The Greenies!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KTCAOP, Feb 27, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

All you need to do is:

1. give him green powers ingame and let him play some games every day
    2. stream his games
    3. enjoy getting tons of viewers because of how awesome his godpower trolls are

2. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Does that mean people like James Ryman, Matt Dixon or Antony Lopes will no contribute with rune art? Do not get wrong, I like your style, is just I love the variety Pox Nora had to offer in rune art and sprites, I think it was one of its stronger points.

KTCAOP and xRugolth like this.
  3. Justmatel

Justmatel The King of Potatoes

Nice to meet all of you guys!!! I can't wait to see you guys inaction when you get the handover

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It is pretty much a right time and place situation. I offered my services right before/at the time Desert Owl needed them, and now I've been with Desert Owl for almost 2 years.

Kampel and Onifrk like this.
  5. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Dixon, Ryman and Kasper freelance artists, we love their art and will continue to work with them (as well as many others) whenever we can.

Lopes just so happens to be a close friend with all three founders of Desert Owl. I would be surprised to not see his work in coming expansions!

Kampel, nitebane21, Onifrk and 3 others like this.
  6. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Another quick question, who among all of you, if any, will be in charge of story lore and the like? Or is it a colab effort?

Dagda likes this.
  7. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

As an old time player, and dev myself (not on pox), it is good to see you all taking this on. I have high hopes this will all work out not only for the community but also for each of you and DOG

Gedden likes this.
  8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Onifrk likes this.
  9. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Great to hear Lopes is working with you guys, after poking around poxbase the other day I was surprised to see how many runes he's done! I just posted an old interview with him, along with the concept art of his first champion rune, the Lonx Striker.

10. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

It's a collaborative effort in the long run to be sure. Pox is a big universe and there are many things happening.

One of the first things we did was contact a writer to start crafting a story (before the ink on the contract was dry!). The main story arc for the next two expansions was something we came up with together. It was a little difficult because as we stated before, the runes for the next expansion were drawn before took over pox.

Again, Pox is a big place, and there is more than one thing going on at any time -- there is always room for lore outside even the upcoming story arc. For example I have been playing with the idea for a new character class in pox. It's based a theme I have wanted to do for a long time, and its starting to come together now as the greater happenings in the lore really give it some room to breathe.

Onifrk likes this.
  11. ktm

ktm Member

hey gedden, i realize its not exactly the right location for this topic (in a thread to talk about the greens :D ) however you have opened a topic of conversation that i have an interest in.

new content.

i am an old MtG player (casual player but really enjoyed), and one theme really struck me as interesting and enjoyable, the artifact creatures and equipment decks. i would LOVE to see a similar theme here in pox.

i am picturing an ancient race of mechanical sentients, whose origin is lost to the histories, awakening in modern times. as a faction neutral race there could be many types of them across all factions.
    they would be "template" character runes, fairly bland descriptions, whose real ability would manifest when equipped with (thier race specific) artifact equipment. and each member of the race would gain a different ability from the same equipment.

lets call them... the 'Althen' (up to debate :D )

unit examples:
    Althen soldier- dual faction ironfist/sundered lands. a simple mechanical soldier.
    Althen skyreaver- Dual faction shattered peaks/ironfist, a fast attack heavy flying unit.
    Althen Deathwatcher- single faction forsaken wastes, an engery draining unit with aoe
    Althen heavy environmental probe- dual faction savage tundra/forglar swamp. a stealth unit, hit and run unit.

equipment examples:
    Althen supercharger- when equipped on skyreaver increases speed by 1 and +2 to damage, when equipped on soldier increase damage by 3 and hp by 1 etc.
    Althen weapons upgrade- when equipped on soldier increase range by 1 and chance to stun, when equipped on skyreaver single unit attacks gain a small aoe at 50% damage, on environmental probe provide chance to stun and a small DoT.

i know that you all have waaaaay lots on your plate right now, however if you could consider this.... i think it would be awesome.

12. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

man o man what a great team this got me excited.

PoxZuo can you tell me some of the other sprites you made. Like what is your favorite one.

and i really like the new owl one that we will get for free

13. stfn

stfn Member

You guys have tough road ahead but you also have the most loyal fanbase behind you. If SOE can't kill us, no one can!

14. PoxZuo

PoxZuo Administrator Octopi

I'm a little biased... I like the voil, and Ruubgaal is my favorite character so Ruubgaal is my favorite sprite. When I saw the rune art I made sure I got to do the sprite lol A couple other favs are the furbull baby and crawmangler. I like how those turned out.

Onifrk likes this.