My Nohkan Do Experiment

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by SkeletonKing, Feb 25, 2015.

1. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

2. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

to me, nkd theme is frozen based. which in turn has a -1 speed built in. stack that up with majestic and ice, -2 more speed. it's pretty easy to get a -3 speed on their champs with this bg and if you engage them they're locked in next to your nkd champ.

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Your link is broken because of the profanity filter

4. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

To be honest, it may be a few days before I really get deep into this.

On one hand, I've been Q'ing up for Ranked Games, and doing it on a fresh unranked account is painful. 15+ minute Q times are brutal. I'm surprised any new players ever make it past that.
    On the other hand, the 3rd season of House of Cards is coming out and I'm planning on binge watching that this weekend.

5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

6. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

7. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

that bg wouldn't play very well

8. Entrepidus

Not sure how to respond to this. It means nothing to me without further explanation.

Your NKD BG uses many easy to ignore champions (Khong Monk). 2x Nohkan Guide is overkill, 2x Ferren Assassin is expensive (also easy to counter), Nohkan Grandmaster is rather weak, and so forth. Non-champion selection comes down to personal preference, but I feel confident that using the cheaper Ferren with Sundering Discipline alongside multiple sources of Freezing Aura yields more consistent results. You'll actually have the extra nora to use the non-champion runes more often.

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

10. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Nohkan Guide is both cheap, can summon mini champs (that can actually become pretty good depending on quest kill) and has feint for awesome sunder combos with Khong. I don't think she's that overkill, plus she's cheap.

edit: I said cheap twice

11. Entrepidus

You should know me well enough by now to know that I don't always agree with what many consider to be staple runes across all the factions. If you don't see a given staple, it's because I don't believe it's necessary.

Tundra Discipline
    is a source of alt damage that converts Physical to Frost while also providing +1 DMG. If Ferren (there are seven), it also provides Savage Exploit for +2 DMG and +1 AP per attack. It's solid enough I'd probably make room for a second one if I were using the BG.

12. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

Crystal dragon is overpriced without catalyst now, deploying him would be a huge hit to tempo just to get freezing aura out.
    Ferren dancer is also high costed with low hp and no defense, it wouldn't be played unless multiple champs are out in front of it, playing 2 is overkill
    Ferren assassin is to make them waste stuff to find him, people freak out over assassinate. 74 is cheap for what they'll use to get him.
    x2 JD is overkill since you probably won't double equalize, and even if you do having two out is eh
    the choice of spells leaves too many holes in what could shut you down. northern wind is built for monks but is still junker than a plain old ice storm
    the other gale missing is like i dont even know what to say

there's quite a few runes just thrown in haphazardly that imo don't seem to fit.

Most of the time you only need 1 freezing aura per fighting front which is most of the time 1 and sometimes 2.

If my bg is played correctly, it can hold a top 10 spot. majestic+ice+slow+frozen=death

that bg isn't a exact replica of my bg, i think I had 2 elementalists too since they have frost nova and 1 less assassin and something else

oh and i had 2 shadowstrikers because op nkd

13. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I'm still trying to get in games with my NKD, but I am starting to see why a lot of ST players say they don't like it. Even the games I'm winning are boring.
    This is going to be tough just because I don't enjoy playing it. o_O

Fentum likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is the case a lot of times, yes, because if you are avoiding attacks you are really not doing anything else with your AP, which leads to very turtly and build up matches.
    But keep us informed!