like this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

So it is almost a combination of Counter Attack: Ranged and Sentinel.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Also, Im starting to think nothing will be done with KF bonus, which is pretty astonishing considering Sok is a go to guy and delaying this change will only contribute to not change it at all.

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Decent discussion going on here about it (at least mostly - it's the forums, there will always be zealot issues).

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/faction-bonus-change.10538/

6. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Completely agree, being able to trigger on self is a plus in the side of Blindfire so perhaps me arguing that it is "Objectively" superior was a tad hasty, I'd still hold that Sentinel>Blindfire with the argument that unlike CA:Ranged, which is a set-range divorced from the champions innate range, it's possible to work around Blindfire by exploiting champions min/max range.

In addition I'd argue that, when examining the champions that currently possess Blindfire: Elven Prodigy/Bowmage/Aspect of Infinity it is truly only Elven Prodigy that "Might" be a problem champion with the change. As it is Bowmage is hovering around the Shoebox and AoI hasn't seen meta-use in a decent while and so I'd argue that overall, both in the interests of ability consolidation and balance changes, removing Blindfire and replacing it with Sentinel would be an ok decision.

If the argument then becomes centered around Prodigy, simply remove Surge: Enemy as an upgrade choice on her U2 route leaving her with Strike/Surge: Ranger (?) and RoA 1/2/3. She then becomes a cheap, averagely fast support champ who can throw out a semi-decent RoA and provides some anti-range/melee benefit.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Would agree there might be a recost in order. The costs should perhaps be narrowed, but keep in mind that CA:R is valued at 10 nora.

Molosse likes this.
  8. Molosse

Aye, checked that before posting the quoted, as I said I'd still value Sentinel more and, beyond that, point out that CA:Ranged is a set X-8rng as opposed to the champions min-max rng which allows for more work arounds against Blindfire.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I like you.
    And you.

Senshu likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Too lazy to read so ignore if it's already been said. But Blindfire is either bugged or it has a description error. Like h0spy said, Blindfire has a range of 1-8, but the description says "In this champion's range" but you can still be attacked when engaged to Prodigy.

11. Molosse

Hasn't worked that way since previous this patch mate.

12. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

You do realize that changing a bonus isn't as simple as changing it to something else right? You have to evaluate every rune and see how it effects these runes and how they interact with the game; both from losing the bonus and from gaining a new bonus. In effect, you must revamp the entire faction. Oh I forgot. you aren't rational, just an ST zealot complaining about KF when ST is one of the top factions.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That's if you want to do it right. Changing a bonus is that simple; doing it well is something else entirely.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

How the fu ck is it 54 nora? No.dmg no attack crap stats and 1 terrible ability.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Blindfire hasn't been working as the description says since the revamp.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lol look at these knobs replies to @Pedeguerra s post about the KF bonus. Really guys, eat a ****. It needs to be changed yesterFirkingday.

17. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Very true. I think most players in the game, KF or not want the change to be done in an effective manner. This isn't something that should be rushed.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Totally agreed: something that big needs deliberation and care.

19. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

This Patch is Amazing. <3

20. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Guys, the reason sentinek is 6 nora while better than blindfire who is 15 nora is very simple. Sentinel was made for st, a dev favourite factikn, with many op abilities now and in the past, like nokando, majestic etc. Blindfire is mainly for kf and hence has a big cost, because devs dknt like kf and think kf must be always in disadvantage because of the speed bonus and because alot of metakids on forums keep saying kf is op.

This can be described as the "kf effect" or "kf modifier". Im sure we can come up with many other examples. For instance, when aa was nerfed 3 times, it always kept its cost the same. Isnt that strange? Should it not lose nora cost when it is made less good? Because thats how it usually works in other factions. :) :)