BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

No. Anytime you sacrifice the wood ele you just get the effect you sacrificed it for.

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

3. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

But Fuel on an almost dead lifegiver + sacrifice of delim on a sapling that is being useless eitherway = +4 dmg and 6 hp permanent and a 12 hp heal for all your Delims out for barely any nora.

Cheers,

Josh753

4. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I feel so lost since I have been gone over a month now but I love this thread. I should be able to jump back in pretty easy.

5. Poxbrothers

6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Care to explain how it is OP? Have you used it extensively in ranked yet to prove this?

7. Poxbrothers

Your saplings easily have ridiculously high amounts of HP with foment, banner and take root (not even counting fan faire and the like here).

When your Wood Elemental is out and transplants into a Greenhouse Sapling it is a +6 max HP and 12 HP heal for all your Delim Champs out (it triggers twice once for Wood Ele dieing and again for sapling dieing).

As you will have a shitload of saplings if you play it right this will happen rather frequently (both Greenhouse and none Greenhouse ones).

You can keep your Delims out of high threat range, keep one (or a few) saplings on the side in case you think your opponent can kill your Wood Ele next turn.

If he kills the Wood Ele, you get him back with a huge boost to your Delim Champs. If he does not kill your Wood Ele, well, Wood Ele tends to hit for quite a bit himself.

Earlier today I was playing vs Krezio (rank 21, not that that means anything but still). At the end I had 4 Delim champs out all between 65 - 95 HP, a Wood Elemental that had 19 dmg iirc my Conclave Warden (for foment) and I think around 7 saplings. Both my Lifegivers were out too (as they are so ridiculously cheap) and were healing all the dmg done to my Delims.

Than ofcourse you have the Flame Siphon on Sapling for nora etc.

I hope this helps,

Josh753

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll have to give that BG a whirl.

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll be updating this thread FULLY In the next day or two to reflect the changes with that patch/mid-term release.

ChiaoLung likes this.
  10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Thread's updated! Old and the new still saved; enjoy!

xezno likes this.
  11. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Anyone playing any new BG's with bowmage?

13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

i tried an archer deck but with FF KF you either have to have no melee, or play non archers too.. Not really sure what would be best to do with them.

14. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Illuminate works with Aurora Lancer, but I don't know whether that is the generally better upgrade on that line. Imbue Stun can be used to CC someone 1 turn before a Horn of K'thir powerturn (or right during)? Idk, just throwing ideas.

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yeah I know there's some un-tapped potential between Bowmage/Aurora Lancer but they're kinda expensive and rather shitty in defense. So it becomes a game of support spells.

16. Poxbrothers

You know what would be cool if Horn of K'thir made all range Range 1 for that turn. Than it could be used to give Archers that occasional melee with Arrowsinger.

Just throwing ideas out.

Karmavore and Elves Rule like this.
  17. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I normally put an Ancestral Anger in an archer bg for that. It can be expensive, but it's a good surprise spell.

18. Poxbrothers

I know, I think everyone does, but it is far to expensive.

In my opinion Archers aren't all that viable. This could be a way to make them more viable without having to go outside of the theme.

19. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

Hello,
    I'm currently running the bellow battle group. The idea is to mirror Thirion and mess things up :).
    Please let me know if there is anything you deem I need to add/remove etc.

Thanks

KF BG

20. enuff

enuff The King of Potatoes

Here is my first Goodstuff deck since the new release. I haven't played around with all the new runes so far, but this bg is certaimly a lot of fun.

What i can say so far is: Bowmage/Aurora Lancer have nice synergy, Forest Lerper IS BACK - try to combo this guys with battle hymn and Horn of Order for tonz o' damage :), Groundpounder is still worth it and an excellent early deploy, the expensive forest giant is a pretty big threat while being very tanky.