Nea you are Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Can you please post the stats for each faction in each category; in order of the best faction in each stat to the weakest. I have a feeling SP is a faction which has tanky units which have good damage. My attempts to recruit people for SP continue.

2. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

image.jpg

Not sorted by all the things but I had it ready, troll away.

Tweek516, Ishalia and Markoth like this.
  3. Vorian

We are a tanky faction but we dont have the damage I had hoped for. I blame the moga for that along with us having the lowest average nora cost. Thanks alot!

4. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

ST, expensive, mid damage, mid speed, mid min range, mid max range, mid defense, mid health.
    KF, expensive, low damage, mid speed, crazy min range, crazy max range, low defense, low health.
    UD, mid cost, high damage, high speed, low min range, low max range, low defense, mid health.
    SL, mid cost, high damage, high speed, mid min range, mid max range, high defense, high health.
    IS mid cost, high damage, low speed, mid min range, low max range, crazy defense, crazy health.
    FS low cost, mid damage, mid speed, mid min range, mid max range, mid defense, mid health.
    FW low cost, mid damage, low speed, mid min range, high max range, mid defense, low health.
    SP low cost, low damage, low speed, low mid range, mid max range, mid defense, mid health.

Things that stick out,
    IS has excessively high defense and the highest health by a margin. Their only downfall is lower speed, which wouldn't be used anyways (5spd)
    KF has super high range
    UD has one of the highest damages before bonus
    SL has good overall stats, all mid/high
    ST is extremely average
    FS is all mid+1 low
    FW is low/mid with high max range
    SP is below averageish, cheap as hell though.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Awkward moment that UD not highest avg damage

6. Vorian

Thansk alot for comparing the factions and analyzing them! You forgot to mention UD is the fastest faction, which suits some peoples play styles. UD has no range but high speed and damage to compensate.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

IS is OP

8. chickenpox2

How did UD get slightly higher speed than SL?

9. ninoG

ninoG The King of Potatoes

I guess the faction bonuses are not included... ST also has mediocre health ...

10. chickenpox2

actually i think it because of nerfs on UD for balance but we had avg of 11-13 before balance

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

This doesn't mean sht tho , this is includin all runes ... All that matters is current meta

SPiEkY, doubtofbuddha and RedScarlet like this.
  12. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

You have to keep in mind that these are just averages. They don't really say much or anything about a factions strength/"actual stats".

I can't really speak for anything but ST. And even in STs case I'm incredibly rusty. Though the Tundra has champions like Baby Furbull (7 HP), Crystalis (1 HP) and Freeze Bug (18 HP) that drag the HP avarage down. Which also means that there are some high HP champions pulling the average back up.
    Likewise UD will have some champions with rather low DMG like Gahlroonling (0 DMG), Lavaspout (5 DMG) and Scorched Dwarf (4 DMG) that are countered by champions with rather high DMG to get the average to be.. average.

Also it's probably safe to assume that abilities were not factored in that query. So yeah, take a lot of salt with those numbers.

SPiEkY and Nea like this.
  13. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

You should have a collaboration session with Sok, and do the stats of themes, or factions average without outliers ect.

14. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

To my understanding Sok is more than able to grab these himself (or using his coding minions).

Sirius likes this.
  15. Vorian

We can use these statistics as a guide for new players on what faction would suit them. There I copied and pasted everything Heroexxxx said and made it into a guide for new players. I will add to it later. Someone who plays all factions should add details on the ins and outs of each faction. Dmr some1 said your name.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Fair enough, but you'd be our 'player to dev' bridge. :p im joking.

17. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

This data is a bit useless, because each faction has:

Meta
    Good
    Normal
    Shoebox

Only data for meta and good is interesting, especially shoebox data is meaningless. More interesting would be to get average numbers for champs weighted for the amount they see play.

So it means each time a champ sees play gets his stats x1, then total for the faction is divided by total amount of champs who saw play in the period. Then we get more accurate average for what faction is strong on damage, speed etc.

Of course these kinds of statistics may be a bit more complex to pull out. But if you really want to know the strength and weakness of each faction compared, ask sok to pull this kinds of data. (I better save my sok askings for something more important)

(To explain f8r dummies why this data is better: assume one faction has 20 champs speed 10 and 200 champs speed 5. Assume another faction has all champs speed 6. So first faction gets lower average, so its the slowest faction, but on battlefield, all champs that see play has speed 10 from first faction and speed 6 from second faction. Players will "feel" the first faction is actually is the faster faction of the two despite the average says different.)

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Is Poxbase's meta thing accurate?

Like "4 ice carved greaves used in top whatever" .

19. Vorian

My goal is rather than new people choosing a faction they think is cool, then heavily investing in runes for that faction, to find out it doesnt suit their playstyle. They choose a faction that suits their playstyle and then invest in runes for that faction. For example although I have broken the limited league with UD in the past, SP and SL more suit my playstyle. So at first I heavily invested in UD (which is expensive) and then I realised SP and SL more suit my playstyle. This will save people losing credits in poxbox. Maybe SP more suits my playstyle because its exos and rares are cheap I dunno.

20. chickenpox2

This data bearly shows anything except average stats of factions
    it's good cause it shows there is a relative balance it without faction bonus stat wise
    so no also this doesn't show SP is weaker at all in fact relatively strong so you cant say that they are weaker with cheaper runes