Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I posted my thoughts in your quote.

im also convinced pride/soul cost too much for how situational they are. they only trigger if a very select portion of your champ lineup is in play and in proximity. the stat bonus abilities damage and defense both cost 2 nora for a 1 point increase per rank and are always active. I think pride and soul should cost half of the rank value for being situational and tied to a racial that needs another champ out to activate. currently both pride and soul cost 5 nora. in my opinion pride should cost 4 nora and soul should cost 2 nora. this I think would help the theme as a whole if not directly the cost of champs like the outrunner.

@Sokolov
    individual champ suggestions aside, what are your thoughts on the costing of the pride and soul abilities. I ask this in regards to how you are currently pricing the sigil abilities for what they give and their situational nature.

2. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Is there any discussion on removing charged abilities from the game?
    I for one enjoyed them and liked the alternate AP resource.
    Others felt it took away from the game and also made things more complicated and harder to balance.
    If you look through the recent expansion releases i think you'll find where they openly said they wanted to limit/remove them and we barely got charged interactions.

Which is interesting because i thought after charged mechanics were introduced we would get more diverse interactions.
    Granting charged actions (attack charged, charged heal, etc.).
    New charged abilities such as +dmg for every 4 charges or +def for every 4 or +1 range for every 6 , multiattack at +8 , charged block or dodge for 2 charge cost ...etc..
    Also new charged interactions to counter charged units. Like sea song...and is it metamagic?? Or a reverse Eradicate dealing dmg to the target for x amount of charges
    Spells that may be like AoE 3 units in area gain 4 charges and take 2 magic dmg for each charge gained this way

Just more interactions and abilities to follow. Instead people found it problematic (was the message i got) so they severely limited charged interactions, removed some, changed some units that had it, made others that had it useless and barely made more.

So since i do believe that Maljara is where Charges really picked up...i thought this might be the right place for discussion and also to see Sok and the rest of DOG's stance on it.

3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

No I mean that reconstructing each stitch wiill cost 10 nora.

So Now reconstruct x will read: Spend 10 Nora, Target Stitched Remains relic within 3 spaces is destroyed and a Level 1 x is spawned in the location the relic occupied. This ability shares a CD with other Reconstruct abilities.

4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

give him back his 2 auras. That was the Bane Shift.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Sentinel of aliur
    He not really used much only 1 in top 200 meta but i think he could be really useful as font defender
    -5 damage and -5 Health
    add font blessing to the base
    U2 will have soul of Aliur, Defender 3 , Font Defender
    (this wont fix why it isn't run often. it will make him cheaper sure, but animate/immobile is the real problem here. honestly I would rather see mobilize engine, atk: physical, and speed set to 1 on base, and then remove animate and immobile, this would allow the emergency first turn deploy. keeping stats as is and the speed set to 1 there is roughly 6 points of abilities able to be added to base and have the same cost as dragon engine which sees a lot more play. at that point the discussion becomes do we want it cheaper on deploy or to come into play with an extra ability. im open to either design but the leoss purist in me thinks it should be soul of ailur to base with the same deploy cost as D Engine and then leave upgrade path 2 with just font blessing or font defender allowing the option of customization with choosing either a defensive role or an offensive one.)

I really would prefer this but the problem is it has no interaction with immobile which is -30 nora my plan isn't to mae it run more often but just become more usable without having it being to OP. Thats why i suggested font blessing but i would have liked having soul of aliur on the base as well

You do realise they buffed pride and soul a while back it already as cheap as it can get.

6. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

Stitched large stitched runes should not drop 2 relics, only a select few like the ones that can merge, stitch magearm etc.

Skeezick likes this.
  7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Tortalleon Gunbattery needs Tremor again Dx

Tortun Minelayer to 6spd and something else instead of explosive attack on the Upgrade path. (last one optional)

Tortun Repeater: remove lay trap, add it something more usefull like "Aim", "preparation" or whatever to make it worth paying the supression fire..

The rest i dunno

8. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I would love to see some of the non-favored tortuns redone.

Favored, Galesinger, Ground Pounder's big brother Slam-hamma, Inventor

On the same note, can we Firking make Tortun Mortar a glass cannon again? The idiocy of having a ponderous champ with 4 spd and a snipe range makes me want to punch a baby square in the face and then lay waste to it's village

God damn this pisses me off. I am so butt hurt right now.

9. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Actually both have been costed at 5 Nora since DOG took over and set costs to all abilities. The stat costing algorithm has been tweaked and ended up favoring leoss as a whole but the base ability as far as I can find hasn't ever been recosted.

But consider this, you have to pay 10 Nora (beyond the remaining total cost of the 2 champs) for 1 champ to get 4 damage and another to get 2 def and they must be in proximity. That is by no means cheap or consistently doable. In comparison, loyalty has a less limiting caveat, and only cost 8 nora for 1 champ to get a bigger buff, verses 10 Nora for 2 champs to get small butffs. Frankly loyalty may be undercosted, but it still remains that pride and soul are overcosted.

These kind of stat/ability costings are keeping the leoss army of Rambo units down and underperforming.

Thbigchief likes this.
  10. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Meld: X This champion and target adjacent Stitched are removed from play and a X is deployed in their place. X comes into play with a % of his maximum HP equal to the average % of the removed Stitched.

Pride of Ailur: This champion has +1 Damage for each opposing champion within 4 spaces. When you deploy a champion with Soul of Ailur, heal this champion for 3 HP.
    Soul of Ailur: This champion has +1 Defense for each opposing champion within 4 spaces. When you deploy a champion with Pride of Ailur, this champion gains 1 AP.

Tortun's Trade: For 1 turn, whenever this unit successfully attacks, you gain 2 nora for every other friendly Tortun.

Just my ideas :D

jayscales1 likes this.
  11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Pride of Ailur: This champion has +1 Damage for each opposing champion within 4 spaces. When you deploy a champion with Soul of Ailur, heal this champion for 3 HP.
    Soul of Ailur: This champion has +1 Defense for each opposing champion within 4 spaces. When you deploy a champion with Pride of Ailur, this champion gains 1 AP.

sounds awesome but most of the time when you end up getting spammed
    1 defence per champ most of my champs have average of 5-6 defence after soul with this change they have over 8 def average ;)

jayscales1 likes this.
  12. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I think that this might get Stitched nerfed faster than anything.

13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Alot of tortuns just need +1 speed.

14. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Oooh. That triggered a thing. Since Leoss were supposed to be good at individually kicking ass, what if their racial somehow supported that? I am thinking of this as similar to Divine Favor vs Heal Champion (Divine Favor heals champions no matter how far away, so they can keep being far away on the front lines, rather than wait for the support).
    In fact, I like Wraith's proposal for Leoss racial! I am not an experiencded Leoss player though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

15. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

But doesn't attack X cost Nora?

16. FrostWing

FrostWing New Member

I like the idea for the leoss not being restricted by having a pride and soul champion within 4 spaces. However, most of the time there are only a few opposing champions on the field and mostly they are far from each other. Making it hard to have more then 2 within 4 spaces. At the occasion there are more then 2 or 3 champions within 4 spaces you probally don't even want your champion there.

This is my suggestion. Pride of Ailur champions want to duel with other champions while Soul of Ailur champions want to keep as many opposing champions occupied. I think this way the ability works better for the role champion has.

Soul of Ailur: This champion has 1 rank of tough for each opposing champion within 4 spaces. When you deploy a champion with Pride of Ailur, this champion gains 1 AP.

Pride of Ailur: This champion has + 5 damage damage. This champion has -1 Damage for each opposing champion within 4 spaces. When you deploy a champion with Soul of Ailur, heal this champion for 3 HP.

17. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Could it be a 2-3 HP buffer rather than a heal? Otherwise it would get kinda annoying "wasting" half of an effect due to draws.

18. FrostWing

FrostWing New Member

Agree with this.

19. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

loss of life is also +7

20. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

And where is the racial? Racial means synergy.
    Your assumption makes every Leoss a meta champ without the need of playing them in a Leoss deck.

Another Point: Most Leoss champs are expensive. On deploy effects would be a bad thing to have for them. Have a look on Mirefolk and the IS Flyers deploy effects and compare the powerlevel of the deploy effects with their nora costs.
    One more thin: Building a racial around a effect that can be controlled by your opponent doesn't sound like a good idea for me. Its nice for individual champs but not if every champ on the field got that effect.

Let's keep the on deploy racial on Flyers and Mirefolk and search for something that has a own and unique mechanic.