Domiyawn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is an easy and simple fix and I would support it.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Gains chasm walker for 2 turns?

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

But how does this prevent Slavers Whip, Gale, Possession from cliffing champs? This seems like a pretty biased argument when theres other things that are just as strong and do a similar thing. I just don't see how changing just domi is a better solution than changing either the maps or the way cliffing works o_O

Sealer0 likes this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Holding hands saves lives.

Leadrz, TheBulwark, yobanchi and 2 others like this.
  5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Gale requires zero AP, as do all KB.

What if all possession caused a champion to lose all AP against a cliff. You'd still be able to combo it with a 2nd KB or domi to kill it, just like you can with all those other interactions.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Gale is probably the weakest offender, but Slaver's whip is the same bullshit.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I like this and the lumbering suggestion.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I like you too, mebe we kiss?

9. Vote Kanye 2020

The loss of ap option is much better than giving the champ chasmwalker. Otherwise you're just making another spell shoeboxed due to the fact you're paying 50 nora for 3ap basically for either a single or occasional double tap.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

H0spy:

hi

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

My position isnt exclusive to the spell, Hospy, but rather to all Posses mechanics. I cant remember the last time I used Gale to cliff dive someone, unless I used 2 of it.
    Both chasm walker and lumbering would work, although I feel giving Lumbering would make way more sense than giving chasm walker.
    I mean, possessed champion is all confused and doesnt know what the heck is going on, his movement capability gets weird.

12. Ishalia

Ishalia The King of Potatoes

I think slaver's whip possession and domination should both give chasm walker. It's not fun to just lose a champ to a silly mechanic. It doesn't make me think "Wow! What a good play by my opponent."
    All of the other forms of possession that you can see coming should remain as is. It is a strategy game after all, and if you leave a champ with 0 ap 1-3 spaces from a cliff against ST.. well, I think we all know what's going to happen to it.

However, this changes how domination works. Most people run it now for the domichasm right? So what uses would it have if it granted chasm walker? I can only think of 2:

1. Get a hit or two with an enemy champion most likely for a kill.
    2. Waste the champion's AP by running it as far away as possible, or use an important ability and put it on cd.

In the case of 1, it's very similar to the SL spell, enslave. Enslave costs 40, but it also grants full ap and immobile. Domination only grants 3 but allows you to move the champ afterward.

In the case of 2, it's probably not worth 50 nora to do this, in which case it needs a cost reduction.

thoughts?

13. Vote Kanye 2020

I still believe that Bakki's second option if the best and most reasonable option thats been suggested. Chasmwalker just seems like a lazy fix that kinda ruins all the fun.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And permanently handicapping yourself all game is a solution to the possibility of one spell.

People need to stop spouting this bullshit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Sealer0 and Atherhog like this.
  15. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

while we're talking about it, what the Firk is up with slam damage being absolutely insane

16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Always been like that, but nobody noticed/cared.

17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

People have been complaining about this forever, its time the devs finally did something about this! I think FW is strong enough atm they can take a nerf to domichasm.

18. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

God damn why is FW still in the map rotation

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its the chessboard of Pox.

Sealer0, IMAGIRL and BurnPyro like this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll even go so far as to say that the FW map is the best map.

21. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Almost agree. I'd like it to be just a tiny bit larger, as far as Shrine-to-Shrine distance is concerned. And I'd like that adjusted Shrine distance to be the norm for all maps. Close/reachable, but not ridiculously close.