Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

So the Leoss with flamestrike + cone would get 0 Nora increase if he gained attack Magic?

2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I thought magic and frost and fire each cost 2 nora? but you can always remove vuln poison from arcanis to bring his cost back up some.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Whether a champion would get a cost increase for getting an attack depends on whether he is getting a manual modifier for not having one (but still having to pay for DMG and/or RNG).

But it is true that Passive a placeholder ability for such a cost adjustment no longer exists, so it is up to me to go in and do it manually.

4. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Point 1: Not really, it's not that big of a racial in meta.
    Point 2: I know, and the racial can be balanced around that (bigger CIP effects for example than in other themes).

Extra Note: This is just my suggestions as a player, and me having fun. Only Sok has final say on this stuff.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Etherielin likes this.
  5. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Tortun's Trade-Passive ability- Every turn the first attack this champion makes gets +2 dmg and if successful the owner gains 2 nora. If the champion is destroyed by the first attack, the owner gains 2 nora and the opposing champions owner loses 2 nora. If the opposing player can't lose 2 nora, the shrine takes 2 dmg instead.

Tortuns are gun toting pirates with siege weapons. Get it straight mate.

6. FrostWing

FrostWing New Member

The fact that the racial is controlled partly by the opponent, is the part i like. The opponent can cluster his champs to decease the effect of Pride of Ailur or spread out to decrease the effect soul of Ailur. (this is according to the suggestion i did.) Fun is the opponents can choose which poison he likes best.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

we already have magnate blessing which gives boost damage AND defence according to the number of champs around it plus it has majestic for anti-melee

8. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Your idea is to give all Leoss a mini version of spur.
    The problem I see is that this mechanic would make Leoss weak in early game and 1 vs 1, both something they should excel in. The only thing your opponent needs to do is search for 1 vs 1 situations and your Leoss bg will fail. This would work for soul and pride.

Don't understand me wrong. Some kind of mini Spur is not bad, in the contrary. But please not as a racial. Racial = synergy not 1 ability that would make a champ a very good include in almost all bg's.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Can we do something about timothy the vile?He can completely shut down a stitched bg.

badgerale likes this.
  10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Also stitched magearm is a really cool rune in concept and art,it could use some rework,as well as stitched merged and stitched mesmer.

11. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

mesmer is not bad,merged would be beast tank with some nora reduction

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

There should be more reconstruct options..

Arise should also make mesmers and stitchlings and no magicians(those should be only craftable by First and Kiergana and Sarinda)

Just my 2 cents.

13. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

1.) The KF FF bonus must be dealt with. Either make them split faction again, add some condition if they are played in split faction, or change the KF FF bonus. Removing the Split Faction ability on them is where they became silly.
    2.) Tortun's Trade. Put it back to base, and give them real upgrade options again. Change it to a passive effect again, with the range it currently has. If some need to lose a base ability to make that happen, that's fine, but not all will need that.

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

overly complex, and everyone hates manually activating tortun's trade

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

For Leoss, how about this:

Pride of Ailur:

If the enemy controls more champions than you, this champion gains X whilst a friendly Leoss is within 5 spaces.

Where X is some sort of buff, could be stats like +3 damage and +3 defense or maybe something more interesting.

16. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about something like:

Pride of Ailur: If a friendly Leoss is within 5 spaces, this champion gains Courage and Encroached.
    Soul of Ailur: If a friendly Leoss is within 5 spaces, this champion gains Enlightened and Blessed

Keeps it simple and flavourful. Prides can become big damage dealers (not outright however), while Souls become tanks. In both cases, they need other leoss around to make it a little less splashable, while also not granting instant power.

17. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Matriarch Sarinda could definitely use some buffs. Compare her to another split hero, such as Timothy the Vile, and there is no doubt that Matriarch Sarinda is the weaker champ.

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Leoss should NOT have a proximity based racial. I repeat...Leoss should NOT have a proximity based racial. I'd say all Soul champs gain +def for every Y amount of Pride champs...and Pride champs gain +dam for every Soul champ...or same for same. To that effect..numbers tweaked for balance

19. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

That's a little contradictory to their design of being few, (which might just be flawed design in this more swarmy meta)

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yes.
    Im under the opinion that for every race, class, role, etc, lore and flavor should be kept when discussing balance, even if it makes things harder to do so.

Kampel likes this.