Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I think u should think twice before nerfing kf bonus, considering kf is not so strong as statistics has shown.

Anyway, for the proposed change, and for the sake of the habit kf players like me, please leave the +1 max ap for splits too. We kf players are used to save 5 ap each turn, it will be so complicated to unlearn that when u play splits. For me this is rather a nerf of splits actually and the intention was said to make kf split stonger. Instead of removing the +1 max ap for splits, u could change it to +1 ap per 4 enemy champs for splits to compensate.

Or just leave the split bonus as it is now, no + ap at all for split is even better than to remove the +1 max ap i think. Its all about habit for us very few kf splitters...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. polltroy

How can u say like that? To me its a nerf to split and a small compensation for loosing +1 speed for FF. This is BS, especially considering after recent nerf rounds, KF is third worst faction according to statistics.

Focus instead on nerfing any of the top factions. Either their meta champs or their super faction bonus. Maybe u can start with faction nr 1 or factio nr 2 or why not faction nr 3 or faction nr 4? Alternatively, try to find some way to buff the 4 "bad" factions including kf. Maybe make some kf thesme runnable again. Garu can be corrected by resetting garu, kodiak and gdm with small ability changes.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  3. polltroy

But the solution for this is to kick the devs in the ass and make them correct Champs and make Champs in a correct way for KF in the future, NOT to take away the Classic KF bonus, making KF some kind of late game reeinfocement passive defenders. Give this to SL, it could fit better. KF are supposed to be quick and weak, not UBER good in late game but super bad in early game 1vs1 and font contesting etc. This is exactly the kinds of moves that make hard core oldies like me to lose interest in this game.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I do wish the split bonus could have +AP Cap, too. Apart from that, I am excited for things like deploy Mena and Attack, deploy E. Mage and Teleport, or deploy E. Bard and Battle Hymn.

5. polltroy

Yea that all sounds cool - in full faction when enemy has 8+ champs out or in split when enemy has 12+ champs out. But at that time game is already booring or a winner decided already. Usually kf dont want to continue deploy troops at this time in game and relies at spells. When kf commu ity gonna realize this bonus change is some trick. It all sounds good, but in reality its useless as its activated in a time of the game when kf has already lost or already won, but gor sure does not need those extra few ap for deploys.

Besides that this new bonus is not at all thematic and confusing for new players as well. Only cool thing i can see qith bonus is that some ranged units gets initiative, meaning it will be dangerous to stay within 7-8 squares from any kf deployment zone if u have 6+ champs out. So either charge kf properly or stay on large distance. No fighing near kf deployment zones!!

6. polltroy

Maybe now KF will have their Power turns too? Like what SL can do with one spell, KF can do with the faction bonus. I like for instance the combo:

Deploy E bard + ranged champ for a ranged attack after moving 3 Squares. Or Deploy condor fury with 7 ap + 4 + elven bard = 13 ap: 5 to move and 2 attacks.

7. Cubellios

Cubellios Well-Known Member

Why not just remove faction bonuses and let the runes reflect the so called "flavor". Font bonuses are cool tho, keep those.

8. polltroy

Good idea except then the game lose 20% of the players straight away when UD faction lose its OP faction bonus...

9. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why can't we just get +1 speed every other turn and leave the split bonus the same? Someone please explain why that would not be a good bonus because it only slows us down a little without completely getting rid of our current bonus?

10. Cubellios

Cubellios Well-Known Member

NO.
    I doubt it, considering every faction is losing their OP bonuses as well. Maybe some champs would need readjustment tho.. well not maybe, almost forsure lol.

11. KPIC

Dude, did you read the post? I said explain. Anyone can just say, "No!"

12. Xirone

That sounds easy but it actually forces the KF player to keep track of the bonus quite a lot. On the turn it doesn't have +1 SPD you can end the turn with 5AP because of the AP CAP bonus and the +1 SPD it will get on the next turn. On the turns it has +1AP the champions can only store 4AP because the champs will lose 1AP CAP at the beginning of the next turn. The opposite player also has to micromanage the bonus just as much to evaluate the threat range. Again, your idea sounds easy but creates a lot of hassle for both players.

Edit: Not to mention champions will still have to have their SPD created with the bonus in mind.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  13. KPIC

First off, thank you for taking the time. Second, aren't we already doing that no matter what bonus we get? AP counts happen per round anyway. Would you argue that countering a permanent +1 speed is easier than countering a +1 speed every other round?

14. Xirone

In a way it is easier but forcing the opponent to keep track of every champion's SPD status would be a feat to achieve. Keep in mind that with your bonus, depending on when the champion was deployed, some champs would gain +1 SPD on different turns than others. The opponent would have to keep track of which cycle each champion is on, in addition to everything else the opponent normally has to consider. The current bonus is much simpler by comparison (but more powerful).

15. KPIC

I get that, on the surface, it seems like the way to go, every champ is tracked differently. But my thought is simple: give +1 speed on odd rounds and not on evens, according to the internal round counter. Also, leave the AP cap set to the limit it was given on odd rounds. This way, tracking is easier, but we slow down some.

16. Xirone

Possibly then! :)

17. polltroy

Fellow KF players. Lets try not to accept these "changes" as they were proposed before we had the meta data to prove our feeling that KF is not so OP like it was said.

Also lets try to unite to that the most important is to keep KF and KF splits the ability to save 5 ap, not 4. This is the most unique for our faction and the thing we want least to go away, its the feeling of KF, its our way of playing.

Third, lets agree if they really must nerf the speed part, they should compensate with some other thematic bonus as well as correct many of our champs who have been prenerfed in the past to have lower speed than other factions similar champs. This may result in some of our champs will become more expensive, but on other hand we will get some other cool new bonus to play around with.

Forth, don't let them nerf our split bonus. There are so few who play split and even those who said KF is OP in the past, still agreed the problem is just FF. So if they nerf our Split bonus, its just hilarious racism by the devs and others. Simply don't let them do that.

And fifth, yea it sounds cool with a mini initiative, but remember, the benefit of initiative is less and less the longer into the game you are. And its a huge difference to get 1 or 2 ap per enemy champ and to get 1 per 2 or per 3 enemy champs. In most games it means we will get 1 ap extra as max, maybe 2, but in late game. This 1 extra ap is just first round and only first round it gives us the same like we got every round before by the speed. It all sounds cool with up to 4 ap extra, but lets face it, when and if we get 4 ap, its already late game and basically no need for placing more champs.

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

only problem i can see with ap cap is that its only useful 40% of the time firstly you need to save your ap most of your turns just so you can ureach that cap
    second saving ap will make it susceptible to anti-ap abilities like drudgery punish and sapping blow or snapping beam

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

You say some pretty dumb Bane Shift, but this tops the cake....

This part right here is entirely false, there are many practical ways to use AP on deploy in the late game, and especially in the mid. While it's not what we have now and just isn't comparable to an active stat bonus, it has many applications and in some cases could even be overpowered. We have to take these things seriously, and listening to an opinion like this isn't going to help us move forward. Change is happening, keep up or be left behind.

DarkJello, Xirone and Etherielin like this.
  20. polltroy

Well this is my opinion, of course these tings are subjective and depend on playstyle and preferences. Obviously there are a few KF players who seems to want this nerf to happen. I don't know why, but so it seems.