Hipster Theme bgs

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I've been trying to come up with new ideas for cool new bgs

My most recent creation is FW/FS "Forsaken Boghoppers"

Basically the idea is Boghoppers with FW spells/relics/equips lead by Timmy.

only non FW support is Spirit Banner and only non Boghopper is Death Harvester

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Darknarsh zealot was it -> final word is nice.

Skullferno likes this.
  3. Skullferno

Yeah, I actually just made ST/FS Firks

I want to make UD/FS Salaman but lets be honest, they will never be rank viable.

4. Leadrz

Nevers a harsh word, but at the moment salamanders have nearly nothing to work with... Even the "immune fire" can actually stop synergy with the fire themed.

5. Skullferno

Exactly.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

UD/FS Poison/Fire might work though. I don't know why you'd bother, but as far as hipster themes go...

I'd been messing with general Water BGs that don't make use of any Semi-Aquatic, other than Songmaster and Ctharia (and Ctharia is pretty optional for those that don't want to bother). More or less mashing a Mirefolk module with a Fry module, with a little seasoning of Dive, Hidden, and Awakening to fill it out. It is pretty reliant on being able to control the terrain under the opponent though, so other Front or even some Trail abilities will mess with you. But all the AOE can be quite fun to play with; and at 62 Nora Magnetic Anuran is actually pretty decent with Fry, even if Magnetic Pulse is commonly worthless these days.

Speaking of FW/FS, there might still be some merit in messing with Nora Seep and Darkmarsh Blackstaff. Giving everything Boon means you get 20% more from the globes Seep throws out (1-3 extra nora to be specific) and of course it goes well with Grim Harvest. Not sure if you were already doing that or not (Nora Seep can be kind of risky after all).

I haven't done that last one myself though.

Pretty much it for weird FS themes I've been trying.

Skullferno likes this.
  7. Leadrz

Nora seep + the worm that collects it.

8. Skullferno

Interesting

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Which reminds me, we got another Surge: Plant Firk (for some reason). I suppose you could make a KF split out of that somehow. I think you can still get Ally on the Sporegill too, which was always fun.

Leadrz likes this.
  10. Leadrz

I used to sporegil curse and reapers blade.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Skullferno Added you to an existing conversation on the Nora Seep Topic.

Current BG Iteration (Haven't played with it enough to make any changes, feels solid so far.)
    [​IMG]

Skullferno likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A buddy an I screwed around with a Nora Pearls Tortun bg a long time back. (This was when they passively gained nora for attacking.) We supplemented the bg with lots of Relics, and Equips. Was pretty damn good. I am sure you can something similar -to a lesser extent- now that they all have options for Banditry.

13. bioalchemy

bioalchemy Member

I made a bg like this a while ago. It takes setting up so you have to play defensively.

A few combos.
    1) obviously, death harvester and dusk creeper + nora seep to collect globes. upgrade forage on the creeper; that way if you can reach one globe in the opponent's font, you can probably grab them all.
    2) less obvious, wake the dead spawns real champions in the opponents font. If you surprise them, you can contest their font and grab the other globes if you're lucky
    3) with six globes in your font, grim harvest costs 28 nora and does 12 global damage
    4) if you put bokor near the opponent's font, they will take 5 damage per globe they try to pick up

https://poxbase.com/deck/Cz6c93CdYCg1S8pS5NS2_

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Don't forget about Nora Pearls and Nora Leech. FS/SL would be better than FS/FW.

15. Skullferno

Really neat ideas so far guys thanks for sharing

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Been messing around with more FS/SP split shenanigans of late. Specifically, making use of a few things like Sustain: Unstoppable (Peaks Dew) and Pirahnids or Salaman Dervish. Touch of Havoc + Salaman Hunter (not too big a deal, but you get the full +5 DMG if you cast it while they aren't in their Hunter's Blind makes them pretty worthwhile again). Lightning Storm + Tidal Wave has always been one of the better known AoE combos, but you can also Lightning Rod/Nora Seep/Nora Storm now, so that's new. That sort of thing.

Nothing particularly stand-out, other than that you can have it all in the same BG. You might do better with FS/SL in terms of giving Dervish Unstoppable via Rage Band for example (and they can Tidal Wave/Boil or something as well, though that's a bit more restricted than LS), and have other silly interactions (like Acid Gale + Pearls and the like).