Any advice?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by BravesSP, Feb 2, 2015.

1. BravesSP

BravesSP The King of Potatoes

Hi guys,

I'm ''new'' to poxnora, well, I played a couple years ago, and just came back, but I'm not doing PvP, only campaign ans skirmishes, but I want to go in the PvP competition. So I tried to do a BG on my own, because I don't know pretty well the connection between all the IS champions (and yes I read several post to learn), so if you guys have some advice for me on my BG or for any upgrade can you let me know please? :) I want to learn! :)

FF IS BG: http://poxbase.com/deck/cpPc2+coJCjkCjjc13ck7c9ncgac7Bcd1cwncy@s5Xslsvs6Ms5GsPs87sKs69rYehe2OE3ie_

Thanks for anyone who will help!

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Well, as i can see most of your battle group is composed by Barbarians, and the best person who can give you some advice about barbs is @Thbigchief

3. BravesSP

Ok thanks, I'll wait for any advice from him if possible!

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Hey find me in game for more in depth, so many people ask this...and its hard to tell how interested you are by just a thread. So as stated above , do you like barbarians or are you just looking for meta? Assuming your going with barbs....A quick overview of your deck would just be:

- Sadly warchief is not in a great synergistic place right now, and the rune based synergy is lacking hard right now for Barbs. Sadly what ends up happening is your deck focuses around "Incite Rage" shenanigans. It's too powerful not to utilize but likely gives the "Theme" a false power rating paired with Bastion the Avenger for silly one turning of champs.

- Your deck contains non-barbs which is typical and further shows the lack of synergy, you have the scarlet for meta range...and the Angel of Mercy for alt damage/support. Ironically since the theme itself lacks incentive to stack barbarians this is what happens... especially with Barbarian/beast decks which is prolly the most powerful version of barbarians. But if you stray too far then you should just make a meta deck.

- First Id cut the "Barb spells" which actually make barb decks weaker since there are better options...this shouldn't be the case but for now cut out pride of sarng. (which just very rarely is worth the drop, your either dropping it for just assault or one skirmish vs melee opponent which is typically always going to be inefficient). Warchief inaug. was arguably worth it back when Zedin and bastion had 2 warchiefs potential and could gain a significant buff from this spell but since they only have one warchief now its not worth it imo.

- Id add a second Wild Chieftain simply because incite is too good. It is likely the problem that Barbs face when balancing them fairly sadly..but again incite is going to be your whole goal in matches.

- Your battlegroup looks more phalanx-y then I think barbarians need to be played but to each their own. I'd cut the Stalwart defender since your not running the relic "ground shaker" which is a gimmick to knock enemies out of fonts and steal them with the defender. Also running the equipment hammerheart platemail which is typically reserved for Talgar due to its free ability gained for him equipping it, Id drop that as well.

- I'd consider going with a mini-beast module. Add 2x houndmaster...and 2x B.Huntress (boar is a beast) . The spells are up to choice, but I'd cut one tactical manual (one is usually enough ...even though its "OP" heh) Mounted hawkmaster is sooo efficient and then you could arguably cut an unobstructed view. Interrogator I have a soft spot for as well...but a pitfighter is a better side font harasser and better shock trooper in general. I'm not a huge fan of elite skirmisher either but that's a preference and it is a beast too. I'd consider going huntress swaps for them. Exemplars are legendary and not as great as they used to be...but Martyrdom next to incite is prolly the best barbarian based abilities...also has unstoppable for great incite target...saves AP with beserker.

BravesSP likes this.
  5. BravesSP

Thank you, I'll change some runes with your advice and see how confortable I am with new BG