Improved A.I.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iiiioooque, Jan 31, 2015.

1. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

Hey guys ....

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's witnessed the uttermost stupidity from the A.i. in poxnora PvE.

Now, this proposal comes from someone that doesn't know anything about programming or online games design, so i really don't know what's at stake here. Nontheless ...

I wanted to know if it would be possible to improve gradually this feature in the game.
    I suggest creating different levels of A.I, and not like in campaign mode (higher difficulty basically means rule bending and ridiculous amounts of champs deployed when no nora is available), I mean really logic moves from the A.I.

I.e. :

Level I - A.I. is just like it is know ... dum as a damn rock, deploying in chasm, wasting AP attacking insted of contesting fonts and so on ... so on ...

Level II - A.I. gets improved to a point that it doesn't deploy creatures in chasm, has avatar already and doesn't waste AP on stupid moves.

Level III - A.I. is really improved to be "smart", meaning it would save AP's , it would transfigure it's avatar, use spells wisely, only when there's a chance to kill a champ, contest using relics, use stealth champs .... all the works.

Again ... I really don't know if it's possible to program such changes, and even if it is, I reckon it would take a lot of time.
    But on the other hand, it would make the whole comunity play better. Newbies would be improving a lot more by playing higher difficulty A.I's, and rewards would be given accordingly to the difficulty.

Let me know what you guys think ... And the ins and outs of programming this ...

Sunutsu likes this.
  2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

It'd be nice to have better AI. I play so many skirmishes that when I go to PVP I make a million mistakes and get slaughtered since I forget real people aren't as predictable

Sunutsu and Pathfnder like this.
  3. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Same here Skirmishes make me a terrible player.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I can relate. Learned LoL by bot matches, and that taught so many bad habits. Namely positioning, and over aggression. Took me forever to get over it. If PvE is supposed to be an intro into PvP the main point of the game. Then why is the PvE "Tutor" so moronic?

5. iiiioooque

I personally don't play that much skirmishes ... but I'm thinking of new people that come to play the game for the 1st time, they face a peanut brain for an adversary!

Then they go out to play against real players ... and boom, they get runover by trucks and quit the game because they can't handle such an experienced community of veteran players.

Then we see posts here in the forums about lernaing that loosing is part of the game! Sure ... but we can do something to change the leraning curve and the overall gameplay experience! And this would have a big impact on marketing for sure!!

6. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Um if you make lvl 3 rewards always exos or legendary or even extended runes then I'm ok but I like the way it is. I know it's stupid but at least I get my free runes I need really fast.

7. Steelation

Steelation New Member

I agree. While it is possible to upgrade their AI, they have more pressing concerns to deal with...in more than a few places.

But I think the most minimum amount of AI revamp is very much required. At least they should prevent the AI from deploying units in chasm squares and equipping its own units with debuffing items. And yea, fix the AI themes so that Kartch or Garin doesnt get roadkilled right on deployment.

8. iiiioooque

This is some of the things I'm aiming against ...

It's so easy for a person to get free runes, with no struggle what so ever. That doesn't even fill the base objective of PvE, meaning, a preparation for PvP.

Attention, i'm not saying to remove the rewards, I'm saying to make them adequate to a revamped level of A.I. player ...

9. Revengercm

Um but even then I have to waste 10 hours to get one legendary. How many legs are in the game?

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd say twice as many as however many champs in the game, roughly.

Tweek516, Rokkushun and Molosse like this.
  11. Ishalia

Ishalia The King of Potatoes

From what I understood of the OP, he's saying to have 3 levels of A.I. difficulty. If you want to just farm your skirmish runes, you can still select level 1(which would be the same as it is now).

I think it's a good idea to improve the A.I. However, it would be rather time consuming to get everything you want. Once they get their map issues fixed, the issue with them chasming their own champs should sort itself out. I also think it wouldn't take too much programming to get the A.I. to "conserve" their ap(to save 4 ap OR to attack if they can). This would help a lot since I usually just let them rush into me and then I one-round their champ since I know exactly what they're going to do.

12. Revengercm

well maybe extended runes but no exos or legs can be acquired if you play lvl 3 and lvl 2 exos n legs are %50 more.

13. iiiioooque

You're already discussing the rewards without even considering what aspects could be changed in the difficulty levels ... if you want to just farm, go play lvl1 easy skirmishes ...

Still, i think the rewards could vary from tokens, core runes and some gold ...

@Ishalia
    Do you know about programming? how much code do you think it requires to have the A.I respect the '4AP rule' ?

14. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yay, now we get more goodies for circus + solitary garu shrine murder decks

15. Revengercm

That is what I'm doing and sure np.

16. iiiioooque

Good point ... i've used it before and got tired of farming like that.

If the A.I was adjusted accordingly, your stealthed garu would be found before even reaching the first enemy font!
    I mean, on lvl3 A.I. difficulty, there would be decks properly built with detection and other forms of countering the usual farming decks ...

17. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Getting to a font? You scry till all runes revealed, deploy garu and time slip it and horrific mutation and ST shield it, you run it to their shrine, you dmg buff and 2X quicken and you win.

18. Ishalia

Ishalia The King of Potatoes

I do, but Poxnora is a really old game and the code is apparently a mess. Therefore it's difficult to say how long it might take to update the A.I. Though, I would say getting it to just respect the 4 ap rule wouldn't take very long at all. Moles or Gedden would be able to answer the question a lot better than me though!

19. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

I have asked that they make a better A.I several times. They always say it will require a ton of time so I just wait now and hope it happens in the next several months. I try to make the game fun by doing skirmish since I face a different bg every round which makes it fun.

20. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

No we don't need better A.I. we need to focus on balance and making more balanced runes. Not A.I. Firk A.I. get your priorities straight