Need some help with Grintmaw battlegroup

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Kharon, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sup IS bros, i'm new to this faction. I haven't really played much ranked matches with IS and I wanna learn about the faction. Problem is, I have no clue what the meta spells, relics or equips are nowadays.

I really like Grintmaws, the permanent 1+ health and the damage can give a pretty nice power turn if used properly. Anyway, here is my battle group.

link: https://poxbase.com/deck/CdtCl5Cl4Cd_CdwCd9Cdqc5Lc4ZS5Xs4Bs1YS74sPs5VsKr2@rYelE3i

Attached Files:

2. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would consider swapping out the Battle Chicken for another Marsh Troll, and finding a spot for another Heartstone or a Tales of Valor. Between UV and the Deafening Auras on the Singers you have plenty of detection/ghetto detection. Magnificents aren't as good as they used to be since the loss of Mirrored, but their early-game Mobility is top notch thanks to Crushing Charge, so I would leave them in.

I would consider a Holy Blade over Earthgod Sigil, and potentially finding a slot for a Priest of Valdac simply for the Divine Favor.

3. Kharon

Is there a cheaper alternative to Holy blade? I don't have it and it's price is pretty high on Pox Box

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sharding it likely. Look me up late tonight or the next two days and I will get you one.

Kharon likes this.
  5. Kharon

I actually just sharded enough for it. :) Thank you though!

6. Kharon

7. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Looking better! I'm not 100% sold on Earthshaker, since it's taking up a spot your other Grintmaw Hymn should be in. It's a Grintmaw Deck, I would NEVER build one of those without 2x Hymn. It may not seem like it, but that's your powerturn spell. Get a good number of Grints out, force your opponent to pop it, and then go to town. Particularly useful if something key (Like a Bouncer) is low on HP, because they'll WANT it dead. Watch your positioning, though, since AoEs will chew through the buffer fast.

8. Kharon

I just like Earthshaker because it's 25 health, does aoe damage and gives a debuff. Also works well for Singers, but I could add in another Hymm. They are working pretty nice for me.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not to mention it can cliff things.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Tiny is playin Grints, check out his BG.