Discussion: The Ronin Midterm Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 3, 2015.

1. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Most witches are humans. Witch decks and "Human" decks are basically synonymous.

Unless you were planning in him being the only human in your Foul Rite bg?

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

they aren't the same though.

3. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

All witches are humans, not all humans are witches

4. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Ah, I see what you were going for. Fair enough. :)

5. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

nice to always come back to the game after an update and realize all y BG are nerfed to the ground and unplayable! not

Sunutsu, Valkyr and Alakhami like this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you don't use blatantly overpowered stuff, you won't have that problem.

BurnPyro, Alakhami, Netherzen and 2 others like this.
  7. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

I Can't believe theres still no fix for strig legwhip....its bugged since the revamp.what the hell

Goyo and KingJad like this.
  8. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

So, can we take the manual nora increase off Grappler yet?
    There is no good reason he should cost as much as Deadwood Strider.

Sealer0 and Entrepidus like this.
  9. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

He does not have SL2 anymore unless I am missing something. Check him out!

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I fixed him, I meant to let you choose between SL2 for the discount or Q:R for the HP.

So either he takes Performance Enhancing Drugs and dies early, or he trains hard and lives long and prospers.

Wraith and xezno like this.
  11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Too soon.

RIP

12. Liion

Liion Well-Known Member

This.

Stitched First went from a good general support rune to beeing unusable outside of stitched BG. Faithless, Transfer Life and Death Pact, those were the only reasons to use him (outside or relocate relic in specific BGs).
    I don't really understand the nerf logic overall, I mean, its not like the Rune was breaking the game, or having such a big impact that everyone was running it 2x in every BG.
    I feel like he got hitted way too hard by the nerf hammer. I would give him Transfer life and Faithless, making him a good support and remove Death Pact if you want.

Just my 2cents.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Possible to make the d engi summons 5 spd? They caught the buff to pile driver. Either that or +3 nora to d engi, which I'd like to avoid.

14. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

K, so, here goes *cracks hands*:

I'll start with the one mistake I noticed in the patch notes, the rest is just my opinion on stuff:
    • Cerulean Wing has Entangling both on U1 and from Cerulean Sigil. Since I've been reading the Sigil Wing thread, I seem to remember Entangle was supposed to be in U1, but not sure.

New runes:
    • UD: seems really powerful, but it also seems to offer counterplay. Might be OP, not sure.
    • SP: at first I thought he was kind of overefficient stat wise, even ignoring his unique ability. but then I noticed he's 2x2. he's ok I think.
    • FW: I'm typically a gameplay first person, but awesome flavor on this one guys (through the abilities I mean)! I've seen it mentioned before and I second it: needz an Angelina Jolie reskin :p
    • ST: weird boobs, cool concept, idk what to think power wise.
    • FS: idk, seems very good in Firk/Psychic
    • SL: love it! Terrorize is an ability I like conceptually, but I didn't wanna play FW just for the wolf dude. I get the whole concept and it's cool, but I think this rune is too powerful.
    • IS: it's interesting, but don't care personally. Imposing Aura is a really cool ability though.
    • KF: it's interesting, I'll give it that. absolutely no clue about powerlevel.

Patch notes:

-FW: I like the +1 speed on Soul Siren

-SL: holy Bane Shift! awesome patch!
    • LOCUST FTW! THE DREAM! I'm afraid it's gonna get nerfed soon, that's how good it looks to me
    • Skywing Eminent: could this be it? Is it possible that he no longer sucks? :eek:
    • Dunewalker: It can now teleport everything everywhere! Grant: Trail and Grant: Tunnel and Sand generation?! I'm gonna cry
    • Draksar Hunter: Drudgery in SL? I klike it. Comboes with the new Legendary too.
    • Draksar Morph: OH WOW! I peed a little. Missed this one on my first pass. Guys this is too much! Imbue Stun/Haste/Soften what a great upgrade line! I want them all!
    • Angel of War: no clue.
    -IS:
    • Amber Sigil: seems good, surprised at how cheap the Sigil is.
    • Amethyst: wow, that thing is cheap. looks very good.
    • Cerulean: Entangling Attack in U1 and from Sigil. otherwise, love it! can't wait to use Retreat 2 with Instill Panic.
    • Emerald: He's ok. I'm sad he now has to choose between Swap and Teleport, but I get it. He can be played now, which is very important for Sigil Wings. I still think out of all the runes in the game, this one would be the coolest recipient for Gale.
    • Ivory Wing: Soften in U2 is still auto-pick; no contest, no doubt. alternatives can't compete, I can elaborate if needed.
    • Obsidian Wing: !!! I love what you've done with U2! I wish he didn't have to rely on hits for extra damage, but that would be greedy of me. plus there's way to raise dmg. can't wait to try him out.
    • Platinum Wing: meh. Perhaps I'm underestimating the effect Improve Range has in the game. because to me, the fact that the main ranged physical dmg dealer is more expensive than the main ranged alt dmg dealer (Scarlet W.) is not a good idea.
    • Royal Geomancer: Holy Bane Shift! Swap AND Shockwave?! He's living the dream right now. Awesome! and he's no longer 80-something

-UD: Spellkaiser: he's cool. if I played the faction, I'd play him.

-KF: Yay! Bowmage buff! Iluminate <3.

-FS: Brace yourselves! Hyaenid mukwurm bgs incoming. But what am I even talking about? FF with Gekaal is a terror on it's own.

-ST: I love the kind of rune Ferren Dancer is becoming. Also, Dispel no longer eludes ST!

-SP: Angel of Chaos looks really good. Yay, cost decrease on Hyaenid Executioner.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  15. Sokolov

He will get TL1.

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

wasn't he TL1 before?
    damn he lost TL and deathpact damn i really hope he gets back
    also can we have deconstruct on one of the upgrades seem like it be useful

17. Sokolov

He is getting it back, and I will consider Deconstruct.

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about death pact
    i usually use it to counter things like AA when i got no magic source out in my mino bg

avichaif likes this.
  19. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

"Give an inch and they ask for a mile"

claydude5 and SkeletonKing like this.
  20. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

why have you got no magic source in your mino BG? Battlemage is still amazing.
    Anyhow incroporeal change incoming.