Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

3/8 of those in meta are mine >.>, he's too expensive for not having a basic attack. The only reason he's run is because every other shatter for ST is trash

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Lolk. Yeti scout is so trash.

3. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

regarding soulstrike on EWS,

Whenever this champion successfully hits an opponent with a basic attack, target champion loses life equal to 25% of its max HP. This ability ignores immunities.

It has a magical attack as a basic attack.

Shouldn't the magical attack be dodge/blockable? It sounds like soulstrike should proc only if the magical attack actually hits.

4. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Is that meant to prove something? It just shows me that people build really wierd bg's. Hence the lack of Shadowstrikers, Scouts, Nokhan guides and Nokhan apprentices o_O

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Cast: Ghostly Visage and Invoke Hungry Mire cost 30 Nora each. Invoke also costs more AP than all the other Cast: X abilities (though it does share a short CD with Cauterize on the goblin).

Cast: Cauterize is 6 Nora, has the lowest range (being both single target and RNG 3) but a relatively low CD as well.

Cast: Alacrity is 10 Nora, has a moderate CD of 5.

As spells, Alacrity is 45 nora, Hungry Mire 35, Ghostly Visage 40, and Cauterize 35.

Seems to me that Cast: Ghostly Visage and Invoke Hungry Mire are rather over-costed, or the other Cast: abilities highly undercosted, or perhaps a bit of both.

-----------

On a related note: Why does Deploy: Artillery Marker cost more than Deploy: Land Mine? Both relics cost the same as individual runes, there's no difference in terms of range on either ability, or on CD, and Deploy: Artillery Marker even costs AP on top of all that where Deploy: Land Mine doesn't (and of course shouldn't given it's operation).

Thbigchief likes this.
  7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This begs for consilidation ... Also intimidating needs to be part of this. Just have arrow eater and sword eater....drop the damage gaining component and remove elusive/intimidating. Or remove the other idc.

8. Thbigchief

- RIP defiler knight .... This lame ability and others are the main culprit in a lot of legendary uselessness post revamp

9. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Cast abilitys do need a second look. especially ghostly visage is absurd expensive.

10. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Cast: X should almost always be an upgrade ability so they don't weigh down a rune's usefulness.

Thbigchief likes this.
  11. Thbigchief

- Especially since they are spells no one runs and very niche

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Make Thor the Thunder Boar a Demi-God Paladin

Edit: On a slightly more serious note, what is the reasoning behind Assassinate being unable to miss?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So if a champion doesn't have an upgrade listed, and an ability/effect tries to get their upgrades, it might potentially have problems.

Yes, abilities of course have values. The difference is if a spell does 10 damage, then when you want to change the damage value, you change it where it is, which is in the code. This is fine because not all spells do or have damage, and many spells do very unique things.

But things that ALL spells have, such as nora and cooldown, are in the database.

For champions/summons, deploying a unit requires SOME database entry - because that controls what artwork it displays and what sprite it has, it'll also control what stats, abilities and upgrades it has.

You CAN override these by specifying a specific SPD or HP value, for example, but that means it is now being changed during deployment to be slightly different than what it is. And no one will know this is happening unless you know the game really well, or are looking at the ability itself currently.

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

From a lore perspective, I always figured it was if you're able to take the time to be precise enough to do x2 or x3 damage, you're probably not going to miss. I can't really speak for game balance concerns, but it might just be intended as yet another way to get around dodge/block and the like. Sort of an alternative to Precision, with some potential play around since it isn't constantly available. Just a guess on that end though.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Assassinate had that clause long before Precision arrived - there was Block/Dodge back then already. It kind of makes sense to me.

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well often the theme is predicated on summoning so it would matter very little what the actual rune is. For spiders, you could summon 1 hp spider blobs that did nothing, they exist to feed surge as do skeles. Myx are predicated on the pooping out of drones as evidenced by the pupae and brood bond. Constructs also are built around a good deal of summons as the majority of the themes support runes have the ability to summon stuff.

There are also summons that have no base rune that get receive upgrades. I would assume all behave this way but I know the two serpents from the serpent master behave in such a fashion.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Barbs are forever doomed when it comes to their racial.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

FS Angel is only getting a switch of abilities (Regen 3 swapped to base and Transfer Life to Upgrade 1) which still has her being the same as she is now? I thought the problem with her was her healing capabilities + Enlightened?

19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The drone had charge and scour base before the revamp is memory serves. They were simply given to upgrades with the revamp as they were simple and the drone lost all of its interesting upgrades in the process. That is why you don't see drones run anymore. It used to have crushing charge, bravery, and a few other possible very nice upgrades. They are all gone, you get charge, you get scour. That is why you don't see the real drone because now it is no different from the summoned pupae.

The reason there is no consistency is because each change was made haphazardly without though for the other similar sets of things out there. That's why some summons still have upgrades and some don't. Should all summons lose upgrades? Yeah probably, but the reason there is no rhyme or reason is because it was all changed piecemeal.

20. Dreaddoll

Dreaddoll Devotee of the Blood Owl

Could we please add race: Vampire to Angel of Death, she is already present on the spell "vampirism" and she already has lifedrinker which is vampirish so it would be nice to add a little synergy with that god forskaken theme... wouldnt be too much would it?