Grundelwulf Alpha

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I'm 4 legendaries off to have every rune I want in my bgs and since I don't want to run ugly imps and goblins (sorry) I want something new from UD and was curious if Grundelwulf race/theme could be created. This would be = to a werewolf theme for UD.
    [​IMG] Spread the love. Nobody likes me.

2. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

A Grundelwulf theme would have to be careful not to tread on the feet of the Kanen which are already very doggy themed with Pack Mechanics and such.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He wants a BG full of deep wounds.

4. Revengercm

No I want something new for UD. It's all demons and elfs. I wonder why do they keep making more when everything else needs way more. I saw puppet master as well and idk if a FF UD puppet theme could be a good idea. I brought grundelwulf alpha because I see nobody use him so why did they make him? First time I saw him asked myself and yet I'm still asking.

I know is is very doggy but we have lonx and leoss, elfs and deep elfs. I would like them stuff making themes for 5 expansions like overdone themes. I like shadow rake but his stasis makes me only to deploy 1 in 10 matches and that if I'm winning for my font will be contest. The vanguard was a let down for me. The rest were good but mostly the stoker. So 1 out of 5 runes were actually extending something from UD. I know it takes time and I'm not rushing but I want to know where are they going with this.

5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

But UD are demons and elfs...

6. Revengercm

Yeah I get it like undead for FW but for the gameplay and bgs creation limits they should make new stuff.

7. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Waiting for Deep Elves to become a theme since Grimlic's Descent.

Leadrz, Morfeas and HiveLord like this.
  8. HiveLord

WTB Drizzt, complete with Onyx Panther.

9. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Oh dear goodness no.

I just want them detached from Demons since that label excludes them from ever receiving the "champions that share a race" type of an ability, let them be Demonkin alike Dragonkin in SL for Demon Shield and beacon if they really need that. Right now Deep Elves are not much more than demons with pointy ears. And boobs, more often than not.

mortal ix and HiveLord like this.
  10. Ishalia

Ishalia The King of Potatoes

grundelwulf racial - lycanthropy - When this champion attacks another champion, on the next full moon that champion will turn into a grundelwulf alpha under the opponent's control :rolleyes:

Clearly balanced!

11. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

I actually think the idea of human lycans who transform into grundelwulves only on the opponent's turn is a really cool idea. (Not the part about opponent's control)

Plus, they could re-design Darkness to have lycanthropy proc during your turn, or something.

I think there are some really cool potential mechanics there.

mortal ix and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Revengercm

Well if you make it trigger few turns later it wouldn't be bad. It doesn't matter really. I just want something new and they could have the demon race with no problems. It's just I want a new race. I guess the reason they added minos is because their rivalry with the centaursKF but I like the werewolf idea because werewolves and vamps could have a rivalry.

13. HiveLord

Ok, so... Ancient Cult of Demon Worshippers.

They're all Mages by Default, Ranged Champions etc. But they have a long cooldown ability (like 6 or 8 rounds) that turns them into a Melee, Regenerating Beatstick for like 3 or 4 rounds.
    So you have to balance moving your new Melee in, then moving the reverting ranged back out. It'd have an almost tidal feel about it.

The general idea seems like fun. Definitely not something for noobs.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Revengercm

Wow that sounds really cool but I wonder if they go like that how will grundelwulf and grundelwulf alpha change if they go like that. It's all about the devs wanting to make it. Also it seems better to post ideas in general because I have no replies on my maxxarek's castle as a new map idea and a new rune but I personally would like the castle.

15. HiveLord

To save them from having to make human sprites for these, it'd probably be best to just adjust their fluff slightly so that those two were permanently stuck in Beast-mode.
    Which is partially why they didn't stay in hiding with the others and were seen long before the others popped up.

16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

By the looks of things, UD is developing the Vothsair theme and starting to develop on Cacodemons. I also think it would be pretty neat if UD got Warlocks, that focused around turning yourself or target champ into WW's, Vampires, Ghosts etc.

17. Revengercm

Caco demons? I think too many vothsairs will be too much. Whole bg of arrow eater, 2x2 champs. We'll see but I like vothsairs to be something unique and again. They're played in regular demon bgs. Unless they make cool synergies like Vanguard, which I don't like then I could see it. Still would prefer grundelwulf or even a puppet theme.

18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

19. Revengercm

Well Vothsairs not being 2x2 is something will take time to get used to. These cacodemon are planned to be just red balls? That is less appealing than the imps. Maybe if they extend the goblin I might try it.

20. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

At the start of your turn, if you have less than X runes revealed, transform this minion? You could turn off auto rune revealing. Then the transformation goes the other way for more than Y reveals (maybe like X=15, Y=25). Transformation wouldn't need to be more powerful persé.