5 SPDs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 10, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No muck dragon is a 60 hp champ with 3 def and 2 auras. He doesn't need 6 speed he is very efficient as is and very very underrated if he was given 6 speed people would bring out the nerf torches for fs again.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You realize that the extra SPD isn't going to be free right? That any rune going from 5 SPD to 6 SPD would get a nora cost increase to compensate?

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You do realize that much dragon with his auras does 8 damage to a champ next to it? He has 60 hp and 3 def and with the price increase would only be 65 nora. People would be calling for his nerf within a week or so that's the way the game works. Any champ with equal hp to nora ratio usually gets nerfed muck dragon with banner is 65 hp for 65 nora he would be nerfed.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Muck Dragon is mostly shoe-boxed at present (even in Poison Revolting Fentek is used more often for a source of Choking Aura). If gaining 1 SPD at the cost of going to 65-ish Nora makes it OP, then it'd still be OP at 58 nora with 5 SPD, and eventually people would figure that out and call for nerfs anyway.

At present, Muck Dragon is 58-ish Nora for 60 HP (and 3 DEF). People aren't going to complain about the nora price going up while the HP stays the same. If anything, based on a lot of comments on the forum (I know, not necessarily indicative of the playerbase as a whole) it'd be a welcome change, in terms of HP to Nora efficiency.

Muck Dragon would also still have tough competition with other cheap-meat options in a similar price range, so it's not like it'd become auto-include either.

Don't shy away from positive changes because of an unrealistic fear of over-reaction from other players. Even IF the buff results in it getting nerfed long-term, it'd still almost undoubtedly be an imporvement over it's current state.

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I have a strange feeling that muck dragon is pretty damn good, but people suck.

I might be wrong, though.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Groble Piledriver. His 5 Spd (Unless an armory is around), puts too great a damper on his ability to make good use of his Multiattack 1 and Fury.

sassquatch likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

AND HE SHALL BE AGAIN!

ItsQtotheT and PurpleTop like this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Bile Zombie would like to move up from 4.

9. Sokolov

Not seeing the benefit of this.

Sealer0, SPiEkY and Netherzen like this.
  10. Sokolov

We are moving away from 8 Space Fonts and Obsidian Wing has 6 SPD + Hook already anyway.

PurpleTop likes this.
  11. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Bile zombie needs to be cheap and he has exert for extra speed,he is amazing in worms right now.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think it is the same problem that Lumbering champs have. If a champ can't capture a font, it can't be used in the usual 15-16 champ slots in a BG. Otherwise you risk not being able to cap a font on your first move. If the FW bonus is changed in such a way that you can run less champs capable of capturing a font, then room would be made for Bile Zombie, but against FW's current spell set, Bile Zombie has a hard time fitting in most BGs.

Sure you can use Exertion, but then you're risking death before you're in position to use the death nova.

13. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Not if you play worms.I guess you could rework him so he is splashable and works in every bg but that seems kinda pointless to me.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Even in worms there's the issue with the deployment zone shrinking when you use bile zombie.

What if Exertion 1/2/3 was replaced with Shrine Exertion/Necrosis/Exertion 3? That would allow Bile Zombie to synergize with worms better. The deployment zone would shrink because it isn't a worm/arthropod, but would grow back from necrosis. For non Worm BGs, you could choose between gaining speed at the risk of your shrine or your champ's HP. I think Bile Zombie would see more play and could remain at speed 4.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think Bile is fine and dandy how he is. No need to mess with a neat bit of semi-theme synergy.

Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  16. Sokolov

I did a bunch of these, but this will be an on-going thing.

Ohmin and Beasts for life like this.