Why is patience so expensive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhatTheHex, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

It's actually the other way around. By making it brighter is appears white. Too busy to find source right now, maybe later.

2. Sirius

It is moving away and inside the tunnel, rather than the other way around. The people in the station appear Caucasian so most likely they read from left to right. The writing on the walls and the train is (consciously or not, but probably consciously) placed in such a way that it can be read easier in movement. So if the train moves toward the dark part of the tunnel, those inside it can more easily read from the station's wall and those waiting in the station can more easily read what's written on the sides of the train.

Also, at the point where a train is at high speed, where do you think bystanders will look? In the direction the train is moving seems more likely than the direction the train is coming from.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

4. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Well at least 1/3 of the thread was relevant. Pretty high for pox-standards.

Sokolov, soulmilk and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

It was on the news in England O.O

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

It was on the news in Norway too. xD

7. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

I cant believe people are talking about that dress picture on here as well. Its on every website now and I can't get away from it.

8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Dang thing is blue and black...it is no other color
    People seeing white are clearly color blind lol

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Im pretty sure the dress is either due to colour deficiency or light deficiency. People with perfectly fine eyesight see it as blue or black (75% according to the poll) and people with the slightly off eyesight see it white and gold.

10. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

<--- Saw it as Blue and Gold.

11. Sirius

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2971409/What-color-dress-White-gold-blue-black.html

Ok, found the article. Read it. It explains how adjusting brightness makes it look white and gold. It's an optical illusion and the colors you perceive depend on the colors you perceive on the surrounding objects. But regardless of what you perceived, the fabric was made as blue and black. There is a video with someone explaining and some gifs and all that.
    Here's a quote: "True colours: The dress, made by the company Roman Originals, is in fact blue and black striped".

I'm done with the subject.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The problem with the whole dress thing is that while it's explainable, it's not apparent in the original image that the white balance is SO far out of whack (unlike the xkcd comic's version).

soulmilk likes this.
  14. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

15. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Also I'm unbelievably certain that this is just a joke everyone but me is in on.

soulmilk likes this.
  16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I see what you did there...

Molosse likes this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The dress is white and blue damn it.